2020-2021 University of Pennsylvania

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does it seem like the class is full/overfilled based on the fb group numbers? (anyone willing to share how many people are in the fb group as of now?)

Members don't see this ad.

Unsure if the class is over-enrolled because someone got off the waitlist late last week so there has been some movement.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an admitted students portal with the academic calendar and other things? I just committed and set up my PennKey, but I don't see a link on the secondary portal...

Is there an admitted students portal with the academic calendar and other things? I just committed and set up my PennKey, but I don't see a link on the secondary portal...
There's an "academic calendar" on the secondary portal under "admissions decision" -> "helpful information" at the bottom. There's some other good info in there too!

can confirm! at least a couple people have joined from off the waitlist (including one the week of May 14 and one on May 17). The GroupMe currently has 167 members, and I know that there are some students waiting to hear back from other waitlists who will likely choose the other school if they get off that waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe waitlist movement may be done. Not sure if anyone else received the application update email today. Here's a brief snippet from it:

"We maintained a waitlist of some of our most talented applicants, like you, in the hopes that there may be an opportunity to invite you to join our matriculating class of 2021. In the past few weeks, however, it has become increasingly clear that we will not have any more positions to offer."

Reactions: 1 user
I believe waitlist movement may be done. Not sure if anyone else received the application update email today. Here's a brief snippet from it:

"We maintained a waitlist of some of our most talented applicants, like you, in the hopes that there may be an opportunity to invite you to join our matriculating class of 2021. In the past few weeks, however, it has become increasingly clear that we will not have any more positions to offer."
I received as well.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
To any current students still active on this thread, can you comment on what your Fridays look like, specifically in regard to mandatory or in-person activities. I'm trying to plan for Labor Day weekend travels and would ideally love to depart on Friday if I don't have to be in Philly.