2021-2022 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the class full and they are still interviewing for WL or are there spots left ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ! when are you scheduled for ?
Actually just decided to decline the interview! I have acceptances elsewhere and decided that it would be better to let someone else have a shot who hasn’t had that chance yet this cycle. Good luck future docs!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Actually just decided to decline the interview! I have acceptances elsewhere and decided that it would be better to let someone else have a shot who hasn’t had that chance yet this cycle. Good luck future docs!
so wholesome <3

I just got an interview invite. I sent the secondary application back in July or August and was basically getting ready for a reapplication!

• Love
  • Care
I just got an interview invite. I sent the secondary application back in July or August and was basically getting ready for a reapplication!
You are GONNA do GREAT. <3

Wishing you all the best!!

hi I'm a female incoming student WCUCOM and looking for roommates. Please let me know if you're interested

hi I'm a female incoming student WCUCOM and looking for roommates. Please let me know if you're interested
There's a FB WCUCOM student and roommate page that you can use for finding roommates!

Since this university is religion-based, do you have to be that religion to get accepted? Or do they show preference to those that align with similar values as then?

Since this university is religion-based, do you have to be that religion to get accepted? Or do they show preference to those that align with similar values as then?
Do you have to be that religion to get accepted?
No, I asked about that both during the interview and when I met Dr. Weir, dean of student affairs in person.

Do they show a preference for those that align with similar values as then?
If by "similar values" you mean values that most human beings consider good, I think yes! From my rather limited interaction with the school (I was not native to the city, I toured the school during March and met students and faculties from both the COM and undergrad, I felt they value academic success, willingness to help, and an open mind to feedback.

During my stay at the school, I did not feel the vibe that I was kinda expecting, it was better than that. Then again, my interaction was limited, and I am concerned about this topic too! I hope there are more inputs regarding this

Nope, they did not asking me anything about my religion during the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how is the interview? do they ask kind of out of the blue questions? this is my first med school interview and I'm really nervous!

how is the interview? do they ask kind of out of the blue questions? this is my first med school interview and I'm really nervous!
Mine was very standard, plus an ethical question sort of based on a specialty you have in mind. I highly recommend reading through the historical interview questions (i think the first link on this forum), I felt very prepared based off it. Good luck!!

Mine was very standard, plus an ethical question sort of based on a specialty you have in mind. I highly recommend reading through the historical interview questions (i think the first link on this forum), I felt very prepared based off it. Good luck!!
Thank you!

is WCUCOM a good school? I have heard really mixed things about it on reddit and on here. What are yall's thoughts on it?

is WCUCOM a good school? I have heard really mixed things about it on reddit and on here. What are yall's thoughts on it?
It used to be really bad in terms of high attrition rates like 4-5 years ago (not sure), but now it has improved and is not on the bad DO schools list.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I got accepted on 3/23. I sent my registration form to the email on Monday since the deadline to receive the deposit and form is on 4/7. I have not gotten a reply to the email I sent yet and I was wondering if they usually reply to emails sending in the registration form or can I assume that my registration form was received? Also, my check should be delivered to the address today. Will I get any email confirming that the deposit has been received or I need to send an email to Martha tomorrow to confirm the receipt of my deposit and form?
This is my first acceptance, so I don't know how this works and I would not want to lose my acceptance here lol.

Hi, I got accepted on 3/23. I sent my registration form to the email on Monday since the deadline to receive the deposit and form is on 4/7. I have not gotten a reply to the email I sent yet and I was wondering if they usually reply to emails sending in the registration form or can I assume that my registration form was received? Also, my check should be delivered to the address today. Will I get any email confirming that the deposit has been received or I need to send an email to Martha tomorrow to confirm the receipt of my deposit and form?
This is my first acceptance, so I don't know how this works and I would not want to lose my acceptance here lol.
Don't worry, I felt the same as you.

Martha will send you an email confirming that the school has received your deposit and will send a receipt of the deposit to confirm your reserved spot. You can also call Martha if you wanna ask whether they have received it and if you are clear. Here is the phone number:
601-318-6385.

It used to be really bad in terms of high attrition rates like 4-5 years ago (not sure), but now it has improved and is not on the bad DO schools list.
I second this... the DO school(or even MD school) you go to ultimately has very little to do with how YOU do and match..

Don't worry, I felt the same as you.

Martha will send you an email confirming that the school has received your deposit and will send a receipt of the deposit to confirm your reserved spot. You can also call Martha if you wanna ask whether they have received it and if you are clear. Here is the phone number:
601-318-6385.
Okay, thank you so much!

• Love
Is this class full ? I am wondering how long the alternative list is ? Anyone have any info ?

Going to be withdrawing my acceptance from here! Good luck to all of you!! I hope everyone gets to where they're meant to be.

Last edited:
was put on the alternative list today. Does anyone know generally how likely it is to get off that list ?

I feel like pretty high. Major WL movement happens at a lot of school in May and June and as people drop their acceptance at WCUCOM for other schools seats will open up
thank you !! Is there generally a difference between WL, Alternative list and the deferred list ? Or do they all mean the same thing

how long do you guys think the turnover is between interview invite and decision? I see some posts that it has been as fast as a day but has it been longer for anyone?

how long do you guys think the turnover is between interview invite and decision? I see some posts that it has been as fast as a day but has it been longer for anyone?
When was your interview ? It is usually every wednesday

I think my turn around was a little over a week.

yes wednesday! so ill probably hear back next wednesday then?
I know some people who interviewed on a wed and heard back on the same day. But I don't think that is the case for everyone. Most likely they just havent gotten to your application review to make a decision. I am sure you will hear back next Wednesday about the result.

Withdrew my spot today. Best of luck to who ever gets it!

Accepted yesterday ! Really love the schools culture and friendliness. Will be attending :) Cannot wait to meet everyone in August.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I feel like its been mentioned before but I can't find it in a previous thread.
Can we call the office of admissions and will they tell us where we're at on the waitlist?

Can we call the office of admissions and will they tell us where we're at on the waitlist?
When I was preparing for the interview, I went thru the past 2 year SDN threads for this school, and I recall people did call the admissions office to know more about the waitlist.

I was on the waitlist as well. I emailed Dr.Weir about my ranking and he got back to me swiftly saying I was in the top 5 ranking. You should reach out to know about your ranking.

I was on the waitlist as well. I emailed Dr.Weir about my ranking and he got back to me swiftly saying I was in the top 5 ranking. You should reach out to know about your ranking.
How long did it take for Dr. Weir to get back to you? I emailed yesterday morning and I still haven't gotten a response.

How long did it take for Dr. Weir to get back to you? I emailed yesterday morning and I still haven't gotten a response.
Less than an hour. If he has still not responded, give him a call.

Anybody got tips for the interview?
All the questions were literally straight from the list here on SDN- tell me a leadership experience, what r 2 qualities of a good physician, what would u do if u were the only other doctor in town and you were called to testify against another Dr for malpractice? Good luck!

All the questions were literally straight from the list here on SDN- tell me a leadership experience, what r 2 qualities of a good physician, what would u do if u were the only other doctor in town and you were called to testify against another Dr for malpractice? Good luck!
I agree with this advice.

They asked me for 3 qualities, so have like 3-4 prepared just in case.

II today! Anyone know if class is full?
most likely not if they are still interviewing, and I think ppl will leave spots once May 15 comes around

got the A! Beyond excited and can't wait to meet everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the decision email. Alternate list (same thing as a waitlist?). Honestly, with how I felt immediately after the interview, it's a whole lot better than I thought I was going to do lol

Just got the decision email. Alternate list (same thing as a waitlist?). Honestly, with how I felt immediately after the interview, it's a whole lot better than I thought I was going to do lol
I also got put on the alternate list as well. From what I've read its the same as the waitlist. I asked Dr. Weir and he said it was ranked and gave me my ranking on the list.