2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone been accepted off of a hold recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone sent an LOI? emailed Dr. Fulton and didn’t receive any confirmation that he received it and my neurotic brain is panicking lol

Members don't see this ad :)
so are they accepting LOI’s this year? last year Dean Strother said they didn’t

Technically mine was an update letter not an LOI but same energy

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance call yesterday!! Interviewed last week :)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they do pre-II rejections/if there have been rejections yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know they are still sending out invites! You're gonna kill it. When was your secondary complete if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks so much! I turned in my secondary 9/2

There was a list of about 10 interview dates that I could choose from just now. So have hope!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know but I've been wondering the same thing. Also, does anyone know if we can request feedback if we are not accepted this cycle?

I don't know but I've been wondering the same thing. Also, does anyone know if we can request feedback if we are not accepted this cycle?
I think you can! In past years people have called Nelson Strother, so I assume Dr. Fulton will do the same

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully, that is the case, I don't know how confident I am with the hold so was just going for plan B (reapply).

Dean Strother was absolutely amazing! I emailed him last year and he reviewed my application with me. They keep note if the student calls to request feedback and it looks good because it shows that you really cared about this school.

Reactions: 2 users
Dean Strother was absolutely amazing! I emailed him last year and he reviewed my application with me. They keep note if the student calls to request feedback and it looks good because it shows that you really cared about this school.
Miss that guy! He is a legend!

Wait list letter came in by mail today, interviewed 3/4

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I feel very fortunate to have been accepted to both ETSU Quillen and UT Memphis. I am having difficulty deciding which school to attend. They both have their own advantages from what I can tell. But, with the interview and visits all being virtual, I think this year maybe harder than usual. I am leaning toward UT because I don’t think I want to practice in primary care. Wondering if anyone else is having a similar dilemma? Hoping maybe some current students can help. I’ll post this on the Quillen site as well. Thanks

You wouldn't be limited to primary care at either school. If you want opportunities I would choose UT, if you want a smaller town vibe Quillen. Congrats on your acceptance! Hope to be as fortunate as you when I reapply next cycle if I don't get in this cycle.

I feel very fortunate to have been accepted to both ETSU Quillen and UT Memphis. I am having difficulty deciding which school to attend. They both have their own advantages from what I can tell. But, with the interview and visits all being virtual, I think this year maybe harder than usual. I am leaning toward UT because I don’t think I want to practice in primary care. Wondering if anyone else is having a similar dilemma? Hoping maybe some current students can help. I’ll post this on the Quillen site as well. Thanks
All I can contribute here is that Quillen 's campus is lovely and sits right next to the VA. The surrounding nature and community of the Johnson City area is much nicer and safer than Memphis. UT's surroundings is less appealing, but I think the programs and the facilities they have make that school a much better choice especially if you want to specialize.

I think residency would depend on how competitive you are, rather than where you attend! So UT may be slightly more competitive, and I know esp with their 3 year program they really want to encourage primary care from their med students, but that’s all I know!

anyone know when financial aid/scholarships could come?

Does anyone know what day/time acceptance calls are made? Or is it just sporadic?

Just got the acceptance call!!! Around 330pm CST! OOS

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Do they offer an MD/MBA? I didn't think they did after reviewing MSAR and the SOM's website however, I have found contrasting information online including an agreement between UT campuses.
I saw that too. Maybe it’s either something they no longer do or it’s a less formal program. Didn’t it say the MBA was pretty much online?

What dates were open if you don't mind me asking? Also, congrats!
I chose the earliest date (end of March), but I think it went out into the first week of April at least. Sorry, I can’t remember the exact date it went to!

Does anyone have any information about what normally happens with the hold list? Do they continue to send out rejections or does most of the hold list transition to the waitlist?

Does anyone have any information about what normally happens with the hold list? Do they continue to send out rejections or does most of the hold list transition to the waitlist?
I’m pretty sure if you get places on hold it’s either acceptance or WL. But not completely sure.

Does anyone have an update on the number of student in the GM or Facebook?

I shadowed some surgeries the other day and the residents told me they all got accepted in late March in their pre-COVID cycles. There's still hope!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users