2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an interview invite today. Anyone care to share their interview experiences at this school? Thanks
Do you mind me asking when you were complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received an interview invite today. Anyone care to share their interview experiences at this school? Thanks
I just had mine. They were very nice. I had a very experience. Review the interview stuff on SDN and you should be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about how stringent the school is regarding the English prereqs? I completed multiple writing-intensive courses in college and also submitted my AP English Lang score report to the admissions office, and they emailed me stating that I was not given a secondary because I was missing 3 credits of English...

I got accepted today! Was complete in August and interviewed in December!

Got accepted yesterday! Complete mid august, interview invite beginning of December, interviewed 1/8. Canadian.

Got the A yesterday as well! Complete in August and interviewed mid-December

Does this school do silent rejects post secondary? I sent it in and was complete 9/1/2020 and I have yet to hear back. Should I email them for a status update?

Submitted my secondary today, we'll see how my second app cycle goes with me applying so late. financial issues suck lol

still have pnwu, kcu, and cusom left. hopefully will complete by tonight. best of luck all

Hey I've decided to decline my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of y'all. This is a great school imo. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. International student. Submitted and completed on Jan. 12th.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted last week! Super excited this was my first acceptance!

still on secondary hold lol. doesn't their secondary deadline is in April?

Haven’t received a secondary but my application is marked “re-review” (hold status I’m guessing). When should I consider this as a rejection?

Haven’t received a secondary but my application is marked “re-review” (hold status I’m guessing). When should I consider this as a rejection?
I considered myself rejected already since their secondary deadline is almost up.

How quickly do y'all call post interview for an update? Been seeing people say they call in like 4 ish days and find out if the are A or R. What do y'all suggest

How quickly do y'all call post interview for an update? Been seeing people say they call in like 4 ish days and find out if the are A or R. What do y'all suggest
My acceptance came almost a month after I interviewed, but I've seen people get decisions earlier than that

Interviewing here next week. Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Is it open/close file and is it one on one? Thanks in advance!!!

When I interviewed they told me the admissions committee was meeting the following Wednesday (I interviewed on the Friday) so I called on the Thursday

Interviewing here next week. Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Is it open/close file and is it one on one? Thanks in advance!!!
Review the stuff from the WCUCOM SDN interview feedback website! That should be good enough! Know general Why this school? Why medicine? Why DO? What specialty? type questions

Anyone know if they are still offering interviews?
I'm sure they are, I called the other day to inquire about my status and they gave a basic response (understandably) that told me I am being considered up until class is full, so I would assume that's probably until April.

II! Wish me luck guys. Whats the turn around time post-interview?

II todayyyy :))) I forgot I even applied here lol. How exciting.

any tips for the interview here? are the questions specific to our app or more general?

any tips for the interview here? are the questions specific to our app or more general?

It was very laid back and conversational! The questions were more general (why medicine, why do, why wcucom) but I answered them with specific stories from my life/activities, so the convo naturally turned into specific things about my app. Just be your authentic self, and you'll do great!

• Care
^ second the comment above; the interview was very laid back (although my interview wasn't as conversational, more of a q&a format)

How likely are you to receive an II if you get a secondary late in the cycle?

Submitted secondary in June 2020 but received an II a couple of weeks ago. I declined so that anyone waiting has a chance. Seems like a cool school, but I already submitted large deposits to other universities. Good luck y’all!

For those who had an interview, what time was your interview?

Do we have to call to get our decision? Or will they send out emails sometime during the week to announce it?