2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 mine still says this as well. It said this last cycle until I received a rejection email in April/May.

Mine also says this, I'm guessing LECOM-B has different status updates than Erie then

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mine also says this, I'm guessing LECOM-B has different status update than Erie then
Yes they do. I also think LECOM B must be validating their secondaries individually, because my friend's status changed today from the previous ^^ to "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made". They received a secondary and filled it out a few days before I did.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally received my LECOM-B secondary this morning!!! :). I heard back from Erie last week and was slightly worried about Bradenton haha

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got the email this morning that my application is on hold until they receive my mcat.... :/

Really? I saw that people were getting IIs without MCAT for the Erie campus tho

this was for bradenton but yeah I'm a little surprised considering AACOM said that secondaries would be sent regardless of whether MCAT score was available yet.

this was for bradenton but yeah I'm a little surprised considering AACOM said that secondaries would be sent regardless of whether MCAT score was available yet.
You need to go on your portal, on the left side and submit your AIS to LECOM B. It's an online form for you to fill out your GPA and ACT/SAT. I had to do it twice, once for main LECOM and a second time for B. It takes you off "hold" so they will look at your application before your MCAT score comes in. This happened to me, and once I submitted my AIS, my portal status changed a few days later that my application was under review. LMK if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
You need to go on your portal, on the left side and submit your AIS to LECOM B. It's an online form for you to fill out your GPA and ACT/SAT. I had to do it twice, once for main LECOM and a second time for B. It takes you off "hold" so they will look at your application before your MCAT score comes in. This happened to me, and once I submitted my AIS, my portal status changed a few days later that my application was under review. LMK if you have any questions!

thank you ! just did this :)

No they, and along with all DO schools this cycle, are supposed to send secondaries and II without MCAT score. Most schools, however, will not accept you until the score is received. Check out this link!

That's what's *supposed* to happen, but I've received an e-mail from multiple schools that I've submitted and paid secondary fees for saying that they cannot process my application further until official MCAT scores have been received. I took my MCAT in 2019 and have been waiting 3+ weeks since request for AAMC to send it over. TBH I think a lot of schools are not actually going to follow this commitment in its entirety.

• Sad
That's what's *supposed* to happen, but I've received an e-mail from multiple schools that I've submitted and paid secondary fees for saying that they cannot process my application further until official MCAT scores have been received. I took my MCAT in 2019 and have been waiting 3+ weeks since request for AAMC to send it over. TBH I think a lot of schools are not actually going to follow this commitment in its entirety.
which schools did you apply to that said they won't look at your application without your mcat?

NYIT:
After our initial review of your AACOMAS application to NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, we found that it is missing your official MCAT scores. In order to move forward in our review process, you must release your MCAT scores to AACOMAS electronically. MCAT scores must be no older than three years at the time of application.

KYCOM:
At this time, we have not received your official MCAT scores. Please submit your official scores to AACOMAS so that we may continue with the application review process. Please notify our Admissions Office at [email protected] once the scores have been submitted.

VCOM:
Please recognize that we do not have your official MCAT score. It is your responsibility to ensure AAMC submits the official scores to AACOMAS. Once AACOMAS reviews and verifies your MCAT score, they will forward this information to VCOM. This process takes approximately two weeks.

UIW:
If you are applying without an MCAT score, please be patient as these applications may require additional processing time. You must submit your score(s) directly to AACOMAS using the online MCAT Score Reporting Service offered by AAMC once available. Self-reported MCAT scores will not be considered.

1-2 others implied it, in so many words. Only 1-2 affirmed in the emails that they will extend II's without official scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone's status changed to being "under review"? My status has been " We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you." for a while. My status changed for Erie to being under review and I submitted Bradenton a few days before Erie

has anyone's status changed to being "under review"? My status has been " We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you." for a while. My status changed for Erie to being under review and I submitted Bradenton a few days before Erie

Yes my LECOM-B also is under review!

Previous threads said that the earliest II from LECOM-B was July 12th, and then some others also got it July 17th sooooo

II this morning! I take my mcat tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, when I go to "Admissions" --> "Required Letters and Credits" ---> "View Folder Items," all the boxes have red x's in them and there is a note below:

No folder items which meet the requirements have been received.

Is this normal? I've already submitted / paid for secondary. Thanks for any feedback.

Hey everyone, when I go to "Admissions" --> "Required Letters and Credits" ---> "View Folder Items," all the boxes have red x's in them and there is a note below:

Is this normal? I've already submitted / paid for secondary. Thanks for any feedback.

I think that means you're about to get an II!

What makes you say that? To me, it sounds like something went wrong. There should be green checks in all those boxes, no? What does yours look like?
I have the same thing. I just looked at the thread from last year and it seems that the portal will stay this way until you either receive an interview, or are rejected.

I have the same thing. I just looked at the thread from last year and it seems that the portal will stay this way until you either receive an interview, or are rejected.
Oh, okay, thanks!

What makes you say that? To me, it sounds like something went wrong. There should be green checks in all those boxes, no? What does yours look like?

I thought only people who were getting II's were able to see the boxes, my bad.

Mine shows the same thing -- in one of the LECOM emails, they explain "Clicking 'View Folder Items' on the right side of the screen of the Admissions page will show any deficiencies in coursework or letters of recommendation. Required Letters and Credits will be updated when your interview is scheduled."

Mine shows the same thing -- in one of the LECOM emails, they explain "Clicking 'View Folder Items' on the right side of the screen of the Admissions page will show any deficiencies in coursework or letters of recommendation. Required Letters and Credits will be updated when your interview is scheduled."

Look at this gunner actually reading the instructions. Pffft.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my secondary on 6/19 and it still has not switched to "under review". It is still awaiting review. Should I try calling?

I submitted my secondary on 6/19 and it still has not switched to "under review". It is still awaiting review. Should I try calling?
I submitted 6/18 and mine still has not been switched either. I don't think they have gotten to them yet.

I had listed my old mcat and listed the date for my new mcat on AACOMAS. I got my score, does it automatically send or do I have to call AACOMAS or AMCAS

I had listed my old mcat and listed the date for my new mcat on AACOMAS. I got my score, does it automatically send or do I have to call AACOMAS or AMCAS

You have to electronically release it to AACOMAS from the score report screen. "score report" --> "electronically send scores (or something like that)" --> choose AACOMAS and confirm.

For anyone who got an interview for seton hill, how was it only being asked five questions and only having 1 minute 30 seconds for each question? Also was the live informational session purely an information session or does it turn into a group interview or something?

For anyone who got an interview for seton hill, how was it only being asked five questions and only having 1 minute 30 seconds for each question? Also was the live informational session purely an information session or does it turn into a group interview or something?

Hey! There's a different forum for SH -- you may not get your questions answered on here. :)

Hey! There's a different forum for SH -- you may not get your questions answered on here. :)
Thank you for letting me know! Erie is actually my top choice so hopefully I can switch my ranking

Thank you for letting me know! Erie is actually my top choice so hopefully, I can switch my ranking

That's awesome! Well, ya have an interview-- one step closer. ;) I wish you the best of luck!

what does it mean under folder items when it says "

AIS potential applicant here. Just want to put this out there in case anyone was wondering. I got verified through AACOMAS as soon as I was able to back in May. I did not know that LECOM had the AIS system until very recently, so I paid the $46 to send in my primary to them on 7/7. Got a link to the secondary the very next day and a link to fill out AIS. I was an ultra nerd in high school and got a 1420/1600 on the SAT which along with 3.5ish college gpa, has my AIS at 125. I am taking the MCAT later this month but have very low expectations on that (first time ever taking it, had to figure it all out myself etc). Hindsight is always 20/20 if I were to retake it lol. As in, if I took it now, bombed it, and retook it, 2nd score would be much better.

If you all are curious about how the AIS thing works out for me (especially if I bomb/decide to not take the MCAT), just lemme know and I will keep you all posted! My application currently says the usual of "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Does anyone's Bradenton app say "Your application is under review" yet?

Does anyone's Bradenton app say "Your application is under review" yet?
The LECOM B portal updates are a little different than Erie. After the "We have received your supplemental application..." it should change to "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." This has not happened for me, I submitted LECOM B supplemental 6/24.

The LECOM B portal updates are a little different than Erie. After the "We have received your supplemental application..." it should change to "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." This has not happened for me, I submitted LECOM B supplemental 6/24.

Mine is still stuck on "
We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."

Should I be worried?

Mine is still stuck on "
We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."

Should I be worried?
No! It's so early in the cycle, especially with COVID no one knows what the timeline is anymore. Don't forget, LECOM B operates its admission cycle completely separately from main LECOM due to regulations in Florida. Do not try to compare the movement of things at the other LECOM campuses with LECOM B. As far as the admissions process goes, treat main LECOM and LECOM B as two different schools.