2023-2024 Nova Southeastern (MD)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, very interesting that they are still sending out interview invites this late in the cycle. Especially if they are trying to pare down the waitlist with that survey.

Hopefully they will send a new link in the morning that works properly. I emailed them indicating my interest, but I won't feel safe until I've actually done the survey.

I’m in the same boat as you now
 
Honestly, very interesting that they are still sending out interview invites this late in the cycle. Especially if they are trying to pare down the waitlist with that survey.

Hopefully they will send a new link in the morning that works properly. I emailed them indicating my interest, but I won't feel safe until I've actually done the survey.
Yeah I was surprised too, I had already marked this school as a rejection tbh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone not get that email asking for continued interest? I am PTE somewhere else but I was hoping for an in-state option. Does anyone know if med schools can see what acceptances you've gotten at this point?
 
Did anyone not get that email asking for continued interest? I am PTE somewhere else but I was hoping for an in-state option. Does anyone know if med schools can see what acceptances you've gotten at this point?
I believe all WL candidates received the form, not 100% sure though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone not get that email asking for continued interest? I am PTE somewhere else but I was hoping for an in-state option. Does anyone know if med schools can see what acceptances you've gotten at this point?
My understanding is that after April 30th schools can see how many acceptances and WLs you have, but they can not see to which schools.
At the end of the cycle they are able to see all that specific information, but not now.

I beleive it is ok to have PTE somewhere and come off of a WL and have another acceptance. Schools understand that some applicants may be holding more than one acceptance while they wait for financial aid packages and consider/compare their options.
 
My understanding is that after April 30th schools can see how many acceptances and WLs you have, but they can not see to which schools.
At the end of the cycle they are able to see all that specific information, but not now.

I beleive it is ok to have PTE somewhere and come off of a WL and have another acceptance. Schools understand that some applicants may be holding more than one acceptance while they wait for financial aid packages and consider/compare their options.
I thought this too but for some reason NSU marked me as “no long in consideration” ? They marked me on May 1st.. not sure why. I did mark a school as PTE. Is there anyone else who put PTE but still received the interested email? Or maybe someone else who put PTE and also is marked as no longer under consideration? Maybe they also just straight up rejected me after being on the WL? Idk😭😭😭😭
 
I thought this too but for some reason NSU marked me as “no long in consideration” ? They marked me on May 1st.. not sure why. I did mark a school as PTE. Is there anyone else who put PTE but still received the interested email? Or maybe someone else who put PTE and also is marked as no longer under consideration? Maybe they also just straight up rejected me after being on the WL? Idk😭😭😭😭
how do you see you aren’t considered? just curious
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! As someone without a car, is it doable to attend this school during my pre-clinical years without a car? What are my best options?

Hello! It is difficult to do much in Miami without a car. A lot of things are very far apart with poor public transport . If you live on or near NSU you can probably get away with it but it may not be easy
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad