2020-2021 University of Mississippi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Mississippi

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Please describe your motivation for pursuing the medical degree. (3000 characters)

Please discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic affected your academic preparation for medical school or opportunities for shadowing, volunteering, research, etc. Please also discuss any other impact of the pandemic that you would like the admissions executive committee to know. (2500 characters)

Please describe your motivation for pursuing the medical degree. (3000 characters)

Please discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic affected your academic preparation for medical school or opportunities for shadowing, volunteering, research, etc. Please also discuss any other impact of the pandemic that you would like the admissions executive committee to know. (2500 characters)

@TheDataKing

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS verified July 27th
Early decision application submitted July 27
Secondary submitted July 28th
Invitation to interview July 28th (Interview date Aug. 18)
Will be virtual MMI

AMCAS verified July 27th
Invitation to interview July 28th (Interview date Aug. 18)
Will be virtual MMI

Submitted secondary on July 11th, still waiting for II. I’m regular decision, so that probably has something to do with it. I’m worried that my email is going to send it to spam or something, so I’m checking the portal every day. Does the II show up under the “communication status” section of the portal?”

Submitted secondary on July 11th, still waiting for II. I’m regular decision, so that probably has something to do with it. I’m worried that my email is going to send it to spam or something, so I’m checking the portal every day. Does the II show up under the “communication status” section of the portal?”
This year (Ed) and last year (regular, not admitted) I received an email both times for II. Nothing changed on portal

Just received II email, 7/29

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to you too!
Thanks so much! you as well. I'll keep updating on this thread as I find out more. I know I have a pretty early interview, so I'll let yall know how the virtual MMI goes.

Thanks so much! you as well. I'll keep updating on this thread as I find out more. I know I have a pretty early interview, so I'll let yall know how the virtual MMI goes.
I got an interview invite, and have called multiple times. I've gotten no answer/response. Did you run into this at all when scheduling your interview?

I got an interview invite, and have called multiple times. I've gotten no answer/response. Did you run into this at all when scheduling your interview?
I would just keep calling until somebody picks up. I called around noon to schedule mine.

I called around 10 in the morning, got an answer immediately

I had my interview last week. If anyone wants any information about it, let me know. I obviously won’t be telling you the specifics about the MMI scenarios, but I may be able to provide some pointers about the virtual interview style.

I had my interview last week. If anyone wants any information about it, let me know. I obviously won’t be telling you the specifics about the MMI scenarios, but I may be able to provide some pointers about the virtual interview style.
Hope it went well! Congrats. I have an upcoming interview there too, and I'm aware its 8 MMI stations, but do they stick strictly to ethical scenarios/role playing or do they mix in some normal interview style questions into the stations with the "standard" MMI/ethical scenario discussion-based stations as well. (I don't think that would violate the rules)

Just received II! Was verified yesterday (Aug 31) stats: 502, sGPA 3.88 cGPA 3.93

I’ve been accepted!!

Edit: I wanted to expand on this a bit.
AMCAS verified July 27th
Invitation to interview July 28th
Interview date Aug. 18

Dr. Haynes, head of the admissions committee, told us that they would start sending out letters on the first Wednesday of September, and I indeed got mine yesterday. Email with subject line ACCEPTANCE - OFFER LETTER. I actually received to other emails from the SOM earlier in the day; one stating I had met all my end point pre reqs, and one stating that my file was complete, including letters, transcripts, and coursework. Both of these emails made my heart jump into my throat, and I really wish they were sent earlier than THE DAY YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD NOTIFY ME!!!
This is a dream come true... I am a 36 y/o with a crazy past, and this just shows that with hard work and in my case, a super supportive group of people around me, just about anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been accepted!!

AMCAS verified July 27th
Interview date Aug. 18

Dr. Haynes, head of the admissions committee, told us that they would start sending out letters on the first Wednesday of September, and I indeed got mine yesterday. Email with subject line ACCEPTANCE - OFFER LETTER. I actually received to other emails from the SOM earlier in the day; one stating I had met all my end point pre reqs, and one stating that my file was complete, including letters, transcripts, and coursework. Both of these emails made my heart jump into my throat, and I really wish they were sent earlier than THE DAY YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD NOTIFY ME!!!
This is a dream come true... I am a 36 y/o with a crazy past, and this just shows that with hard work and in my case, a super supportive group of people around me, just about anything is possible.

Hard works pays off, congrats! Eagerly awaiting ~Oct 15 for RD notification

I’ve been accepted!!

AMCAS verified July 27th
Interview date Aug. 18

CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting!!

Pulling for you! Have you done your interview?
Yes! Had my interview on August 28, and I think it went decent - everyone was super nice, so it made the process a lot easier!

Yes! Had my interview on August 28, and I think it went decent - everyone was super nice, so it made the process a lot easier!
I felt pretty good after mine as well. I hope everything works out!

gonna have my interview this Friday, kinda stressed.

Anyone who's waiting for October 15 know around what time they usually send out the email? Or does it vary

Anyone who's waiting for October 15 know around what time they usually send out the email? Or does it vary
Dean Haynes mentioned during the interview that it would be later in the afternoon around 4:00pm!! I hope you get that A!! :)

Acceptance email just now!

I am a 2nd year applicant (non-trad), and I still haven’t heard anything. I received my email last year around this time so I’m assuming the worst at this point. Congrats to those who got accepted.

Still nothing. Has anyone else gotten responses this evening?

Hey everyone. I got an email yesterday around 10am. Postponed/tabled - anyone know much about this?

Anyone know of a Facebook group or GroupMe for accepted students?

I want to extend an invitation to anyone that has been accepted. My wife and I have bought a house in Pearl, which is about 20 minutes east of campus. We will have the extra bedroom set up near the end of January. If you are coming to Jackson to look at apartments or houses before August, and need a place to stay for the night, hit me up on here and we can work something out. Note that we have two large dogs and two cats, and we will be pretty strict with wearing masks and what not. I'll probably ask for your Facebook or instagram and maybe a screen shot of your acceptance so we can vet just a little bit for safety.

Good luck to all applicants!