2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite yesterday. First one of the DO cycle

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students share a little bit of information about clinical rotations?

How often do students switch sites? Like do students spend several months or years at each site or are they moving every month?
Does WCUCOM provide or help students find housing, esp in more rural areas?
Overall, how do students like the preceptors?
I’m also looking for answers to these questions! I really wish we got to speak to students during the interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Received II today. Will be declining, good luck everyone!

When you completed and submitted the registration form and deposit did you guys get a confirmation of that? Also I used PayMyTuition so I’m not sure if anyone else used that to pay their seat deposit too.

When you completed and submitted the registration form and deposit did you guys get a confirmation of that? Also I used PayMyTuition so I’m not sure if anyone else used that to pay their seat deposit too.
I’ve used PayMyTuition as well. I chose the bill payment option and paid using BMO (TD doesn’t work, not sure about CIBC and other banks). It took 2 business days (EST) for the payment to reach PayMyTuition and another 3-4 hours for the payment to reach the school + receive receipt from PayMyTuition. Receipt from the school + student number etc were given to me the next business day. Hope this helps!

Just received my acceptance from Carey today! Here are some of my stats:

I had a 502 MCAT with pretty evenly distributed score distributions in the 4 categories.
I am a Mississippi Resident with ties to the Hattiesburg community and rural Mississippi.
My community service was a little on the low end, but my research was on the high end with two peer-reviewed publications.
GPA was 3.95 science and 3.98 overall.
I did not complete CASPER.

My Timeline:
Sent Primary December 16th.
Received Secondary January 3rd.
Sent in Secondary January 12th
Secondary Marked Complete January 13th.
Interview Request January 19th.
Scheduled Interview February 3rd.
Accepted February 9th.

If anyone wants to practice interviewing, please reach out to me! I prepped a ton for my interview and the constructive criticism I received from friends was highly beneficial.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just received my acceptance from Carey today! Here are some of my stats:

I had a 502 MCAT with pretty evenly distributed score distributions in the 4 categories.
I am a Mississippi Resident with ties to the Hattiesburg community and rural Mississippi.
My community service was a little on the low end, but my research was on the high end with two peer-reviewed publications.
GPA was 3.95 science and 3.98 overall.
I did not complete CASPER.

My Timeline:
Sent Primary December 16th.
Received Secondary January 3rd.
Sent in Secondary January 12th
Secondary Marked Complete January 13th.
Interview Request January 19th.
Scheduled Interview February 3rd.
Accepted February 9th.

If anyone wants to practice interviewing, please reach out to me! I prepped a ton for my interview and the constructive criticism I received from friends was highly beneficial.
Congrats!!!

I would've totally reached out earlier, but my II is tmrw :( LOL

Just got accepted! Interview was Feb 8th, acceptance Feb 9th. I am really excited.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just Declined my A . Hope it goes to someone here waiting for their first A! Best of luck!

• Love
I was curious how long after accepting the II was the follow up email received with the zoom link?

I was curious how long after accepting the II was the follow up email received with the zoom link?
I got the invitation on Friday and the Microsoft teams link on Tuesday for my Thursday interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today.

• Love
Interview invite today.
Congrats!! Interview is very conversational. Use Sdn interview feedback Qs and you will be set. You are gonna do great!

Anyone from 2/10 cohort heard yet about their decision? I am so anxious and nervous LOL

Anyone from 2/10 cohort heard yet about their decision? I am so anxious and nervous LOL
If I recall correctly they have adcom meetings on Wednesday. I got admitted the Wednesday after my interview around 6pm est.

• Love
My first A of the cycle just now! 😍

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got accepted here and UNE COM today! The interview was yesterday! Feeling so blessed and happy right now. :) #firstgenandproud

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted here and UNE COM today! The interview was yesterday! Feeling so blessed and happy right now. :) #firstgenandproud
YASSS GET IT!!!

CONGRATSSS ❤️❤️

#firstgenandproud - we MADE IT

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students share a little bit of information about clinical rotations?

How often do students switch sites? Like do students spend several months or years at each site or are they moving every month?
Does WCUCOM provide or help students find housing, esp in more rural areas?
Overall, how do students like the preceptors?
I am also looking for some answers to these questions! I also wanted to add:
1) Do we need a car?
2) Are hub sites only in rural areas?
3) What is the residency match list?
4) Is grading P/F?

I am also looking for some answers to these questions! I also wanted to add:
1) Do we need a car?
2) Are hub sites only in rural areas?
3) What is the residency match list?
4) Is grading P/F?
1) yes it's advisable to have a car
2) absolutely not, we have hubsites in Hattiesburg, the gulf coast, Jackson, Louisiana, and New York as well. As well as some more rural hubsites.
3) there is one posted on the second page of this thread. It's about 60% primary care and 40% non primary care including competitive stuff like derm, ortho, anesthesia, radiology, ent, urology, rad onc, neurosurgery the past 3 years.
4) I believe grading has been p/f since COVID and will be for the foreseeable future. I am a 4th year so can't 100% confirm, this is something to ask on your interview day.
This point is moot tho because preclinical grades don't matter anyway. You can get straight C's(not advisable but still) and no one would care. Even with pass fail step1/level 1 the focus will shift to step 2/level 2 and research and other extracurriculars. Preclinical grades are still out of the picture. Learn what you need to learn to do well on step 1 and comfortably pass, and that will show on your step 2 performance. 3rd year Clerkships will matter more now and so will your 4th year sub-I's and letters. Don't go to a school because it's p/f

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
this is really random but for those of you that have visited post-acceptance, what did you wear? 😂 like business casual? full suit? blazer + slacks? i'm visiting next month and don't want to look dumb LOL i'm gonna default to pant suit but i thought i would ask first.

• Hmm
Hey all! I was accepted to WCUCOM a few weeks ago. So excited to attend! I am just wondering what the tuition is for the following year? One of the letters I received said that the yearly cost is $58000 but is that the total cost or the tuition?

Is lecture attendance mandatory here? and how are the research / volunteer opportunities?

Is lecture attendance mandatory here? and how are the research / volunteer opportunities?
  1. I was told when I went on campus that lecture attendance is initially mandatory for either the first trimester or first-year [was not clarified]
  2. I asked specifically about research during my interview and they said that 1 Case Report was mandatory research for all students, but otherwise, students are told that they can decide to pursue more extensive research if they so desire. [I do so desire due to my family's health condition but to each their own.] Here is a quote directly from the website about research
    1. Students in the OMS3 year are required to write a case report on one of their patients as part of their curricular requirements in the Introduction to Clinical Scholarship course (OMS 7384). A well-written case report may result in a presentation at a professional conference or occasionally even a publication in a scholarly journal for the student. Students in the clinical years are also encouraged to work with their clinical preceptors on research projects of interest to the preceptor. This could involve anything from a secondary analysis of existing data to participation in clinical trials. Both OMS3 and OMS4 students also have access to research rotation electives which are required by some specialized residencies, but all students are encouraged to consider a research rotation regardless of their desired residency specialty.

I interviewed on 2/21 and got rejected today 2/23, not even waitlisted. Maybe I did not do well on my interview. Congrats to those who got accepted!

• Care
I interviewed on 2/21 and got rejected today 2/23, not even waitlisted. Maybe I did not do well on my interview. Congrats to those who got accepted!
Don’t let this one rejection keep you down too much! All you need is that one A!!

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?
I would really try to get at least a 500. I think it was in last years forum that said the average was around a 505. I got accepted with a 501. Its worth a shot but with your mcat that low your gonna have to make that up with the other parts of your application.

Hi, I have my interview coming up. Just wanted to confirm that it’s only 30 mins and no full interview day or presentations?

Hi, I have my interview coming up. Just wanted to confirm that it’s only 30 mins and no full interview day or presentations?
Yea it’s just a 30 minute interview. You’ll be sent a link tonight or tomorrow morning. If you’re first that day then there willl likely be no wait but for me I waited like 7 minutes before they joined the meeting link they sent me

Yea it’s just a 30 minute interview. You’ll be sent a link tonight or tomorrow morning. If you’re first that day then there willl likely be no wait but for me I waited like 7 minutes before they joined the meeting link they sent me
Thank you!

same, I was like maybe they don't wanna interview me so I was gonna go back to bed LMAO

same, I was like maybe they don't wanna interview me so I was gonna go back to bed LMAO
LOL, I thought that maybe I clicked the wrong link because I got 3 emails with zoom links from WCUCOM in the 12 hours prior to my interview. SO I kept checking the different links before realizing they were probably just with the other applicant

• Haha
Got waitlisted

• Care
ACCEPTED!!! 1st of the cycle. Interviewed last Friday

• Love
Reactions: 6 users