2020-2021 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hoping for amazing WL movement for all this week!! let's manifest this A :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 31 users
I have faith in each and every one of you all! Less get this $$$

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
I have a strange reason this might be the week IDK

• Love
Reactions: 41 users
Members don't see this ad :)
0EE82D1E-4F31-4F0E-8F07-D5426B6257F0.jpeg

Reactions: 18 users
The other day, I was at church praying to get off the waitlist (lol). As I was leaving, my clumsy self tipped the hand sanitizer and spilled it on the floor. I had a laugh about it with the man behind me, who introduced himself with a speech impediment. I found out that he woke up from a coma 20 years ago and then went through years of depression and suicidal thoughts. I told him about my dream of going into medicine, and he said to never give up because he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for his doctor.

Before this moment, I was in such a bad place. He reminded me that life could always be worse, and in the case that it does become worse, we will always have the option of picking ourselves up and growing. He was such a bright light that my soul desperately needed.

Since then, my optimism and gratitude have grown. I had found some peace in life’s unpredictability, and I was prepared to deal with whatever cards I would be dealt next.

This morning, I got off one of my 5 waitlists. On my way to church pretty soon. Hope to see that man again :)
I got my call watching the two popes. Coincidence? I think not.

Reactions: 4 users
not to brag or anything but a tik tok on my fyp said i'll be "receiving an offer" from someone in the next two weeks lol

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users
Cheers to another week on the WL! Here we go again!!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
When you see people getting off the waitlist or get rejected post waitlist and you got silence, that's a good thing right? lol

Reactions: 3 users
The acceptance waves are going to continue to get smaller now, and it’s really really hard not to give up hope!!! We’re in our second week, heading over to mid-May. I’m sitting on five waitlists.. does this mean it’s time to slowly back away from dreams of making it this year? Or do we continue strong till the end of May?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
The acceptance waves are going to continue to get smaller now, and it’s really really hard not to give up hope!!! We’re in our second week, heading over to mid-May. I’m sitting on five waitlists.. does this mean it’s time to slowly back away from dreams of making it this year? Or do we continue strong till the end of May?
The latter!! Everyone is very impatient, and understandably so, but it's important to keep in mind that we are still in the middle of the first big wave!

Yes, this is the very beginning of the second week of May. People who received offers the last week of April typically have two weeks to decide, and people who received offers last week usually have at least a week.

Unless everyone receiving a call the past two weeks had no prior As, the movement from the last two weeks is going to cause more movement this week as everyone with excess As will have to give them up. Plus, some schools haven't even made their first calls yet.

Yes, continue strong until the end of May, at least. Movement will continue after that, but, it will be less than it is now. Now hasn't even really slowed down yet. People are still receiving calls, every single day. It will continue this week and into next.

Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of people holding multiple acceptances are just waiting to get their financial aid packages, too! When that happens, I would expect a lot more movement as well

Reactions: 10 users
A lot of people holding multiple acceptances are just waiting to get their financial aid packages, too! When that happens, I would expect a lot more movement as well
Literally anything that keeps my hope up is very well appreciated lmao, let us hope and pray 🙏

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Idk why, but Im feeling confident many of us, including me, will be hearing good news soon. I’m choosing to be confident and hopeful because life has a weird way of manifesting for those who truly believe. Whos with me?!?!

• Love
Reactions: 39 users
The latter!! Everyone is very impatient, and understandably so, but it's important to keep in mind that we are still in the middle of the first big wave!

Yes, this is the very beginning of the second week of May. People who received offers the last week of April typically have two weeks to decide, and people who received offers last week usually have at least a week.

Unless everyone receiving a call the past two weeks had no prior As, the movement from the last two weeks is going to cause more movement this week as everyone with excess As will have to give them up. Plus, some schools haven't even made their first calls yet.

Yes, continue strong until the end of May, at least. Movement will continue after that, but, it will be less than it is now. Now hasn't even really slowed down yet. People are still receiving calls, every single day. It will continue this week and into next.
I second this.

A school I am WLed at accepted almost the same number of students just last week off their WL as their MSAR reports for an entire cycle. WL movement is real and it is happening, just because it is not reported on SDN does not mean it is non-existent. I personally know almost 10 students that have been pulled from their school's WL but never shared on SDN.

Seriously if we all get off our respective waitlists I would really consider buying everyone a round of whatever beverage they want

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
3 WL gang here, checking in. Happy to know I'm not the only one in the world going through it, as it's certainly felt like that the last couple weeks.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I feel like waiting on decisions would be so much easier for me if I had like, anything else to do.

Can't go to restaurants and movies.
Can't see my friends.
Can't go to any events like concerts or sports.
And am sort of tired of video games and books after a year of being stuck inside of my house.

I miss the outside world T_T

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
I feel like waiting on decisions would be so much easier for me if I had like, anything else to do.

Can't go to restaurants and movies.
Can't see my friends.
Can't go to any events like concerts or sports.
And am sort of tired of video games and books after a year of being stuck inside of my house.

I miss the outside world T_T
Travel...most countries require rapid tests and backpacking is fairly cheap. That's my plan after I take this MCAT in case I have to reapply.

Ah, another beautiful day of not being included in my school's wave of acceptances... :confused:

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
believe it or not the thing that i'm most annoyed about is potentially having to resend my transcripts to AMCAS if i have to reapply. it seems so mundane but my GOD it's so ANNOYING it's making me not want to do the whole app lol

Reactions: 9 users
seeing people get off the WL but they seem uninterested in your school/withdraw from the acceptance makes me so sad bc if the school just took me i'd commit ASAP

Reactions: 25 users
seeing people get off the WL but they seem uninterested in your school/withdraw from the acceptance makes me so sad bc if the school just took me i'd commit ASAP
I’m actually glad when that happens because at least they will decline their A and the WL will have to move more. Today, it’s been total silent for all my schools so far

Reactions: 12 users
I’d also take this as a good sign! This can also mean then if/when they withdraw, you’ll be a step closer to getting the A!

I’m actually glad when that happens because at least they will decline their A and the WL will have to move more. Today, it’s been total silent for all my schools so far
I'm the same way! I make a joke about it like "haha shoulda picked someone that wanted you @said school...now who's the backup"

That's oftentimes the irony this time of year, as the rich always seem to get richer. The nice thing about this process, however, is that the music doesn't stop until every seat is filled, so all of the As have to ultimately find their way into the hands of someone who needs them!!! :)

• Care
The other side of it is when someone gets multiple A’s even off waitlists but of course decides to take the one where you are waitlisted...endless pain

• Sad
Sigh, sitting on 6 waitlists and starting to lose hope :(

Reactions: 4 users
Trying to maintain my sanity. I am on 1 waitlist now and am hoping for the best but have decided to study for the MCAT again in preparation for the next cycle. Not gonna lie this waiting is not my favorite.

• Care
Trying to maintain my sanity. I am on 1 waitlist now and am hoping for the best but have decided to study for the MCAT again in preparation for the next cycle. Not gonna lie this waiting is not my favorite.
If I also decide to retake the MCAT and improve my app, we should absolutely make a group chat to support each other. WL gang=family 💪🏼

Seeing y'all with six or seven waitlists losing hope, while I have one (well, two, but I'm bottom-tiered in the other), has made being optimistic hard T_T.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
whats a higher chance: getting an A off the bottom tier of a WL or dating your crush after she says "maybe some other time" when you ask her out?

• Haha
whats a higher chance: getting an A off the bottom tier of a WL or dating your crush after she says "maybe some other time" when you ask her out?
Depends on the stats of the other candidates; have you tried sending her some updates or a LOI?

• Haha
In the same boat. I was thinking about starting to study again but checked last night and there are no spots to take it anywhere remotely close to me. Kinda lost

Reactions: 1 user
In the same boat. I was thinking about starting to study again but checked last night and there are no spots to take it anywhere remotely close to me. Kinda lost
Yeah when I got waitlisted I started studying so I can avoid a gap year but I may still take one, not sure yet.

Been really piling hope onto my waitlist position because I'm going to be honest: I really, reaaaally don't want to take the MCAT again, especially having taken it three times already.

But it's also really the only area of my application that could use improvement, so I pretty much will have to retake it if I don't get off my waitlists...

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Been really piling hope onto my waitlist position because I'm going to be honest: I really, reaaaally don't want to take the MCAT again, especially having taken it three times already.

But it's also really the only area of my application that could use improvement, so I pretty much will have to retake it if I don't get off my waitlists...
damn, going for a 4th MCAT retake; you, my friend, are a goddamn soldier

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys quick Q. I'm on the WL for Georgetown, and seems like two people got off the WL this morning. I don't want to think this is the end of WL movement (bc last year Gtown's biggest WL wave was around May 10), but how can a school so expensive and with mid tier rank be already full? There's gotta be more movement right?
Sorry guys, I'm desperate and sad hahah

• Care
Hey guys quick Q. I'm on the WL for Georgetown, and seems like two people got off the WL this morning. I don't want to think this is the end of WL movement (bc last year Gtown's biggest WL wave was around May 10), but how can a school so expensive and with mid tier rank be already full? There's gotta be more movement right?
Sorry guys, I'm desperate and sad hahah
Supply and demand my friend.

I feel that, the rest of my application is solid just my score is lackluster. I am trying to focus on using this time to improve my knowledge. It sucks but I know eventually I will get through to an acceptance as will you! If it helps this will be my third attempt because I let the fear of not applying force my hand early and I wasn't ready the other times. My attempts are 1 month apart, not my smartest move.

• Care
damn, going for a 4th MCAT retake; you, my friend, are a goddamn soldier
I feel that, the rest of my application is solid just my score is lackluster. I am trying to focus on using this time to improve my knowledge. It sucks but I know eventually I will get through to an acceptance as will you! If it helps this will be my third attempt because I let the fear of not applying force my hand early and I wasn't ready the other times. My attempts are 1 month apart, not my smartest move.

Honestly, my first retake I was -very- ill prepared (got like a 497). And then three months later when I took it again I did muuuch better (got a 505).

That was back in 2016, lol. Then in 2018, I took it again and only got three points up, but I had some really bad personal experiences the week prior and had such little focus.

Now none of those scores are considered, but I definitely feel like I'm in the best state of mind that I've ever been so I'd be willing to do it. The actual content material isn't the issue though (I've gone through psychsoc, biochem, pchem, and biology principles more times than I can count), it's just all the analysis and reading that is required in such a short period of time...

Honestly, my first retake I was -very- ill prepared (got like a 497). And then three months later when I took it again I did muuuch better (got a 505).

That was back in 2016, lol. Then in 2018, I took it again and only got three points up, but I had some really bad personal experiences the week prior and had such little focus.

Now none of those scores are considered, but I definitely feel like I'm in the best state of mind that I've ever been so I'd be willing to do it. The actual content material isn't the issue though (I've gone through psychsoc, biochem, pchem, and biology principles more times than I can count), it's just all the analysis and reading that is required in such a short period of time...
The best preparation for you is grinding through practice tests (FLs) with test-day conditions.