2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who recently received IIs, what were the next dates available?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has gotten accepted been able to complete the pre-matriculation checklist stuff on MyPCOM? All the links are for the 2020 application cycle. I'm guessing they haven't updated the site but they said to complete all the tasks 2 weeks after receiving the credentials to log in so I have no idea at this point...

Has anyone who has gotten accepted been able to complete the pre-matriculation checklist stuff on MyPCOM? All the links are for the 2020 application cycle. I'm guessing they haven't updated the site but they said to complete all the tasks 2 weeks after receiving the credentials to log in so I have no idea at this point...

I remember the same thing happened last year when I was accepted. Pretty much just ignore the 2 week requirement because you have to wait for them to update everything for your class.

Congrats on being accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they accept update letters pre-II?
I believe only academic updates, so grades and MCAT, as far as I understand it. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if PCOM silent Rs? Or have people actually gotten pre-II rejection emails?

Does anyone know if PCOM silent Rs? Or have people actually gotten pre-II rejection emails?
I'm pretty PCOM sends a R at the end of the cycle to people who haven't been interview yet, as far as I know I don't think there's any pre-II rejections

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any tips/insight for the interview? Interviewing tomorrow and it's my first one. Scared AF.

Does anyone have any tips/insight for the interview? Interviewing tomorrow and it's my first one. Scared AF.
It’s really low stress, so just relax and be yourself. I was freaking out before the interview as well, but the interviewers were so nice that time flew by and I didn’t even realize it.

It’s really low stress, so just relax and be yourself. I was freaking out before the interview as well, but the interviewers were so nice that time flew by and I didn’t even realize it.
You the bomb. Thank you :D

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was scrolling through PCOM website and noticed something interesting. Their demographic graph break Vientamese and Pakistani out of the Asian group. Last I check, these two groups are considered Asian too.

1610532441768.png
1610532441768.png

Currently a first-year Biomed student waiting for II, have any other first-years applied/interviewed?

those are underrepresented minorities within the medical community.
Ooh I wasn't aware Vietnamese and Pakistani are considered URM. I thought they were combined into the Asian group.

This uhh..... this explains quite a bit for me.
Not sure if my post might offend you but if it did my apology. It was not meant for anything offensive, I was really under the impression that all Asian applicants fall under ORM.

Not sure if my post might offend you but if it did my apology. It was not meant for anything offensive, I was really under the impression that all Asian applicants fall under ORM.
Oh no it wasn't offensive at all! I thought the same thing. I'm having a hard time finding any "definitive statements" but it does explain several URM-info session emails I got in the past!

Oh no it wasn't offensive at all! I thought the same thing. I'm having a hard time finding any "definitive statements" but it does explain several URM-info session emails I got in the past!
Ah ok good to know lol

Really nervous. Have above average MCAT and GPA completed mid-November. Anyone know anything I can do to try to help me get that II?

Did anyone else get a "thank you for interviewing" email from PCOM?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed in late December heard back yet?

Accepted today! Interviewed on 12/18.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
What are the stats of some of the folks who have been accepted? Just trying to speculate my chances of getting an interview

What are the stats of some of the folks who have been accepted? Just trying to speculate my chances of getting an interview
I would like to know too. Mine is on the low end though.

how long after being complete did it take to receive an II for most peeps?

Completed since October and it's been silence since then lol. At this point, it's time to prep for next cycle.

Their 2020 class has 270 students, do we know if a lot of those seats for this year have been filled yet?

Their 2020 class has 270 students, do we know if a lot of those seats for this year have been filled yet?
There’s only 60-70 people on the accepted Facebook group. Ik not everyone accepted joined the Facebook group but I feel there’s still seats open. Wishing you the best!

Reactions: 2 users
I was really losing hope I’d ever hear back from them but maybe! Seems like a lot of II’s are going out.

• Care
I was accepted a few weeks ago, just wondering if there was an accepted/committed students thread or anything?? Good luck to all!!

i've heard that they don't accept any updates besides grades/MCAT.. so you could definitely send it but i'm just not sure how they would interpret it on their end!
do you know if they want grade updates through email or through AACOMAS?

do you know if they want grade updates through email or through AACOMAS?
If you send a transcript to them it is not official so you are just causing more work. Have it sent through AACOMAS for review.