2020-2021 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I know I've asked time and again, but any updates on general financial award letters? I was unable to make SLW; did they mention something then? Admissions has not responded to me about it, and with I only have 10 days to decide between them and another school (finances are a big deciding factor).

I know I've asked time and again, but any updates on general financial award letters? I was unable to make SLW; did they mention something then? Admissions has not responded to me about it, and with I only have 10 days to decide between them and another school (finances are a big deciding factor).
They didn't say anything about financial aid awards during SLW. I only heard of a select few people receiving scholarships on the 15th, but it seems like the majority of people are still waiting! I hope that we hear back soon as well. I am wondering (hoping) that they're waiting to see who accepts their scholarships in case they can offer it to more students.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the hold letter today after interviewing 4/12. Does anyone know if they have an alternate list yet or if it is only hold, A, and R?

I just got the hold letter today after interviewing 4/12. Does anyone know if they have an alternate list yet or if it is only hold, A, and R?
WL won’t come out until after april 30 when people have to choose 1 med school - so only hold, A and R right now

Goes anyone know how many people are in the Facebook group now?

Has anyone actually received a rejection letter? I need closure.

Reactions: 5 users
What time/days are the acceptance calls made? And who specifically calls, Dr. Fulton or my interviewers?

What time/days are the acceptance calls made? And who specifically calls, Dr. Fulton or my interviewers?
A faculty member of the admissions committee called me in the afternoon, around 330pm on a Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any reapplicants ever scheduled an application review before? Was it helpful?

Have any reapplicants ever scheduled an application review before? Was it helpful?
II --> Hold --> WL --> R last cycle here. Emailed one of my interviewers and Dr. Fulton about application review. Ended up having a phone conversation with each of them, both of which were helpful. Got the A this cycle.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just as an update for those of us on hold - I emailed admissions asking when we might hear and they said that they’ve completed interviews for the cycle and are building the alternate list now. They said we should have an update by April 30th!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if it is too late to apply for the masters of pharmacology to start this Fall?

Well, I just got the alternate email after interviewing at the end of Feb. and being on hold for 2 months straight. Are people getting acceptances from holds too or is everyone who was on hold just getting placed on the alternate list at this point? Also, how's the Facebook/GroupMe looking like now? Just wondering how the alternate movement is going to look starting May 1st.

The FB group is at 154 and the GroupMe is at 131 - it looks like a few people have left the GroupMe this week

Reactions: 2 users
I also got placed on the alternate list yesterday. I'm a little confused though because the FAQ sheet attached with the email says that they will not disclose relative rankings for the alternate list. I was under the impression that they had done this in previous years?

Does anyone know if it is too late to apply for the masters of pharmacology to start this Fall?
I got accepted to the program a month or so ago. I talked with the program coordinator this week and he said he's still trying to assemble the class so there's most likely still time to apply

Pre-II R. Finally the last R.

• Care
Glad we're all in this together haha

So, when do we email Dr.Fulton and the adcom about an application review?

The FB group is at 154 and the GroupMe is at 131 - it looks like a few people have left the GroupMe this week
I just wanted to post an update on the GroupMe number after today! It's now at 122 members

Anyone else wondering if and when the majority of financial aid packages will be sent out?

I just called to figure out if they can disclose relative rankings and talked to Rhalmil Matthews, but he said they are unable to tell me exact or relative rankings for the alternate list. He did say that the alternate acceptances are being compiled and sent starting today though.

I just called to figure out if they can disclose relative rankings and talked to Rhalmil Matthews, but he said they are unable to tell me exact or relative rankings for the alternate list. He did say that the alternate acceptances are being compiled and sent starting today though.
Did he say if it’ll be via phone/mail/email?? That’s terrifying lol

Did he say if it’ll be via phone/mail/email?? That’s terrifying lol
He did not disclose how exactly. But considering I haven't seen waitlist movement based on this thread, I think there's still a good chance that acceptances are still being determined. However, I guess there is the possibility that since we are just a sample of the entire waitlist, we don't actually know how it's been going? @Heartyparty ,would you say that the GroupMe/Facebook is pretty indicative of the number of accepted students so far?

For those wondering, the GroupMe is at 119 people now. I'm assuming everyone is PTE.

For those wondering, the GroupMe is at 119 people now. I'm assuming everyone is PTE.
That is quite interesting... I'm always curious to know whether these GroupMes have people who have enrolled are not in the group just yet so the possible positions are lower than what the GroupMe indicates. Then again, if you consider that there are an equivalent number of those who are not enrolling and still in the GroupMe and those who are enrolled and not in the GroupMe, and everyone who has enrolled is in the GroupMe, then there are 51 spots.

Last edited:
He did not disclose how exactly. But considering I haven't seen waitlist movement based on this thread, I think there's still a good chance that acceptances are still being determined. However, I guess there is the possibility that since we are just a sample of the entire waitlist, we don't actually know how it's been going? @Heartyparty ,would you say that the GroupMe/Facebook is pretty indicative of the number of accepted students so far?
That is quite interesting... I'm always curious to know whether these GroupMes have people who have enrolled are not in the group just yet so the possible positions are lower than what the GroupMe indicates. Then again, if you consider that there are an equivalent number of those who are not enrolling and still in the GroupMe and those who are enrolled and not in the GroupMe, and everyone who has enrolled is in the GroupMe, then there are 51 spots.
I'd say the number is higher than the GroupMe. I'm not sure if the Facebook group is more accurate (it's at 148), but I could see where more people would be on Facebook than GroupMe. On the flip side, I'd probably forget to leave the Facebook group if I withdrew an acceptance. I really am not sure! I'd say it's probably >120 but <145

Reactions: 4 users
So, silence once again for everyone I assume?

FB still 147 so i assume nobody has heard or i’d think the number would have gone up at least some... previous years’ pages have like 300ish members
This is just pure speculation at this point, but maybe they were/are actually still trying to build/compile/rank the alternate list considering they didn't necessarily have the downtime between their interviews completing and sending out the alternate email.

At this point I'm wondering if they did send out acceptances and we were just not a part of it lol
they’ve been slow on everything and no movement on things at all i assume things will keep happening at least throughout may

• Care
Can someone explain to me what exactly the application review is? I don't remember hearing anything about it throughout the cycle but have seen a few people recently post about it here. Is it like a second chance to have the committee review your application for this cycle? Or is it just advisement for reapplying next cycle? Thanks

Can someone explain to me what exactly the application review is? I don't remember hearing anything about it throughout the cycle but have seen a few people recently post about it here. Is it like a second chance to have the committee review your application for this cycle? Or is it just advisement for reapplying next cycle? Thanks
Application review is to go over your last cycle's application with an adcom member and maybe an interviewer to see where and what you could improve on for future reference during the next cycle. Usually, you would not want to do it just yet if you're on the alternate list. But, if you received the pre-II R or R post interview, then it might be beneficial in scheduling one. On a further note, any activity from the GroupMe or Facebook @Heartyparty and @tn1010 ?

Last edited:
Application review is to go over your last cycle's application with an adcom member and maybe an interviewer to see where and what you could improve on for future reference during the next cycle. Usually, you would not want to do it just yet if your on the alternate list. But, if you received the pre-II R or R post interview, then it might be beneficial in scheduling one. On a further note, any activity from the GroupMe or Facebook @Heartyparty and @tn1010 ?
147 Facebook, 120 GroupMe. One person joined the groupme last Thursday

Application review is to go over your last cycle's application with an adcom member and maybe an interviewer to see where and what you could improve on for future reference during the next cycle. Usually, you would not want to do it just yet if your on the alternate list. But, if you received the pre-II R or R post interview, then it might be beneficial in scheduling one. On a further note, any activity from the GroupMe or Facebook @Heartyparty and @tn1010 ?
yeah facebook has no movement, last cycle’s SDN page says that committee didn’t make final decisions until may 8 and people began matriculating off of waitlist around mid-may, maybe the 18th

Could someone clarify what the GroupMe and Facebook groups are? Are they specifically for UTHSC alternates?