You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Yale
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete? 🙂MD II as well!
I did that and was able to pick another date. Thanks for the suggestion 🙂I would call/email admissions and ask if there will be additional dates posted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MDAesthetic
Full Member
Complete 10/06Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete? 🙂
It says they're sending invites through Feb, but the invites could be for like MarchIt says on Yales website that they send interview invites throughout February? Because now they are scheduling into mid january, could we assume that the chances of getting an interview is low at this point of time? I am assuming there are people who are going to cancel their interview invites but right now does it seem like very low chance at this point? I am applying MSTP complete 9/30 so idk 🙁.
ImmunoFanatic
Full Member
I'm not sure if this is any help, but for fellow MSTP applicants check out the national MD/PhD interview calendar (it is not by any means complete, but gives an idea of what kind of dates are left).It says they're sending invites through Feb, but the invites could be for like March
MD-PhD Interviews and Revisit Days
Seems like they have 3 more MSTP interview dates (of which I'm guessing they are still sending invites for the latter 2).
Muffin Crust
Full Member
Yepp!Did they automatically reroute you to just MD only?
dustnstars
Full Member
Wow only 3 more slots for MD/PhD?? I poured my heart and soul into that app and still haven't heard back (complete 9/20) 🙁
Will just accept the soft R at this point. I'm ORM and with a 3.75 gpa 516 mcat I knew I would be on the edge :\
Will just accept the soft R at this point. I'm ORM and with a 3.75 gpa 516 mcat I knew I would be on the edge :\
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
I have lower stats than you do and I have a MSTP interview. Don't give up hope. Its nonrolling admissions and they don't accept people until March. You're still in it if you haven't gotten an Pre-II R.Wow only 3 more slots for MD/PhD?? I poured my heart and soul into that app and still haven't heard back (complete 9/20) 🙁
Will just accept the soft R at this point. I'm ORM and with a 3.75 gpa 516 mcat I knew I would be on the edge :\
stressed_out_yikes
Full Member
Can I ask when you were completed and when you got the II? I’m also applying MSTP and haven’t heard anything 😬I have lower stats than you do and I have a MSTP interview. Don't give up hope. Its nonrolling admissions and they don't accept people until March. You're still in it if you haven't gotten an Pre-II R.
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
Complete: 8/3Can I ask when you were completed and when you got the II? I’m also applying MSTP and haven’t heard anything 😬
II: 10/6
I'm interviewing in December (bc of other interview conflicts)
LM 69
stressed_out_yikes
Full Member
Awesome-thanks! Also congrats and best of luck 🙂Complete: 8/3
II: 10/6
I'm interviewing in December (bc of other interview conflicts)
LM 69
dustnstars
Full Member
congrats! it may also be the fact that I applied to do a public health phd and I think they don't accept many people for that track I thinkComplete: 8/3
II: 10/6
I'm interviewing in December (bc of other interview conflicts)
LM 69
nycccpremed
Full Member
Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
Nope :/Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not a peep since I submitted my app in July. Thought I had a shot since I've gotten IIs from other similarly ranked schools and I had some connections to the school. It's never too late though.Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
nycccpremed
Full Member
yeah same! I think there may be delays this year for a lot of schools. It's definitely not too late yetNot a peep since I submitted my app in July. Thought I had a shot since I've gotten IIs from other similarly ranked schools and I had some connections to the school. It's never too late though.
International with no green card. Complete on Sept. 16th. Got II on Oct 15th.Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
ORM, non-Canadian, LM 79, no tie to the school. MD applicant
I did not get many II this cycle (3 so far) and was pretty surprised that Yale gave me one.
There is still hope as I think Yale do accept relatively many international students considering their class size.
Now only patiently (not at all) waiting for the result...
During my interview day a few weeks ago there were at least a few international interviewees!Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
For interview thank you notes, are we supposed to upload them to the portal or are we supposed to directly email the interviewers? Thanks!
D
deleted1065184
I think every interview had 1 adcom. I wrote thank-you notes to all 3 of my interviewers, and the 2 faculty ones responded.Are we supposed to write thank you notes if the interviews had an adcom?
My situation is entirely the opposite. Only the student interviewer replied. Both of my faculty interviewers did not reply at all. Now I am thinking if I should get neurotic right now and read it as a negative sign...😵I think every interview had 1 adcom. I wrote thank-you notes to all 3 of my interviewers, and the 2 faculty ones responded.
D
deleted1065184
Wait you had a student interviewer? lol. I only had an adcom and two faculty members. But you definitely shouldn't be worried. Some other schools where I've gotten in, I had interviewers who did not respond to my thank-you notes. I just mentioned they responded to point out that it is okay to do lolMy situation is entirely the opposite. Only the student interviewer replied. Both of my faculty interviewers did not reply at all. Now I am thinking if I should get neurotic right now and read it as a negative sign...😵
I do not think so! I have also had a few interviews where there was no response; the interviewers transmit their notes almost immediately after interviews, so the thank you letter shouldn't do anything (but I also get neutoric dw)My situation is entirely the opposite. Only the student interviewer replied. Both of my faculty interviewers did not reply at all. Now I am thinking if I should get neurotic right now and read it as a negative sign...😵
D
deleted1065184
Yeah, I'm the same way...but it depends on the school. Some do it directly afterwards but some might not do it until days later from what I've heard. Also, if your interviewer is on the admissions committee then I feel like it could help give them a good impression of you and they may go to bat for you a bit harder during the committee meeting to decide who gets an A/R/WL. Either way, them not responding doesn't mean anything. They're super busy people.I do not think so! I have also had a few interviews where there was no response; the interviewers transmit their notes almost immediately after interviews, so the thank you letter shouldn't do anything (but I also get neutoric dw)
I'm also wondering because this thread has been extremely quiet.Does anyone know till when they would be sending interview invites?
dustnstars
Full Member
Got the R for the MD/PhD program today. Hopefully will be considered for regular admissions but highly doubtful
stressed_out_yikes
Full Member
I’m sorry to hear that :/ can I ask when your complete date was?Got the R for the MD/PhD program today. Hopefully will be considered for regular admissions but highly doubtful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
sorry to hear tht🙁 is this post ii?Got the R for the MD/PhD program today. Hopefully will be considered for regular admissions but highly doubtful
Sooooooooo...what's going on here 😛?
Yale breaking our hearts is what's going on
MDAesthetic
Full Member
Does anyone know when decision day is? Is it in Feb or March? Did they give an exact date?
dustnstars
Full Member
Nope this was pre-II R, haven't heard back from the regular MD program yet but doesn't Yale reject everyone at the end of the cycle?sorry to hear tht🙁 is this post ii?
@stressed_out_yikes I was complete August! So a while ago at this point. I'm guessing my app for the regular program was added late in December though after my md/phd R.
smokedsalmon
Full Member
are they done with IIs? Did anyone who interviewed get communication from them about when they interview to?Yale breaking our hearts is what's going on
extraextraextra
Full Member
II today complete 7/21 515 3.89 URM. Do not lose hope they are still interviewing through February and they are not rolling.
smokedsalmon
Full Member
thank you for providing hopeII today complete 7/21 515 3.89 URM. Do not lose hope they are still interviewing through February and they are not rolling.
depaysement
Full Member
Congrats!! Did you send an update if you don’t mind me asking?II today complete 7/21 515 3.89 URM. Do not lose hope they are still interviewing through February and they are not rolling.
nycccpremed
Full Member
II today complete 7/21 515 3.89 URM. Do not lose hope they are still interviewing through February and they are not rolling.
Congrats!! When were they scheduling for?
justagirl213
Full Member
Any late secondaries here (Nov-December)?
+1 - complete 11/13Any late secondaries here (Nov-December)?
TheMightyMattress
Full Member
+1 - complete 12/14Any late secondaries here (Nov-December)?
Did anyone interviewing submit any financial aid information yet? What is the timeline on that (if you know...just thought of this now as I currently ignore classwork).
I remember they strongly recommended submitting in January, but the Yale fin aid form hasn't been made available for this cycle yet. Website said the deadline for new students is Feb 28, but I would submit FAFSA & CSS for Yale now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
extraextraextra
Full Member
Late Jan was the only options I hadCongrats!! When were they scheduling for?
nycccpremed
Full Member
Hi everyone!! So on their website it says that invites are sent till February. So maybe there’s still hope [emoji2371]
I remember they strongly recommended submitting in January, but the Yale fin aid form hasn't been made available for this cycle yet. Website said the deadline for new students is Feb 28, but I would submit FAFSA & CSS for Yale now.
FYI to anyone applying for fin aid, I just submitted CSS, and it says the priority filing date for Yale Med is 2/26/2021.
I believe they said early MarchDoes anyone know when decision day is? Is it in Feb or March? Did they give an exact date?
justagirl213
Full Member
do you think they're still giving out IIs?