2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are any of you looking at places to live? How far in advance should I look for an apartment?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There are a lot of housing options listed on the FB page of Middletown TouroCOM. Make sure you guys are added to the DO 2023 Class to have access.

There are a lot of housing options listed on the FB page of Middletown TouroCOM. Make sure you guys are added to the DO 2023 Class to have access.
I'm in the Middletown Osteopathic FB group and the Middletown Housing/selling/etc. How can I access the DO 2023 page?

Are any of you looking at places to live? How far in advance should I look for an apartment?

I already am on the waitlist for Sterling Parc. The woman said to get on the list ASAP if you want any chance to get a 1 bdroom in june/ july.

I already am on the waitlist for Sterling Parc. The woman said to get on the list ASAP if you want any chance to get a 1 bdroom in june/ july.
I've heard conflicting things about sterling parc. How's your experience been thus far? (Not that it's been that long of an experience though)

The manager has been very nice to me so far. I liked the facilities and it seemed clean. Frankly, I think all of the major apartments complexs in middletown have tenants who leave terrible reviews on the website. I haven't found one that doesn't. I am going to reach out to the SGA and see if they can give me some personal feedback

The manager has been very nice to me so far. I liked the facilities and it seemed clean. Frankly, I think all of the major apartments complexs in middletown have tenants who leave terrible reviews on the website. I haven't found one that doesn't. I am going to reach out to the SGA and see if they can give me some personal feedback
Sounds great. Would you post here once you hear from the SGA?

wowww, i like that place too. It seems like a couple of the apartments near the school seem to be in not the nicest of neighborhoods. If anyone knows any places in the area, that are in safer neighborhoods with availability, let me know! Ill keep a look out too

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they send out admissions decisions all at once or if they send emails here and there? I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back but curious if anyone ever hears anything sooner.

Does anyone know if they send out admissions decisions all at once or if they send emails here and there? I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back but curious if anyone ever hears anything sooner.
They definitely send out emails here and there. I dont know how the process work, but some of us got our decisions a week apart. I think TouroCOM has to be one of a few that will take forever in getting back to you. Other schools I have interviewed at, i got my decision within a week or two.

You saved me a phone call/email. I just got out of work and was planning to reach out.

hey guys - they sent out immunization forms in the email of our first deposit, but mention a physical exam and a "titer" need to be sent to the email provided along with the immun. forms. can anyone provide more info on this? like how do we send in a documented physical exam/titer with no form provided by them? is this a mistake?

hey guys - they sent out immunization forms in the email of our first deposit, but mention a physical exam and a "titer" need to be sent to the email provided along with the immun. forms. can anyone provide more info on this? like how do we send in a documented physical exam/titer with no form provided by them? is this a mistake?

Yea. I was confused about that too. I scheduled a "physical" with my PCP and got my immun. records and had him sign off on the forms. They ask for Serology Date and Results, so I got my blood drawn too to prove I am not at risk of MMR.

I then scanned over the completed immunization form, a copy of my immunization record, and the completed serology lab results over to the registrars office and they said that I was all set! No actual physical form needed.

Yea. I was confused about that too. I scheduled a "physical" with my PCP and got my immun. records and had him sign off on the forms. They ask for Serology Date and Results, so I got my blood drawn too to prove I am not at risk of MMR.

I then scanned over the completed immunization form, a copy of my immunization record, and the completed serology lab results over to the registrars office and they said that I was all set! No actual physical form needed.
yay! thank you, appreciate it!

Where is everyone thinking of living next year ?

Non-traditional Master's student here! If there are any female students looking for a roommate pls send me a DM.

They definitely send out emails here and there. I dont know how the process work, but some of us got our decisions a week apart. I think TouroCOM has to be one of a few that will take forever in getting back to you. Other schools I have interviewed at, i got my decision within a week or two.
Just emailed Frank Rose and he told me that all applications have been reviewed and just need a final review from the Dean. He hopes to send out all the decisions by tomorrow!

I interviewed 1/14, for reference.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here. I hope it goes to some of you!!! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 4 users
Have people from 1/14 started hearing back yet o____O ?
Nope. =/ I have a feeling it'll probably take until the end of the week assuming the bureaucracy needed to go through sending out acceptances.

Nope. =/ I have a feeling it'll probably take until the end of the week assuming the bureaucracy needed to go through sending out acceptances.

:( it’s looking like it. I emailed Frank late last week and he mentioned the snow storms out here were the cause for the delays and was hoping Tuesday would be the day that decisions went out. The struggles of an admissions staff...

Accepted today, interviewed 1/14

Reactions: 3 users
Also, can any current students give me some input on their living experience at the school's dormitories? I apologize if I asked too many questions.

I wouldn't recommend staying at the dorms. Poorly maintained facilities (Kitchens, Showers, Noise, weak Wifi). There are plenty of off campus housing options....

Reactions: 1 users
People from 1/28 interview, do you think we'll hear back this week?

Same, waitlisted. Interviewed 1/14. Any idea on waitlist chances?
I've been waitlisted for a couple of months and was told by the admissions counselors that starting May 15th there will be a lot of movement from the waitlist. However, some people have gotten off the waitlist throughout the cycle. I'm not sure what the exact protocol is

Last edited:
Did anyone have any luck finding the average comlex score for this campus?

does anyone know if the school provides laptops/Ipads for the students? Should we go out and buy our own? I know some schools provide these things

does anyone know if the school provides laptops/Ipads for the students? Should we go out and buy our own? I know some schools provide these things
As of last year they do not. A laptop of certain specs is required for testing purposes. An allowance is made in the financial aid as a first year...~$1000 if you need new tech.

The schools that provide them already have it factored into tuition. It's better that they allow you to purchase your own. If you have any type of macbook already you should be fine.