2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve seen them around but never used them and can’t comment on reliability.

Members don't see this ad.

just interviewed yesterday, really loved the school. Just wondering if there is a webpage to check status for later on, they said about 6 weeks to hear back decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone actually been added to that group? I submitted a request a while back and havent been added.

I'm guessing they're waiting to add people, cuz they wanna make sure that the people in the group are people who will actually be attending, not just accepted folks

Has anyone actually been added to that group? I submitted a request a while back and havent been added.
I was added to the group last week. It took a few days after I sent the request. DId you send a screenshot of your acceptance to SGA?

I was added to the group last week. It took a few days after I sent the request. DId you send a screenshot of your acceptance to SGA?
to what email did you send your acceptance to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s some MCAT/COMLEX data from the Middletown campus. Hope this helps!

Edit: looks like SDN dropped the resolution when I uploaded it so it’s hard to read the numbers.
93910CE0-4AAC-4257-A563-63C19ED99047.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this data. What was the COMLEX ave score, MCAT and GPA? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on their website.
I think 3.4 and 505 are the gpa and MCAT averages for our class. Not sure about COMLEX part 1, I know the third years scored #8 among all DO schools but that’s all the specifics I know about COMLEX here.

does anyone know why step 2 scores are so poor relative to the national average and anything they are doing to improve this?

does anyone know why step 2 scores are so poor relative to the national average and anything they are doing to improve this?

I think I've address this is previous comments but i'll share what I've found by doing my own investigation. It is evident to me that the National averages of the both comlex scores are a little over-inflated. Take UNECOM for example. On their website, they report excellent scores for both the level 1 and level 2. What I've read though is that UNECOM students have to actually take a qualifying test before taking the comlex exams. Therefore, they are only reporting the numbers of people who pass the qualifying test and then take the comlex. I believe a lot of other schools do this as well. I am not sure what Touro did in the past, but, it is evident from a few documents that they have started implementing this practice in the 2018-2019 school year. ( Ill post them in a second.)I also found a large document that TouroCOM put together for the 2018-2019 year that provides a lot of tips to on Comlex 2 PE preparation.

TouroCOM clinical rotation manual- went into effect on July 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year ( look at pages 18-25)

https://tourocom.touro.edu/media/sc...nical_Rotations_Manual_2017-2018_20180530.pdf

TouroCOM comlex prep guide- developed in 2018 for 2018-2019 school year

https://tourocom.touro.edu/media/sc.../TouroCOMCOMLEXPEPreparationTips2018FINAL.pdf

I think I've address this is previous comments but i'll share what I've found by doing my own investigation. It is evident to me that the National averages of the both comlex scores are a little over-inflated. Take UNECOM for example. On their website, they report excellent scores for both the level 1 and level 2. What I've read though is that UNECOM students have to actually take a qualifying test before taking the comlex exams. Therefore, they are only reporting the numbers of people who pass the qualifying test and then take the comlex. I believe a lot of other schools do this as well. I am not sure what Touro did in the past, but, it is evident from a few documents that they have started implementing this practice in the 2018-2019 school year. ( Ill post them in a second.)I also found a large document that TouroCOM put together for the 2018-2019 year that provides a lot of tips to on Comlex 2 PE preparation.

TouroCOM clinical rotation manual- went into effect on July 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year ( look at pages 18-25)

https://tourocom.touro.edu/media/sc...nical_Rotations_Manual_2017-2018_20180530.pdf

TouroCOM comlex prep guide- developed in 2018 for 2018-2019 school year

https://tourocom.touro.edu/media/sc.../TouroCOMCOMLEXPEPreparationTips2018FINAL.pdf

Thank you so much for sharing this information with me. Sorry if I've made you repeat yourself. I'm sure plenty of people (in addition to myself) will find this helpful.

Not a problem! I too am just trying to get a grasp on this whole "med school" thing.

I suspect that the COMLEX level 2 PE performance is why they started requiring CASPER... they wanted students who could display solid interpersonal skills

I suspect that the COMLEX level 2 PE performance is why they started requiring CASPER... they wanted students who could display solid interpersonal skills

Since the test is so new, they have no statistics to determine whether results are significant enough to weigh when considering someone's decision. CASPER results aren't taken into account during admission cycles for most schools yet - Touro doesn't even consider them. They are more so using them for research for the next year(+). That's what Frank told us on interview day. But you could totally be right about the need for the CASPER in general.

CASPER results aren't taken into account during admission cycles for most schools yet - Touro doesn't even consider them. They are more so using them for research for the next year(+). That's what Frank told us on interview day.

Huh, didn't know that, thanks

Does anyone know how much hands on experience we get with the sims?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how much hands on experience we get with the sims?
Second years use the sim lab regularly. In first year, we use it a few times for blood pressure and lung sounds. There are clubs that you can join in first year that use the sim lab regularly.

Just confirming that this school doesn't have an accepted students day???

Not orientation that would be the 3-4 whatever days before official classes but an accepted students day to find housing / learn about fin aid stuff etc

Speaking of orientation, do we have a solid date for that yet? how about the white coat ceremony?

Speaking of orientation, do we have a solid date for that yet? how about the white coat ceremony?
In the Welcome email Dr. Steier mentioned July 22nd. Not sure if that’s the white coat ceremony or the orientation date.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, if you are looking for off campus housing, feel free to email me. [email protected]. I currently will have one home available for rental come summer time. May have two. You can look at pictures at EAL Group, LLC. Outside of this, if you have general questions about housing in general, feel free to contact me. Good luck to all.

Is it possible to transfer if you've been accepted at one campus to the other?

Is it possible to transfer if you've been accepted at one campus to the other?
no, i talked to frank about this and he stated wherever you interview at is the school you will attend.

Anybody head anything yet from the January interviews? I interviewed 1/7 nothing yet?

Accepted today! Interviewed 1/7

Reactions: 1 users
For people that have gotten off the waitlist, what are your stats/ did you send in any additional documents when you got waitlisted/ how long did it take to get accepted from the waitlist?

For people that have gotten off the waitlist, what are your stats/ did you send in any additional documents when you got waitlisted/ how long did it take to get accepted from the waitlist?
I was waitlisted and then accepted that next monday. I was in contact with Frank A LOT. like I made a point to spend time with him during interview day and right after I was waitlisted I emailed him immediately reaching out asking what more I can do other than just sending emails every two weeks. That was a friday, and on monday I got the acceptance. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted and then accepted that next monday. I was in contact with Frank A LOT. like I made a point to spend time with him during interview day and right after I was waitlisted I emailed him immediately reaching out asking what more I can do other than just sending emails every two weeks. That was a friday, and on monday I got the acceptance. Good luck!
When did you interview?

Does anyone know how much Touro cares about whether or not their medical students want to do their residency in new york / stay in the state in general?