2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! Anyone from the waitlist hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Have not heard anything personally, and I have not seen much movement at other DO schools as well... don't know what is really going on

Waitlisted 4/7
Top 10 waitlist notification 5/10
Accepted 5/17

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if VCOM offers seats for the next cycle if you are still on the waitlist for this cycle?

Got accepted off the waitlist today but turned it down. Best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
So I just received an email offering admission for next year if I do not get off the waitlist this year... I don't know if anyone else has received something similar

I have sent extra rec letters, update letters, and a letter of intent since my waitlist email and radio silence

Withdrew my A :( really hard decision. This is a fantastic program and I hope it goes to one of you!! One of my top schools.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that reached the top ten of the WL, approx. how long did it take before you got the A?
I know people post dates but things slow down later on so I was curious to know.

Last edited:
For those that reached the top ten of the WL, approx. how long did it take before you got the A?
I know people post dates but things slow down later on so I was curious to know.
I heard back in a week

Accepted 06/01, Top Ten Notification 05/25
Accepted my position here, good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know what day would be the last day to possibly get a call for getting off the waitlist? Thanks!

I know during my interview they said if you ranked all the campuses when you applied you could be accepted off the waitlist for a campus you didn't interview at. Has this happened to anyone?

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist recently?
I got off the waitlist earlier today!! I received the top 10 notification on 6/4 and was convinced that waitlist movement had ended