You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Nova Southeastern (MD)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1214788
I haven't heard back from admissions yet. Hopefully soon.Has anyone else heard back from admissions since the waitlist interest email was sent?
OMG just got the email asking about my continued interest!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes! They sent another one today! Good vibes for all!OMG just got the email asking about my continued interest!!!
Now if we’ve already submitted the continued interest form the first time, should we do it again lol? 😂😅😭Yes! They sent another one today! Good vibes for all!
mochaspanda123
New Member
I got the email for the first time as well!
D
deleted1214788
Same!OMG just got the email asking about my continued interest!!!
D
deleted1214788
The email said if you haven't yet submitted the waitlist form or if you still want to update your status, then you can probably do it again.Now if we’ve already submitted the continued interest form the first time, should we do it again lol? 😂😅😭
I did it again lmao we shouldn’t stop sharing our continued interest lolNow if we’ve already submitted the continued interest form the first time, should we do it again lol? 😂😅😭
I got mine at 11:23amWhat time was the email sent, if you all could update?
medpuppu21
New Member
I wonder why some of us got the first email and why they sent out another one to the same people plus people that hadn’t gotten the first email
mochaspanda123
New Member
Mine was 11:23 am as wellI got mine at 11:23am
mochaspanda123
New Member
You got the same email again today?I wonder why some of us got the first email and why they sent out another one to the same people plus people that hadn’t gotten the first email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medpuppu21
New Member
I got an email on the 28th and then another one today asking to fill out a form againYou got the same email again today?
D
deleted1214788
Mine's was 11:23 AM too, and like medpuppu21 said, they sent an email for the waitlist form on the 28th and now they sent one again today. What's curious is that some people, like you, got the waitlist form for the first time today and not on the 28th. I'm guessing they're considering more people to take off the waitlist? I wonder if there's people who haven't gotten the form at all.You got the same email again today?
That's how I’m tentatively taking this lol. At the very least, it seems like they’re definitely expecting to take people off the waitlist, at this point, if they sent out another email.Mine's was 11:23 AM too, and like medpuppu21 said, they sent an email for the waitlist form on the 28th and now they sent one again today. What's curious is that some people, like you, got the waitlist form for the first time today and not on the 28th. I'm guessing they're considering more people to take off the waitlist? I wonder if there's people who haven't gotten the form at all.
Dr.N55
Full Member
Yepp I know a few WL people who havnt got any response as of yet! Praying for the best!Mine's was 11:23 AM too, and like medpuppu21 said, they sent an email for the waitlist form on the 28th and now they sent one again today. What's curious is that some people, like you, got the waitlist form for the first time today and not on the 28th. I'm guessing they're considering more people to take off the waitlist? I wonder if there's people who haven't gotten the form at all.
medpuppu21
New Member
Hopefully it’s a sign that they have a good number of spots that they’re looking to fill!Mine's was 11:23 AM too, and like medpuppu21 said, they sent an email for the waitlist form on the 28th and now they sent one again today. What's curious is that some people, like you, got the waitlist form for the first time today and not on the 28th. I'm guessing they're considering more people to take off the waitlist? I wonder if there's people who haven't gotten the form at all.
D
deleted1214788
That's what I'm thinking too.That's how I’m tentatively taking this lol. At the very least, it seems like they’re definitely expecting to take people off the waitlist, at this point, if they sent out another email.
D
deleted1214788
Here's hoping!Hopefully it’s a sign that they have a good number of spots that they’re looking to fill!
JustneedoneA
Full Member
I really wish I knew how many spots they have left but I have to assume they believe there will be at least a decent amount of them given that they’re sending out a second interest email
Got the second email yesterday as well. 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽
serenewisteria
Full Member
got the second email yesterday! do we know what this means?
got the second email yesterday! do we know what this means?
They are likely trying to get an idea of how many people actually would enroll if taken off the waitlist. Their CTE deadline was yesterday so Monday we should hopefully see waitlist movement start!
have they sent it to everyone?
No they sent them out in two waves, I got it the second time around. My guess is they are sending them to applicants they actually are interested in offering a seat to.
JustneedoneA
Full Member
What email did you get??I get a mini heart attack every time I get an email LOL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1214788
I think medpuppu means he gets a heart attack because it could be an email from Nova lolWhat email did you get??
JustneedoneA
Full Member
Hahah I guess the past 12 months have given me a solid amount of anxiety and a severe case of overanalyzing everythingYes i was just about to say this sorry for the confusion haha
Last edited:
D
deleted1214788
Same lolHahah I guess the past 12 months has given me a solid amount of anxiety and a severe case of overanalyzing everything
hopefuldoc1221
Full Member
Does anyone have an idea how full the class is? Like is there a fb or groupme?
D
deleted1214788
I'm not sure, but I think the total number of seats is 65. Someone can correct me, tho.Does anyone have an idea how full the class is? Like is there a fb or groupme?
Hi all, current M1 (who is studying for finals and needs a break lol) here. Just wanted to say, please don't give up hope yet, it isn't over until it's over! Some of my classmates didn't get accepted until pretty late last year, so there is still a chance you'll get that A!
As always, if there are any questions lmk!
As always, if there are any questions lmk!
D
deleted1214788
Hi IndilEruvanda! Good luck with finals! I have two questions for you:Hi all, current M1 (who is studying for finals and needs a break lol) here. Just wanted to say, please don't give up hope yet, it isn't over until it's over! Some of my classmates didn't get accepted until pretty late last year, so there is still a chance you'll get that A!
As always, if there are any questions lmk!
1. When you say pretty late last year, do you mean around mid-late June or somewhere in July?
2. How do you like NSU?
I just hope they accept me before my DO class starts in a few weeks. Thanks for the mental support!Hi all, current M1 (who is studying for finals and needs a break lol) here. Just wanted to say, please don't give up hope yet, it isn't over until it's over! Some of my classmates didn't get accepted until pretty late last year, so there is still a chance you'll get that A!
As always, if there are any questions lmk!
I feel that 😭😭I just hope they accept me before my DO class starts in a few weeks. Thanks for the mental support!
JustneedoneA
Full Member
The Facebook group has 20 people and the GroupMe has a little under 40. Not taking it to mean much though since people may just not have joined them. I have to assume that there are at least 65 (the amount they said that they are looking to take) people who are currently holding acceptances because it wouldn’t make a ton of sense for them to withhold A’s if they had less than 65 potential students. I think the question is how many people have committed vs. how many are still up in the air. I’m hoping since the commit day for NSU was the 13th that there will be at least some movement this week.Does anyone have an idea how full the class is? Like is there a fb or groupme?
Well the good thing is since CTE was June thirteenth so there is no longer anyone up in the air. They had to give a yes or no already. Now it’s a matter of how many open seats are left, either way I really hope for everyone’s sake that movement will happen by the end of this week since their classes start in a month.
D
deleted1214788
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the MD school known for waitlist movement? I know that the DO school does a lot of waitlist movement, but I don't know if MD is the same.Pray that the ones on the WL continue to move
100 offers are extended to the waitlist on average and the waitlist is typically 250-300 students every year. Seems significantly more likely to come off the list than other schools… not to deliver any false hope. Just giving the stats.Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the MD school known for waitlist movement? I know that the DO school does a lot of waitlist movement, but I don't know if MD is the same.
JustneedoneA
Full Member
My thinking with the 100 is I’m not sure how many have already come off the WL because there were people getting off the WL since February and even some who got off a few days after being waitlisted. Honestly at this point I’d assume they’d only take people off if they’re pretty positive they’ll commit. So if there’s only let’s say 5 spots then there may only legitimately be 5 people taken off since they’d most likely all accept (but that’s just an example). Every day that goes by starting yesterday I get a lil more worried that there isn’t many spots because by this point I have to assume they already have us ranked and now since the 13th passed they have the info of how many spots they have left. Also I’ve kind of sort of realized even when I think I know something, I’m wrong 99% of the time lmao.100 offers are extended to the waitlist on average and the waitlist is typically 250-300 students every year. Seems significantly more likely to come off the list than other schools… not to deliver any false hope. Just giving the stats.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JustneedoneA
Full Member
Also, it’s kind of sad that I can’t fully be happy and excited about my DO school as long this is up in the air. Like NSU is legit my dream school from day one and idk I wish there was a rule that decisions had to be given at least a month before the start of classes or something. I’m just happy that I’ll never have to deal with the medical school application cycle again soon enough.
medpuppu21
New Member
Yes this makes sense, but also I'm curious as to why they would send out two waves of continued interest emails if they did not have many spots available or spots they foresee being available, because a decent amount of us got at least one of the emails if not both of them and that doesn't include people that don't post on SDNMy thinking with the 100 is I’m not sure how many have already come off the WL because there were people getting off the WL since February and even some who got off a few days after being waitlisted. Honestly at this point I’d assume they’d only take people off if they’re pretty positive they’ll commit. So if there’s only let’s say 5 spots then there may only legitimately be 5 people taken off since they’d most likely all accept (but that’s just an example). Every day that goes by starting yesterday I get a lil more worried that there isn’t many spots because by this point I have to assume they already have us ranked and now since the 13th passed they have the info of how many spots they have left. Also I’ve kind of sort of realized even when I think I know something, I’m wrong 99% of the time lmao.
JustneedoneA
Full Member
Totally agree 100%. I’m more so just playing devils advocate and want to hear everyone’s perspective even though I truly believe the emails imply there are somewhat a good amount of spots left. But again who knows ya knowYes this makes sense, but also I'm curious as to why they would send out two waves of continued interest emails if they did not have many spots available or spots they foresee being available, because a decent amount of us got at least one of the emails if not both of them and that doesn't include people that don't post on SDN
Nah I completely understand and I thought about that too. Just based off what I’ve seen from the forums and heard about the GroupMe/facebook, plus their emails regarding waitlist, definitely need to take the AAMC number with a scoop of salt, but I think there will still be some movement at this point. This is my copium at this point lol.My thinking with the 100 is I’m not sure how many have already come off the WL because there were people getting off the WL since February and even some who got off a few days after being waitlisted. Honestly at this point I’d assume they’d only take people off if they’re pretty positive they’ll commit. So if there’s only let’s say 5 spots then there may only legitimately be 5 people taken off since they’d most likely all accept (but that’s just an example). Every day that goes by starting yesterday I get a lil more worried that there isn’t many spots because by this point I have to assume they already have us ranked and now since the 13th passed they have the info of how many spots they have left. Also I’ve kind of sort of realized even when I think I know something, I’m wrong 99% of the time lmao.
D
deleted1214788
My guess is that they may have a good idea of the people waitlisted since mid May that they want to accept, not accounting for everyone else before May. How many of these people, specifically, I have no idea.My thinking with the 100 is I’m not sure how many have already come off the WL because there were people getting off the WL since February and even some who got off a few days after being waitlisted. Honestly at this point I’d assume they’d only take people off if they’re pretty positive they’ll commit. So if there’s only let’s say 5 spots then there may only legitimately be 5 people taken off since they’d most likely all accept (but that’s just an example). Every day that goes by starting yesterday I get a lil more worried that there isn’t many spots because by this point I have to assume they already have us ranked and now since the 13th passed they have the info of how many spots they have left. Also I’ve kind of sort of realized even when I think I know something, I’m wrong 99% of the time lmao.