2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone whos done a tour with Martha, how long did it take?

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone whos done a tour with Martha, how long did it take?
2-2.5 hours tops, depending on how long your meeting with Dr. Weir goes and if you meet with financial aid or anyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone on the waitlist hear back after Wednesday? I got waitlisted that day so I'm curious if our positions have changed since then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! If an OMS 2 or past student could answer these questions I'd appreciate it! I know medical school is tough, but I was wondering how the quality of the program is. Do they prepare students for board exams well? (Like are current exams formatted similar to boards or board like questions)? Is there good quality teaching? Also, would I be limited if I wanted to match into non primary care residencies? And what's the quality of life like at the program? As students do you feel you're more stress than your peers at other DO schools/more on your own ?

Any insight would be super helpful!

Just got off the waitlist!! I was waitlisted on April 20th.

Reactions: 1 users
The class FB group has 178 members right now (some of them current student moderators). I think there’s 200 seats this year. So while I’m sure not every admitted student is on the Facebook group but there’s probably a few seats left
Hey I was accepted just today and am having a hard time finding this facebook page! Can you send a link? Is there a group me or anything?

I got accepted today after being put on the waitlist April 26th. I was honestly hoping to get accepted later so I have more time to think about this. But thankful, I guess

yeah I've been on the waitlist for a week and a half but I wanted to see if anyone has been accepted off of the waitlist since last Wednesday

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I've been on the waitlist for a week and a half but I wanted to see if anyone has been accepted off of the waitlist since last Wednesday
The waitlist acceptances seem to come out every Tuesday afternoon. At least, that seems to be the pattern here. I wouldn't worry about it until tomorrow tbh

Got accepted off the waitlist last week and will be attending.

Just got accepted off of the waitlist! Just wanted to remind you all to have some hope! Wish everyone the best!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Declined my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you!

Hey everyone that just got accepted and need to pay the deposit ! If you are going to wire the money you can try online but apparently it only works if you go to the bank where the banker does it. I’ve had trouble doing it online with WF bank and have noticed other people have had trouble too. So, if it doesn’t work online then please just go into your bank !! Congrats once again 🙌

Just withdrew my acceptance after getting off a waitlist in state. Good luck!

Withdrew my acceptance for a school closer to home, best of luck everyone!

Any current students, I was just wondering about the equipment list. I assume that we likely aren't going to use every single thing on the list and it would be easier to get the bare essentials. I actually just got gifted a Littmann Classic III stethoscope and a Taylor reflex hammer by my grandma. Does WCU prefer that I have the Littmann Cardiology IV stethoscope and Queen Square reflex hammer instead or am I solid with the gifted equipment?

Any current students, I was just wondering about the equipment list. I assume that we likely aren't going to use every single thing on the list and it would be easier to get the bare essentials. I actually just got gifted a Littmann Classic III stethoscope and a Taylor reflex hammer by my grandma. Does WCU prefer that I have the Littmann Cardiology IV stethoscope and Queen Square reflex hammer instead or am I solid with the gifted equipment?
The stethoscope and reflex hammer from Grandma are fine

Withdrew my spot today. Best of luck to who ever gets it!
i am planning on withdrawing my spot as well, do you know if there is anything else we need to do besides emailing the admissions office that we want to withdraw our seat?

i am planning on withdrawing my spot as well, do you know if there is anything else we need to do besides emailing the admissions office that we want to withdraw our seat?
I Just sent an email to admissions. got an email back within the day wishing me the best of luck.

Just got the A but I am withdrawing as well, I hope it goes to the rest of y'all!

just withdrew my acceptance here! hope it goes to one of you!

I just got off the WL at my #1 choice so I’ll be withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you!

I will be withdrawing as well as I got accepted to an in-state school. I hope everyone on the WL gets in and slowly but surely this will happen!

The only thing you really need is a stethoscope. Whatever you want is fine, I use a cardiology III and it got me through my first 2 years :)

Hey! If an OMS 2 or past student could answer these questions I'd appreciate it! I know medical school is tough, but I was wondering how the quality of the program is. Do they prepare students for board exams well? (Like are current exams formatted similar to boards or board like questions)? Is there good quality teaching? Also, would I be limited if I wanted to match into non primary care residencies? And what's the quality of life like at the program? As students do you feel you're more stress than your peers at other DO schools/more on your own ?

Any insight would be super helpful!
I'm a rising 3rd year. The people that do well on boards at any school are the ones that commit to start learning the material they need for boards as soon as they start medical school. They teach you medicine, it's your job to ensure you're taking what you need to for board prep, using your resources, and doing questions along the way. Second-year exams are 100% board style, first year they aren't quite because you don't have the knowledge yet. Someone posted the past match list on the thread so I will direct you to that. Quality of life in medical school is whatever you want it to be, you need to decide what your priorities are and make them work.

Just got an interview invite … this is pretty late in the cycle but I’m really grateful !

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Can someone here give me some interview tips and some general information like how many people will interview me and open or closed application interview ?

Can someone here give me some interview tips and some general information like how many people will interview me and open or closed application interview ?
Review the SDN interview page for the school…it’s very accurate. I had 2 interviewers.

there’s a bunch of info buried way back in the thread but it’s def probs buried by now 😂 basically be prepared for why medicine, why DO, why Carey, 3 strengths and weaknesses, and an ethical scenario or 2… the interview feedback for Carey pretty much has word for word the ethical scenarios and the questions. just prepare what’s there! mine was 2-1; 2 interviewers with just me. mine was pretty question and answer, but others said there’s were more conversational, so don’t be afraid/disappointed if it’s one way or another!

oh also, don’t know how many people they’re still interviewing but in mine back in September/October, there were 5 of us scheduled in back to back 30 minute time slots on my interview day, so don’t be worried if it ends kind of abruptly at the half hour mark!

I find it very odd that they called and emailed me just the other day about submitting a secondary application for the class beginning this August...

I find it very odd that they called and emailed me just the other day about submitting a secondary application for the class beginning this August...
if you read through years past threads, it’s pretty standard for Carey. conversely with other schools, they send extremely limited secondaries and fill in on the back end of the application cycle.

Just withdrew my acceptance I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview tomorrow guys: any last minute advice ? I’m anxious but very excited !