2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know how to make an electronic portfolio for letters of rec to be sent to so you dont have to ask the authors over and over to send in a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know how to make an electronic portfolio for letters of rec to be sent to so you dont have to ask the authors over and over to send in a letter?

Interfolio is a common option. You can have your letter writers send their letters there once you make an account and you can hold them indefinitely for free. You do have to pay a subscription fee to send them to AMCAS and the other application services.

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a groupme and facebook group for the accepted cohort for this cycle? I would greatly appreciate your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
got a letter in the mail today - application in the holding category. interviewed 3/18. anyone else heard anything?

How is the admitted students group looking now in terms of the number of people?

Any idea on until when will they extend IIs?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, for those of you that have already interviewed, about how long were each of your interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m at the point where I just want them to send me a rejection lol. It is so late in the cycle and I thought I’d have an interview already because I had one last year. Time to gear up for the 2021-2022 cycle fellas

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 9 users
For anyone that’s interviewed, about how long does the entire interview day last?

For anyone that’s interviewed, about how long does the entire interview day last?
It seems like it depends on if you have morning or afternoon interviews. But if you're interviews are both in the morning, then you're done at 1!

This wins
lol it must be an SDN mod for April F**ls Day. Scroll up and look at the last 8-10 posts. It automatically changes int**view into Easter egg hunt

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Any word on when we will be getting our aid package? I was accepted in December and still haven't gotten mine. I feel like it's pretty late in the cycle..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
lol it must be an SDN mod for April F**ls Day. Scroll up and look at the last 8-10 posts. It automatically changes int**view into Easter egg hunt
oh my gosh I am dead I was like .... did I message in here while I was drunk?? I swear I didn’t say easter egg😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For accepted students, have you started looking into housing options in Memphis? It's hard to tell online where would actually be safe just going off crime rates.

Any word on when we will be getting our jelly beans package? I was accepted in December and still haven't gotten mine. I feel like it's pretty late in the cycle..
Jelly beans package = finan*ial aid? If so, those are supposed to be coming out in mid-April based on what I've heard
For accepted students, have you started looking into housing options in Memphis? It's hard to tell online where would actually be safe just going off crime rates.
There's a housing portal on the UTHSC website that should help -- just search "housing" on the website. Also if you're not a part of the GroupMe, I would join. Lots of good information -- housing and otherwise -- being shared there

Jelly beans package = finan*ial aid? If so, those are supposed to be coming out in mid-April based on what I've heard

There's a housing portal on the UTHSC website that should help -- just search "housing" on the website. Also if you're not a part of the GroupMe, I would join. Lots of good information -- housing and otherwise -- being shared there
LMAO brilliant - thanks!

If you're part of the accepted students facebook group there's a very useful google doc on there that gives very unfiltered student opinions on where to live

withdrawing my A good luck to everyone and all the deserving people on the WL !

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?

Since I haven't heard anything from UT post secondary, should I assume a silent rejection? Does anyone know if there's any benefit to withdrawing my application at this point?

Since I haven't heard anything from UT post secondary, should I assume a silent rejection? Does anyone know if there's any benefit to withdrawing my application at this point?
I don’t think anyone Can give you advice on this. In previous years, anyone getting a secondary was gauranteed an interview, but The dean has changed so I have no idea how they are gonna do things from now on. We are in uncharted waters. I personally would not withdraw your application, but I would be looking at gap year alternatives at this point.

Don’t withdraw! They updated their website to state that they are continuing interviews through the end of April and I just talked to a first year there who said that interviews may last even longer, so you could still receive an II at this point

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how we apply to the three year curriculum?

Does anyone know how we apply to the three year curriculum?
They emailed an application for interested students to fill out a few months back, but the deadline to submit it has passed. I think students who applied for it said that they'd already interviewed and were told decisions will be made by the end of the month.

Hi everyone, has anyone who interviewed in the last few weeks gotten a decision yet? Just wondering if anyone heard back after the adcom meeting last Friday.

Hi everyone, has anyone who interviewed in the last few weeks gotten a decision yet? Just wondering if anyone heard back after the adcom meeting last Friday.
I interviewed a little over 2 weeks ago and was put on hold (decision sent via snail mail)

They emailed an application for interested students to fill out a few months back, but the deadline to submit it has passed. I think students who applied for it said that they'd already interviewed and were told decisions will be made by the end of the month.
It is still open. If accepted to UTHSC, email them ASAP if you are interested

I spoke with the admissions team, and they will send out interview invites until the end of April. They also said that there will still be optional application reviews after the cycle ends.

Reactions: 5 users
I spoke with the admissions team, and they will send out interview invites until the end of April. They also said that there will still be optional application reviews after the cycle ends.
Also received a similar response when I called about the application review. Namely, they said email back in May once interviews conclude and the alternate list is ranked.

Can somebody tell me how you hear back if you get rejected? Would it be through email or mail?

Snail mail, I think. Unless you're on the alternate list to which they have a form titled alternate FAQ's which describes receiving an email no later than July 1st if they are unable to offer you an acceptance.

Snail mail, I think. Unless you're on the alternate list to which they have a form titled alternate FAQ's which describes receiving an email no later than July 1st if they are unable to offer you an acceptance.
Dang- I have so many addresses, I wonder which they went by. My current address is different from my permanent address. (I am waiting for an II)

If it's an II it's by email. They haven't finished yet so there's still some time.