About the Ads
Feb 25, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Update because I called their admissions office: (1) when they notify of waitlist they do not tell you your placement on the list and (2) they said to expect another notification of acceptances at the beginning of April!

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
Jul 16, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
No scholarships for this dude. Withdrawing my A! Good luck to everyone. South is an incredibly under rated school and they 100% take better care of their students than almost all other schools. They are great.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 24, 2020
The MSAR was updated yesterday to include the 2019-20 cycle. Two things of note. South’s median MCAT score went up 2 points (509 to 511) from the previous cycle. They also increased the number of applicants interviewed from 198 to 238. Considering they’re the accepting around the same amount of students, that would mean the post interview acceptance rate went down quite a bit.

jamaica jan sun princess

Future Pediatric Cardio-Oncologist Neurosurgeon
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
The MSAR was updated yesterday to include the 2019-20 cycle. Two things of note. South’s median MCAT score went up 2 points (509 to 511) from the previous cycle. They also increased the number of applicants interviewed from 198 to 238. Considering they’re the accepting around the same amount of students, that would mean the post interview acceptance rate went down quite a bit.

I wonder if they interviewed the same this year. They had a month or so without interviews due to the storm, iirc.

Reactions: 1 user

jamaica jan sun princess

Future Pediatric Cardio-Oncologist Neurosurgeon
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student

The median for matriculated is 508. I believe it was 508 or 507 for the 2018-2019, so the stats for the students who matriculate haven't changed much

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020
The median for matriculated is 508. I believe it was 508 or 507 for the 2018-2019, so the stats for the students who matriculate haven't changed much
That is true (507) but I think they said they use the average for their accepted class for comparison to us. Unless I heard wrong.

Regarding what you stated above for the interviews, it is possible they didn’t interview as many people this year. Back in Dec, they were behind a month yet they still finished interviewing mid March like they normally do. So either they interviewed more per week or they reduced the number interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
Oct 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Anyone know when USA typically has waitlist movement? Looks like previously 30/40 made it from the waitlist, but I remember someone on my interview day saying they were trying to have fewer people on the waitlist this year.

May 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Anyone know when USA typically has waitlist movement? Looks like previously 30/40 made it from the waitlist, but I remember someone on my interview day saying they were trying to have fewer people on the waitlist this year.
From previous years’ threads it looks like movement only starts on April 30. I’m hoping for some decent waitlist movement this year for those of us on there....

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.