2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have heard everyone is getting a lot of "spam" emails on webinars and such from PCOM. Should I be worried I am not complete if I am not getting them?
I have also not been receiving these

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I have heard everyone is getting a lot of "spam" emails on webinars and such from PCOM. Should I be worried I am not complete if I am not getting them?
I have also not been receiving these
I wouldn't be worried. I'm assuming you managed to find a box somewhere to opt-out of marketing emails.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone who was accepted get an email that said their DocuSign link has expired? I was accepted a month ago and received an email this morning that the DocuSign link expired, I think it might be an error but was just wondering if anyone else has gotten this as well? Thanks :) I know the deposit deadline is December 15th so I am a little confused!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who was accepted get an email that said their DocuSign link has expired? I was accepted a month ago and received an email this morning that the DocuSign link expired, I think it might be an error but was just wondering if anyone else has gotten this as well? Thanks :) I know the deposit deadline is December 15th so I am a little confused!
I did! So you just hit the send a new link button and it should send you a new link:

Attachments

• FB9EAAB0-1E4D-41EE-BC59-DFCB0AE66BCF.jpeg
    FB9EAAB0-1E4D-41EE-BC59-DFCB0AE66BCF.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 1 user
I did! So you just hit the send a new link button and it should send you a new link:

So I did that and it still says the link is void and expired! I think it might just be a glitch with the system or something because I was accepted exactly a month ago and got an email at 3 am this morning saying the DocuSign is now void and expired. I am certain that we all have until 12/15 to accept and put a deposit down, and nowhere in any of the emails or documents did it say that anything had to be completed within a month! I emailed admissions this morning, hopefully, this is just a mistake! My portal still says deposit due 12/15!

Has anyone else (who was accepted but hasn't signed the technical standards sheet/put a deposit down) received this email that the DocuSign link is expired? Thank you all :)

Last edited:
So I did that and it still says the link is void and expired! I think it might just be a glitch with the system or something because I was accepted exactly a month ago and got an email at 3 am this morning saying the DocuSign is now void and expired. I am certain that we all have until 12/15 to accept and put a deposit down, and nowhere in any of the emails or documents did it say that anything had to be completed within a month! I emailed admissions this morning, hopefully, this is just a mistake! My portal still says deposit due 12/15!

Has anyone else (who was accepted but hasn't signed the technical standards sheet/put a deposit down) received this email that the DocuSign link is expired? Thank you all :)
The document automatically expires after a month I'm pretty sure. Also, I think they expect you to respond back to the form and technical standard within the 30 days they send you the letter, the deposit fee is its own deadline/fee. This won't change anything though, I'm sure if you email admissions they'll send you another form

The document automatically expires after a month I'm pretty sure. Also, I think they expect you to respond back to the form and technical standard within the 30 days they send you the letter, the deposit fee is its own deadline/fee. This won't change anything though, I'm sure if you email admissions they'll send you another form
Thank you all for your responses! I emailed admissions and hopefully will hear back from them soon, I wasn't aware of an explicit 30-day deadline for these forms, and I was just advised to not sign anything until I was 100% ready to commit. Good to know! :)

UPDATE: They got back to me affirming that the document automatically expires and they are sending me a new one!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interview October 30th. Accepted today!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
A this afternoon! Interviewed on 10/30.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted on Tuesday! Interviewed early November. So excited for this school, what an honor!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Is PCOM receptive of emails inquiring about app status? I was complete in mid August and it has been silence since then. Would it help to mention that they are my first choice?

Is PCOM receptive of emails inquiring about app status? I was complete in mid August and it has been silence since then. Would it help to mention that they are my first choice?
Nah they aren’t. They only prefer updates in regards to grades or MCAT, other than that they don’t do updates sadly

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, thinking of sending in an app here, is it too late?

Hey guys! I was accepted here on 11/6 and interviewed 10/22! Had a few questions before I put my deposit. Their COMPLEX 1 pass rate is only 92% compared to another DO school i'm accepted to that is a 99%. Is that concerning? Is PCOM as great as everyone says it is? Really excited about PCOM, just not used to the city feel and want to make sure I am making the right decision! Thanks!

Last edited:
@cinnamonroll121 I am waiting for PCOM to acknowledge my prescence lol (not even a peep about a II), but I can speak on living in Philly:
-PROS:lots of great food, easy transportation, close airport, diverse, tons of nightlife, cheap cost of living
-CONS:very much a city (homelessness, dirty), some folks are a little more rude than in previous cities I’ve lived in, weather can be temperamental sometimes (rainy/snowy/humid)

I really enjoyed living in Philly and would love to return to go to PCOM!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
When does PCOM begin classes? I understand they run on a trimester? Thanks.

Interview this week, my top school so kinda nervous. Any advice?

• Care
Complete mid-July and silence since. Anyone else in this boat?😔

Reactions: 18 users
Hey sorry as this question has probably been asked...does PCOM accept letter of interests? I don’t think they do but wanted to check.

Hey sorry as this question has probably been asked...does PCOM accept letter of interests? I don’t think they do but wanted to check.
Doesn’t hurt to email/call and ask! I believe they accept letters of intent but not letters of interest. I could be incorrect however

For anyone who has already interviewed- how long was the interview day? On the email it says 11:45AM-4PM, but I am seeing that the interview itself is only 30 minutes?

I'm pretty sure you have one hour intro session with current students answering questions, and then at 12:45/1 you are given your interview slot (can be right after at 1 or at 4). So it does not last from 11:45 to 4 necessarily, thats just the timeframe they are doing all the interviews.

Also, II today! Complete 9/30. Any tips on how to prepare for the interview?
yay I was rooting for you! I hope the interview goes well :)

Hi everyone! I got accepted about a week ago and they said to pay the $250 fee and sign the DocuSign that they sent. I got excited because I didn't have hope that I would get in and ended up paying and signing. However, I got an interview from a school near my home (i live in New York) just yesterday. Do my payment and DocuSign mean I already reserved a seat? If I get accepted at home, should I just simply not submit the $750 payment or should I still email PCOM and let them know I won't be attending? I'm kinda confused because I got an email saying completion of the form reserves my seat, but I thought the second $750 payment is what confirms my seat. Can someone explain this please? Thanks in advance :).

Hi everyone! I got accepted about a week ago and they said to pay the $250 fee and sign the DocuSign that they sent. I got excited because I didn't have hope that I would get in and ended up paying and signing. However, I got an interview from a school near my home (i live in New York) just yesterday. Do my payment and DocuSign mean I already reserved a seat? If I get accepted at home, should I just simply not submit the $750 payment or should I still email PCOM and let them know I won't be attending? I'm kinda confused because I got an email saying completion of the form reserves my seat, but I thought the second $750 payment is what confirms my seat. Can someone explain this please? Thanks in advance :).
Nothing you’ve signed/paid for binds you to PCOM. You can absolutely email PCOM prior to paying the $750 fee if you get accepted to your preferred school :) you won’t lose your seat at PCOM if you decide to pay another deposit at a different school too, if that is something you’re wondering as well!

For those that were accepted -- did you complete and sign the technical standards before you were 100% sure you are going to attend PCOM? I would rather fill out the papers and have them on file, but I do not want to accidentally fully commit to the school too early.

For those that were accepted -- did you complete and sign the technical standards before you were 100% sure you are going to attend PCOM? I would rather fill out the papers and have them on file, but I do not want to accidentally fully commit to the school too early.
I was confused about this too. I signed and submitted the papers and the $250 fee, but I got an interview from my top choice immediately the next day.. I didn't want to lose my seat and end up getting rejected from my top choice so I did it. I'm sure we can email them before April (when the second payment is due) and say that we can no longer attend.

There is never a firm commitment. People have withdrawn the day before orientation. Makes the office scramble to fill the spot but it has been done. You lost your deposit(s) but otherwise no other problems.

Accepted today!! :) :) :)
Interviewed on 11/19

Reactions: 11 users
Complete mid-July and silence since. Anyone else in this boat?😔
+1 My #1 so pretty bummed especially seeing that people complete much later than us are getting II’s. Oh well! Maybe we will get that last minute II!

• Care
I was accepted yesterday!!
Interview on 11/24

Does PCOM send complete emails? I'm just realizing now that I never got one. It looks like they got all my materials back in July.

Has anyone with average PCOM stats been interviewed yet, or are they mostly interviewing high-statters for now?

Can anyone comment on my chances of an interview? 3.5c, 3.36s (much better grades 3rd/4th year), 504 MCAT, average ECs, in-state

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone and I hope my seat goes to one of you!! :)