2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who did you talk to at the admissions office? When I talked to Jessica Woods (Elmira Campus), she mentioned that their alternate list is not ranked,.

I'm not 100% sure when I called I asked to speak to admissions and they forwarded my call. I know that the FL campus is seperate from the others. So since the others are combined they may not make a ranked list but here they do? I'm not sure though. I didn't think the list was ranked, which is why I was a little confused.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought they were the same until she mentioned I was on the "ranked" list. I assumed they were all the same. But now I'm not sure.
i think theres only one list, and its internally ranked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my seat. Hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else still under review? It has been 2 months since my interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
My status never changed from that, even after being placed on the WL. I had to check with them via email to find out. Still hasn’t updated in the portal.

Is anyone else still under review? It has been 2 months since my interview

I'm going to withdraw my seat today. I hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

What number did you call? I usually get ahold of someone calling the main line and they transfer me to the medical school. Anytime I haven't been answered I've gotten a call back leaving my number with them!

Are you sure? Because I know someone who got in last year off the alternate list. I think they're one and the same

Yes, that's how it was explained to me after I was a student at LECOM. No reason for that person to not get in from the alternate. Especially as start dates get nearer, they will go from rankings, to basically whoever picks up the phone first. Nothing is over until school has started for first years and they're about two weeks in. We had plenty of people come in after the first week of classes were already over.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! What is the first day of class typically for first years? I'm applying to a post bacc that begins in Fall 2020, and ends Summer 2021. They're still (!) finalizing the calendar for next year, but I want to know the first day of LECOM's D.O. program so that I can pick a D.O. program accordingly. Thank you!

Hi all! What is the first day of class typically for first years? I'm applying to a post bacc that begins in Fall 2020, and ends Summer 2021. They're still (!) finalizing the calendar for next year, but I want to know the first day of LECOM's D.O. program so that I can pick a D.O. program accordingly. Thank you!
Our first day of classes is July 27.. usually there is an orientation which was supposed to be July 24 but they made it seem like we aren’t having that and will just begin everything July 27

Does anyone know if there has been any alternate list movement yet? keeping my fingers crossed over here!

Everything seems to be very quiet lately...kind of making me nervousss.

Talked to Debbie today. They reviewed 10 waitlisted applicants on Friday and I am not sure what that means exactly, like if all 10 were admitted or they picked some they wanted to admit. But at the very least there is still movement!

Is it true that there was no secondary essay questions for the secondary application for the 2019-2020 cycle? Do you believe that there will be secondary essay questions for the 2020-2021 cycle? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

Is it true that there was no secondary essay questions for the secondary application for the 2019-2020 cycle? Do you believe that there will be secondary essay questions for the 2020-2021 cycle? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!
That is true ... I wouldn’t see why they would change it but you never know

Anyone gotten off the waitlist lately? I feel like LECOM is known for their waitlist moving pretty quickly and this year it seems like that's not the case.

Withdrawing my seat this weekend- hopefully it goes to one of you!!

I wish there was ANY movement :(

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed two months ago and total silence.

Anyone get any updates? I called and they transferred me to the medical admissions but ended up having to leave a voicemail Friday :/

Haven't heard anything. Last time I called they said they were reviewing waitlisted applicants. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Does anyone else have a missing status right now? It went from under review to nothing.

Who have you guys been calling and speaking to regarding waitlist movement? I've sent several emails but haven't received a reply

I don't think a single soul has gotten off the WL/alterante

Well today is a sad day. Just got the email. They have closed their cycle so if you didn't get in already, you aren't going to. This hurt.

Well today is a sad day. Just got the email. They have closed their cycle so if you didn't get in already, you aren't going to. This hurt.
Hey, was this a mass email? I didn’t get an email for anything.

I just emailed Ron Shively today about my waitlist status and this is what he responded "We appreciate you remaining in touch. Its getting close to start, so I rather doubt we will get openings, but you never know. If you don’t get called, we certainly hope you reapply. All the best."

So I assume he would tell me if the cycle is closed. But seems like things won't be moving much. :/

Hey sorry I stopped checking this after the email. I assumed it was? But I just got a text update that they are going to contact me soon with a decision? Did anybody else recieve this?

Hey sorry I stopped checking this after the email. I assumed it was? But I just got a text update that they are going to contact me soon with a decision? Did anybody else recieve this?
I haven't got any text or email.

I haven’t received anything either. Last time I emailed Ron Shively for an alternate list movement update he said “no changes still”

Ya I think it was just a glitch. I called and he had no idea what I was talking about

Hey random question: over on the 2020-2021 thread, we're trying to figure out if having the materials checklist for sure means an II is coming. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Did anyone who attended an information session in February hear from the school? They said we would get a letter in the mail, I have received nothing and I emailed three weeks ago with no response

Can any current students confirm this for me - LECOM makes you purchase physical textbooks (I cannot use PDFs on iPad)? If so, why? Are used/older editions usually acccessible or do you actually end up spending $2k/semester on books? Thanks!