2018-2019 Nova Southeastern School of Allopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted mine! I’m glad that they bluntly state that they’ll give us a decision in 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man. This secondary is insane. Do they actually expect us to fill out the 4,000 characters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep still waiting. 3.9+ GPA and 508 MCAT here.
I saw someone say they are looking for high MCAT's so im wondering if they filtered out < a certain threshold?

Where did you hear that? I’m sitting at a 3.2/521

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hear that? I’m sitting at a 3.2/521

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said this earlier in the thread

"I met an admissions rep a little while back. Her and the dean of admissions both came from a med school in NY (Albany?), so they're pretty experienced. And I remember she said the average MCAT of the first class was pretty high, don't remember exactly how high but it was up there.

I think a strategy with new med programs is to be more selective stat-wise with their first few classes, to make sure that they're academically prepared for board exams. At least that would make sense to me...and if they are losing high-stat applicants with multiple acceptances, they'll probably be generous with scholarships to entice people to attend."

But that's just someone's thoughts so who knows.

if they are cutting at a 515 that is ridiculous lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm below a 510 and received a secondary about 1.5 weeks ago.

Yeah, 508 mcat here and received one early July

Reactions: 3 users
For the " Please explain any gaps or inconsistencies in either academic or standardized test performances throughout your undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate career." question, should I explain an MCAT retake or a 124 CARS score?

Oh wow. Submitted my secondary yesterday and got an email today saying that I should be notified on an interview decision within 2-3 weeks. :eek:

I'm OOS, verified early June and still waiting on a secondary :shrug:

Reactions: 3 users
For the " Please explain any gaps or inconsistencies in either academic or standardized test performances throughout your undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate career." question, should I explain an MCAT retake or a 124 CARS score?
I don't think this would need justifying, I think it's more for time off from school or seriously low GPA or MCAT. You probably don't wanna focus on low MCAT section

Florida essays seem to be longer. Maybe they care more about who we are as a person?

FSU 7 questions 500 word max
UCF wants another PS 2 pages
Miami has like 5 optional essays
UF requires you to analyze and interpret essays
NOVA seems to be the longest.
Lol Miami is probably the longest. There’s the other 5 or so required questions in addition to the optional ones. I think FL schools are just better at making us self-weed.

Lol Miami is probably the longest. There’s the other 5 or so required questions in addition to the optional ones. I think FL schools are just better at making us self-weed.
I haven't even opened USF yet because I feel like my MCAT isn't good enough. They seem to like high MCAT scores.

I haven't even opened USF yet because I feel like my MCAT isn't good enough. They seem to like high MCAT scores.
Usf was not fun either. Lol they all suck. I do feel sorry for FL residents sometimes haha

Have a friend who just finished his M1 at USF. He said that USF in fact does love a high MCAT score. He said its because USF is infatuated with having the highest stats out of all the Florida schools. Honestly if you don't have a 515+ it might not be worth applying.

Have a friend who just finished his M1 at USF. He said that USF in fact does love a high MCAT score. He said its because USF is infatuated with having the highest stats out of all the Florida schools. Honestly if you don't have a 515+ it might not be worth applying.
How is USF ranked?

Last edited:
Is USF even a top 3 school in florida?
I feel like UM, UF and maybe UCF would be ranked higher

I'm not sure, they might not be. But maybe they are requiring a very high MCAT so that they can get there.

Do you think they'll get back to us in 2-3 weeks? I got my confirmation of secondary submitted July 9 and still haven't heard back.

Do you think they'll get back to us in 2-3 weeks? I got my confirmation of secondary submitted July 9 and still haven't heard back.

I think so! Their classes are starting soon (August 29th), so things will likely start picking up.

Still no secondary.
Anyone know if they screen?

So should I here back regarding an interview this week? This this is the 3rd week and if they don't respond they aren't keeping true to their words in their email.

So should I here back regarding an interview this week? This this is the 3rd week and if they don't respond they aren't keeping true to their words in their email.

Relax, it's going to be a long process.

Has anyone without a secondary reached out to them yet? Getting very tempted to give them a call and ask what's up

Has anyone without a secondary reached out to them yet? Getting very tempted to give them a call and ask what's up
I'm so tempted but I don't want to come off as neurotic.

I'm so tempted but I don't want to come off as neurotic.
Exactly... Though we could easily remain anonymous over the phone...

I probably will call them by Friday if I haven't heard anything.

Exactly... Though we could easily remain anonymous over the phone...

I probably will call them by Friday if I haven't heard anything.
Oh I got a secondary a few weeks ago.... I meant after I submitted my secondary - they said 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding status of interview and this is the 3rd week. So I’ve submitted the secondary weeks ago already so I’m waiting to hear back about the interview. You’re prob in the next batch of secondaries.

This was the response I got July 9 after submitting secondary : “Thank you for completing and submitting your secondary application for the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine. The Office of Admissions has received your application and queued it for review by our screening committee. You should receive a decision regarding your candidacy within 2-3 weeks. ”

I finally submitted this behemoth of a secondary. Yay for repurposing essays.

Oh I got a secondary a few weeks ago.... I meant after I submitted my secondary - they said 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding status of interview and this is the 3rd week. So I’ve submitted the secondary weeks ago already so I’m waiting to hear back about the interview. You’re prob in the next batch of secondaries.

This was the response I got July 9 after submitting secondary : “Thank you for completing and submitting your secondary application for the Nova Southeastern University College of Allopathic Medicine. The Office of Admissions has received your application and queued it for review by our screening committee. You should receive a decision regarding your candidacy within 2-3 weeks. ”

you get your decision yet?

I was verified 7/23 and got my secondary here the next day. Extremely OOS, very mediocre stats (506, 3.99). That's why I'm assuming they don't screen, so that's odd that some of you haven't gotten one yet.

That being said, I'm about to start this beast now. Pls save us lol.

I like the location and the mission of this school but I find it hard to believe that as a new school they will be filling their classes with median mcat scores of 515, at least not without offering some serious financial incentive. There are simply too many other well-established programs that candidates in that range would be selected for and it would not make sense to choose a new program over an established one.