2022-2023 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone completed the financial aid application? Some forms ask for Yale ID but I am wondering if we input our AMCAS ID instead. Just making sure I am not missing a Yale-only ID number somewhere
Was in the same boat and I just used my AAMC ID bc I couldn’t find information on prospective students getting a Yale only ID number. Should be fine. Probably.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone completed the financial aid application? Some forms ask for Yale ID but I am wondering if we input our AMCAS ID instead. Just making sure I am not missing a Yale-only ID number somewhere
Not an official source but AAMC ID should be fine. The same forms are sometimes used for current YSM students which is why it specifies Yale ID.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it is worth doing the financial aid application before we receive decisions? Just received the email this week.

Does anyone know if it is worth doing the financial aid application before we receive decisions? Just received the email this week.
I did mine since based on past years decisions came out on the day of the deadline or later. Figured I could eat the fee from CSS if things don’t work out.

I emailed and asked. She said it's ok to leave it blank and if we're accepted they will fill it in for us.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I am also stuck on the "waiting for the host to start" window

While we're waiting, does anyone else get mildly triggered when adcoms or current students say "we really hope you pick us!" - like u gotta pick me first man 😭

Reactions: 3 users
Were you guys ultimately able to get in? I eventually gave up figuring it was cancelled

Yes it's happening right now! It was delayed by ~15 min

Yes it's happening right now! It was delayed by ~15 min

Dang it I can’t log on now due to a family obligation Could you or someone else present dm me the highlights by chance? (when you’re done of course!)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nvm, did it myself for those curious:

-2017: Tues, 3/7 (~7:00 pm EST)
-2018: Mon, 3/5 (~2:15 pm EST)
-2019: Thurs, 2/28 (~4:30 pm EST)
-2020: Thurs, 2/27 (~4:10 pm EST)
-2021: Wed, 2/24 (~3:10 pm EST)
For anyone else as neurotic as I am, here’s a post from last year’s thread about decisions release dates.

And for 2022: Thurs, 2/24 (~3:14pm EST)

Happy stressing! 🫠

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
You guys are doing God's work! So darn, never earlier than 2/24, and never on a Friday. Sigh...waiting (patiently?) and hoping for good news for us all! Gotta find a good distraction for the next 2 weeks...

seems like in the past two years decisions come out the day before the financial aid application is due. maybe that will hold true this year?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone confirm if the financial aid application deadline is in February or if that's just the deadline to receive an offer by accepted students day like someone previously said.

Can anyone confirm if the financial aid application deadline is in February or if that's just the deadline to receive an offer by accepted students day like someone previously said.
Based on previous years, a complete financial aid application by the deadline in February is to have your package ready by Second Look. You may have received a financial aid document via email prior to your interview with details.

literally me all day today...and tomorrow... my bets are on Thursday
Same it’s so bad 😭😭😭. The nerves/mix of just wanting know my decision lmao. I can def see Thursday especially as decisions have been becoming earlier here for the past few years.

Yale please… I’m dying over here 💀

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder how many people they directly admit (not including waitlist)?

It could still come, but if they follow the trend of “day before financial aid deadline” then it should be tomorrow

I think it has been for the past three years (based on discussion from last year’s thread)

So…see y’all here same time tomorrow? 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
On a side note good luck to everyone and hope decisions go y’all’s way!!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Refreshing my email every minute. The suspense is crazy.
Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Reactions: 6 users
The suspense of waiting for these decisions has taken an incredible toll on my focus/productivity

Reactions: 8 users