2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary the first of August with the missing letter of rec marked received 8/25, but still no complete email yet. Is it too soon to call or email? I'm IS with a competitive GPA and 503 so I'm really hoping to snag an interview here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the “tips to interviewing” email but no II smh

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary the first of August with the missing letter of rec marked received 8/25, but still no complete email yet. Is it too soon to call or email? I'm IS with a competitive GPA and 503 so I'm really hoping to snag an interview here
I submitted my secondary early July and still dont have a complete email, and when I emailed, they said I was in the final reviews for a complete email....so who knows

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary early July and still dont have a complete email, and when I emailed, they said I was in the final reviews for a complete email....so who knows
Ended up getting the complete email this past Friday so hopefully you’ll hear something soon

I received a complete email July 1st and haven’t heard anything besides these zoom meetings. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

It took me over two months to receive mine lol you'll get it soon! I got my interview within a week of receiving my complete email so that's something to be aware of! Although I have mine with the Carolina campus.

I submitted secondary first week of July and everything is checked off on my portal, but I haven't gotten a complete email and when I emailed them to ask (twice) they said it was coming. Should I be nervous this is a silent R?

I submitted secondary first week of July and everything is checked off on my portal, but I haven't gotten a complete email and when I emailed them to ask (twice) they said it was coming. Should I be nervous this is a silent R?

I don’t think so. I submitted end of June and only got my complete email early September and then II about a week or two later. I think they’re still going through everything and it takes awhile to get the complete email

Noooo! I also submitted first two weeks of July and had everything checked and completed and didn't hear back until last week when I got the complete email. I know it's hard, but we have to learn to relax and patient lol! It's a looonngggg cycle remember.

accepted today! interviewed sept. 9th, LM 71, IS! very excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received my complete email yesterday! I submitted my secondary 8/2, but I was waiting for my MCAT score.

Just declined my interview here, I hope it goes to one of y'all! Best of luck!

• Care
I haven't received the complete email yet. I submitted my secondary on July 29th. Did everybody who submitted their secondary receive a follow up email indicating whether their application was complete or if their application needed any additional information?

I haven't received the complete email yet. I submitted my secondary on July 29th. Did everybody who submitted their secondary receive a follow up email indicating whether their application was complete or if their application needed any additional information?
I received a complete email a day after I submitted my secondary.

Just declined my interview here, I hope it goes to one of y'all! Best of luck!
Much respect for you declining if you know the school is not for you. My son is marked complete and we're hoping for an II and, ultimately, an A. He's currently completing his last semester at Virginia Tech so has been in Blacksburg for the last 4 years. Maybe he'll get your II slot. Again, thanks!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my secondary July 13th. I have not received a complete email so I emailed admissions asking when I could expect one. Admissions responded today saying that "my application is now considered complete and will be sent to the committee for review". I took this as good news but I have not received an official complete email and there are no changes in correspondence on my portal. Should I further confirm or just leave it be?

I submitted my secondary July 13th. I have not received a complete email so I emailed admissions asking when I could expect one. Admissions responded today saying that "my application is now considered complete and will be sent to the committee for review". I took this as good news but I have not received an official complete email and there are no changes in correspondence on my portal. Should I further confirm or just leave it be?
I would leave It be! They confirmed they have everything, the complete email is usually just a formality for record keeping sake.

Much respect for you declining if you know the school is not for you. My son is marked complete and we're hoping for an II and, ultimately, an A. He's currently completing his last semester at Virginia Tech so has been in Blacksburg for the last 4 years. Maybe he'll get your II slot. Again, thanks!

This is really sweet. My parents would be hard pressed to tell you what I studied in undergrad or my age so I find it very cool how supportive you are.

This is really sweet. My parents would be hard pressed to tell you what I studied in undergrad or my age so I find it very cool how supportive you are.
@tigermom666 Thanks for the reply. We've been very blessed with three great kids. As for support, it often comes from unexpected places. For that, you have mine, and I'm sure the rest of the SDN community, for all the work you've put it (and continue to) as you work toward to goal of becoming a physician. I had respect for doctors before my son started this journey. Seeing all the hard work and ULTIMATE marathon that is the process, I have even more for him, you, and all others who travel this path. Keep going! You're efforts will pay off!

Reactions: 5 users
I’m doing my secondary for here and wondering if it would be bad for the “what influenced your decision to apply to VCOM” question to specifically talk about the Virginia campus since it’s my first choice.

I’m doing my secondary for here and wondering if it would be bad for the “what influenced your decision to apply to VCOM” question to specifically talk about the Virginia campus since it’s my first choice.

I don't think so my brother wrote his about an experience with a Virginia Campus student and is interviewing on Monday so I don't think it hurt him.

Has anyone attended the physician shadowing sessions offered by VCOM?

Has anyone attended the physician shadowing sessions offered by VCOM?

Yes, although it was more of a panel-type Q&A with the physicians they bring in. For what it was though, they did a good job at answering questions that were asked on Zoom and it was moderated well. There was a ton of people and most had their cameras off FYI

Yes, although it was more of a panel-type Q&A with the physicians they bring in. For what it was though, they did a good job at answering questions that were asked on Zoom and it was moderated well. There was a ton of people and most had their cameras off FYI

so I signed up for it but haven’t received any info on how to actually attend. I signed up for the 8th, will I be receiving info soon or should I email them?

so I signed up for it but haven’t received any info on how to actually attend. I signed up for the 8th, will I be receiving info soon or should I email them?

The specific zoom info came like a day before the meeting for me. I think for other people it may have even shown up the morning of the zoom.

Are we supposed to include shadowing experience on the CV portion?

Does this school heavily screen for secondary/do they have a strict MCAT minimum?

Does this school heavily screen for secondary/do they have a strict MCAT minimum?

I believe they are pretty strict about the 3.2 GPA cutoffs, but they will recalculate the last 120 hours for those with post-bacc/graduate work. For MCAT, they say 500 is competitive and specifically mention interviews are unlikely for anything less than 494.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who was placed on "hold for additional review pre-secondary" heard anything? I'm talking from Like June/July?

Does anyone know when the last batch of interview invites went out? I feel like it has been awhile....

Does anyone know when the last batch of interview invites went out? I feel like it has been awhile....
@gokies1919 My son got his II earlier this week. It had been quite a while from when he submitted his secondary but it wasn't finalized until 9/26. Not sure why it took that long to finalize since all other docs were loaded including LORs and CASPer. We are IS (for Virginia campus). His stats are sGPA - 3.48 cGPA - 3.56 (final semester would boost both w/grad in December) MCAT - 512 (128, 127, 128, 129) MD Shadowing - 36 hrs but LOR DO Shadowing - 0 due to COVID.

@gokies1919 My son got his II earlier this week. It had been quite a while from when he submitted his secondary but it wasn't finalized until 9/26. Not sure why it took that long to finalize since all other docs were loaded including LORs and CASPer. We are IS (for Virginia campus). His stats are sGPA - 3.48 cGPA - 3.56 (final semester would boost both w/grad in December) MCAT - 512 (128, 127, 128, 129) MD Shadowing - 36 hrs but LOR DO Shadowing - 0 due to COVID.
Do you know what interview dates they offered to him? Just trying to get an idea of the timeline of things

Do you know what interview dates they offered to him? Just trying to get an idea of the timeline of things
He got the notice this Tuesday and is scheduled for October 20th (next Tuesday).

II received today! :) I'm IS and submitted my secondary 8/2, complete email 9/29!

Has anyone who was placed on "hold for additional review pre-secondary" heard anything? I'm talking from Like June/July?
Seriously been waiting for a secondary since July.

I just checked my email and saw that they emailed me on July 22nd saying that my application is scheduled to be reviewed by the committee, but may take a few months. I would think 3 months would be considered a 'few' months and since I haven't heard anything since, I'm also wondering if I should reach out or just consider this an R. Curious how you both are treating this!

I just checked my email and saw that they emailed me on July 22nd saying that my application is scheduled to be reviewed by the committee, but may take a few months. I would think 3 months would be considered a 'few' months and since I haven't heard anything since, I'm also wondering if I should reach out or just consider this an R. Curious how you both are treating this!
I was contemplatig calling. Seems a bit ridiculous, I'm pretty much complete at every other school and the three Edward via campuses are all I'm waiting for.

I was contemplatig calling. Seems a bit ridiculous, I'm pretty much complete at every other school and the three Edward via campuses are all I'm waiting for.

Yeah, I'm the same way. There is one other school I hadn't heard anything from so I emailed them, but this is the only other (2) schools that I'm waiting on. I just don't want to seem too pushy!

So i just started getting interview invites from DO schools and I still haven’t received my secondary from Edward yet. I got the email saying that they were reviewing my application before they send the secondary almost a month ago, and have not received a response from them. I guess I should call them and ask? Also they really should have told us that you don’t need to send primary to all the campuses, I really wasted all that money applying to all the other campuses ‍♂️

i have also not received a complete email but I had everything sent but late June. In the portal, it says application complete though. Is this the case for a lot of other people as well? Just a little concerned since its been pin-drop silence from this school on my end.

I this the ADCOM's at this school just have to be notoriously slow, every other DO school has finished their application process much quicker than this. I understand COVID affects everything, but still.

i have also not received a complete email but I had everything sent but late June. In the portal, it says application complete though. Is this the case for a lot of other people as well? Just a little concerned since its been pin-drop silence from this school on my end.
I am pretty bunch in the same boat. My app shows complete on the portal on 7/7, but no email verification of that. I e-mailed early September and they said it was in the final stages of review for completeness and still nada.

I submitted my primary over a month ago and still havent received a secondary yet lol. Wondering if i should i email

• Care
I'm in the same boat. To be honest, I applied broadly and I'm not really interested in VCOM but ever since the we are reviewing your application for a secondary email I got months ago, I received nothing from them. Eventually I'll call them soon, but the communication received by them makes me not really want to go there...