2019-2020 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sometimes it's fun to read into things!

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else having issues accessing saved drafts of the financial aid application?

Members don't see this ad :)
did we need to create an account on the incoming students 2020-2021 ysm financial aid application page and fill stuff out there, or just fafsa and css profile?

did we need to create an account on the incoming students 2020-2021 ysm financial aid application page and fill stuff out there, or just fafsa and css profile?
Search my comments on this thread. It’s my opinion that it was required for the February deadline. So I did it. But it’s also possible that only the fafsa and css are needed at this point in the game

Are we expecting decisions in a week since they came out feb 28 last year

Reactions: 1 user
Search my comments on this thread. It’s my opinion that it was required for the February deadline. So I did it. But it’s also possible that only the fafsa and css are needed at this point in the game

great thanks! I’ll make a new account and fill it out.

Any current students have any insight on roughly when the decision release is? Anyone think we'll hear back this week?

Yeah but last year it was in Feb even tho they said March?

I think they only said the decisions would be released by March 15th so it can technically be any day before that. However last year i think a current student posted on the thread saying that they were given dates to call the accepted students so everyone knew decisions were being released before the date that they were supposed to call the students. Hopefully something like that happens again this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! Extremely surprised because one of my interviews ended in like 10 minutes and I thought I had done horrible!! Woo

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
WL! am slightly surprised, I thought the interview went really well :O

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
R. Lovely

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 12 users
R!!! I can’t believe it!

(Pre-ii, forgot I even applied here)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
R. Kinda silly to make me log into the portal when they never even gave me an interview

Edit: easily the worst rejection letter I’ve gotten so far. Extremely short and impersonal

Reactions: 6 users
WL :( really disappointed, loved Yale and my interview day

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R. Knew it was coming. Bye bye New Haven!

• Love
Also WL and really enjoyed my time here. :( can someone please clarify the email? They don’t re-evaluate the waitlist until May 1st? But those of us with As at other schools have to commit to our other schools by April 30th, at which point we can no longer remain on the waitlist here?
Am I interpreting this accurately?

OMG rejected post-ii!!!!!! :sorry: Et tu, Yale?????

• Sad
  • Dislike
Also WL and really enjoyed my time here. :( can someone please clarify the email? They don’t re-evaluate the waitlist until May 1st? But those of us with As at other schools have to commit to our other schools by April 30th, at which point we can no longer remain on the waitlist here?
Am I interpreting this accurately?
nah you can remain on waitlists, the April 30th deadline is for acceptances.

nah you can remain on waitlists, the April 30th deadline is for acceptances.

“Finally, you are required to immediately relinquish your position on the Yale School of Medicine waitlist and withdraw your application from further consideration if you “commit to enroll” to another school. “
Dont we have to commit to enroll at our other schools by end of April?

“Finally, you are required to immediately relinquish your position on the Yale School of Medicine waitlist and withdraw your application from further consideration if you “commit to enroll” to another school. “

You have to "plan to enroll" by the end of April. You have to withdraw all other acceptances except your PTE school, but you may remain on WL. CTE dates are usually later (although some are earlier) and vary by school.

You have to plan to enroll at one school and withdraw all other *acceptances* by the end of April but you can stay on waitlists until your school’s commit to enroll deadline (most are in July, but check).

I see, thank you all so much for clarifying, I’m very thankful!!

MS1 here, we are so excited to see you all at second look! If you can make it I highly highly recommend it! And if your on the WL, have faith! There is a lot of movement in May under the AAMC rules that were instituted last cycle!

• Love
MS1 here, we are so excited to see you all at second look! If you can make it I highly highly recommend it! And if your on the WL, have faith! There is a lot of movement in May under the AAMC rules that were instituted last cycle!
Thank you for the kind words. Do you happen to know how many people yale initially accepts? Like it is around the class size, or do they over-accept in anticipation of declines?

MSTP WL, but leaning towards withdrawing I think. Anyone debating Yale vs NYU or Columbia?

If we got waitlisted, do we still have to complete the financial aid application by tomorrow?