2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is a dumb question but, Is the VCOM Interview virtual?

When I confirmed my interview date, it gave me information on travel and lodging in South Carolina.
Yeah it’s virtual

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else who interviewed still waiting to hear back ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what email to send additional LOR's to? I emailed the admissions office and she told me to search VCOM in interfolio and no email comes up. Other than that she said to send it by snail mail. I would rather get it electronically delivered

Got a call from the admissions office today which I missed. I checked my portal for updates and luckily enough there was an II waiting for me.

II for Carolinas campus (although I think I put Virginia first)
Complete: 8/1/20
Might be a dumb question, but where did you find your II in your portal? Mine just shows that my application is complete; was it under the "status" link?

Haven't even been invited to submit a secondary application yet? Should I contact the school or do I assume silent rejection?

Might be a dumb question, but where did you find your II in your portal? Mine just shows that my application is complete; was it under the "status" link?
It's not a dumb question :) When I logged in to my portal there was a new tab that said Interview.

Just canceled my II for Jan 13th. Someone can call or email to try to get an earlier spot.

• Care
Haven't even been invited to submit a secondary application yet? Should I contact the school or do I assume silent rejection?
In the same boat as you, not really sure how this school works but I haven't yet assumed it's a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say yes, I applied beginning of November.
You could always call to ask, but I think applying late can drastically reduce your chances since they have probably already had about 5-6K students applied ahead of you.

II received this afternoon and declined. Earliest available was 1/19. Good luck y’all!

I applied back in June and my application is completed for this school but I haven't heard anything back about an interview. Opinions on sending an email to admissions inquiring about if my application is still being completed? I really wanted to go to this school and don't want to give up on it but I feel it is getting a bit late in the cycle. Opinions encouraged!

I applied back in June and my application is completed for this school but I haven't heard anything back about an interview. Opinions on sending an email to admissions inquiring about if my application is still being completed? I really wanted to go to this school and don't want to give up on it but I feel it is getting a bit late in the cycle. Opinions encouraged!
I don’t see the harm in reaching out! Admissions has been super receptive to updates and questions from my experience this cycle, so I think you should go for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else patiently waiting for waitlist movement 🤞🏼

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted. Just got the call. Interviewed 1/19.

I received an interview a couple weeks ago, scheduled for tomorrow. OOS, no ties, MCAT 500 with 3.74 GPA
Anyone have any interview tips?

Also, if I received an interview for one campus, will I have the option to move to a different campus? Like are my chances of getting an interview at one affect my chances of getting one for another campus? Thanks in advance!

I received an interview a couple weeks ago, scheduled for tomorrow. OOS, no ties, MCAT 500 with 3.74 GPA
Anyone have any interview tips?

Also, if I received an interview for one campus, will I have the option to move to a different campus? Like are my chances of getting an interview at one affect my chances of getting one for another campus? Thanks in advance!
Interview was so casual. 3 individuals, one clinical, one academic and one admin. Review SDN questions. Message me if you have specifics.

accepted!! just got the call. I was waitlisted after my interview in early December so there is some movement :)

Reactions: 3 users
Also waitlisted today! Interviewed 01/11.

In the same boat as you, not really sure how this school works but I haven't yet assumed it's a rejection.

Applied in august and never got a secondary. Assuming its cause I'm OOS :/

Is there any hope if I send a secondary in this late?
I don't think anyone can seriously answer that question affirmatively, but the odds are against you unfortunately.

• Hmm
Applied in august and never got a secondary. Assuming its cause I'm OOS :/
I am OOS and emailed a couple months ago, the admissions committee told me that we are the last group of apps they go through. I just received an interview invite so I'd say don't fret they are still considering us!

I heard the DO letter requirement for admission was waived, but I haven't seen that anywhere. Does anyone know if you have to have one once you are admitted?

I am OOS and emailed a couple months ago, the admissions committee told me that we are the last group of apps they go through. I just received an interview invite so I'd say don't fret they are still considering us!
To clarify, are you saying that they go through OOS applications last?

Hello! I would like to learn more about the academics offered, particularly could somebody please share what a weekly schedule looks like for OMS-1? And How many days each week are students required to be on campus?
Not sure if this completely answers your question, but most of this can be found on the website: Block Calendars.

Thank you for sending this over. How can I tell which classes are mandatory to attend?
I think they changed the requirement this past year (attendance used to be required). So, I am unsure about how it will be implemented in a post-'panorama' world.

I heard the DO letter requirement for admission was waived, but I haven't seen that anywhere. Does anyone know if you have to have one once you are admitted?
Spoke with admissions, it is waived this year. Either an MD or DO letter will be accepted and meet that requirement.

I did my interview on 02/03. They told all of us that we will hear back from them in 2-3 weeks, but it will be waitlist offers most likely because they have full class already. Is it true that they filled the class, if so why still scheduling interviews this late ?

I did my interview on 02/03. They told all of us that we will hear back from them in 2-3 weeks, but it will be waitlist offers most likely because they have full class already. Is it true that they filled the class, if so why still scheduling interviews this late ?
Based on the Facebook group it does seem that the class is full right now

Last night at the parents VCOM event my parents said VCOM-Carolinas dean said they just signed a deal with the Cleveland Clinic for Third and Fourth year rotations as a new core rotation site...can anyone else confirm this!?!?!