2021-2022 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take for the COM to send you your official acceptance letter packet? When they notified me that I was accepted I received an email saying that more info would be sent within the next week. It's now been almost 3wks since my acceptance. Has this happened to anyone else?
They’ve sent the initial acceptance email a few days after my call back in October, and then another one with instructions on how to accept the offer and seat deposit info about a week or close to two weeks ago. But I’m still waiting/hoping to get like a formal packet in the mail or something. Ik it’s not much but hope this helps and congrats!!! hope to see you there :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here get an early II but a late interview date? I got the II early september but was scheduled for a mid december interview day.

Anyone here get an early II but a late interview date? I got the II early september but was scheduled for a mid december interview day.
I did! I got the offer in september and I have my interview this week. I havent received a further information email yet, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got A today at 6pm est and a follow up email soon after. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! It's worth the wait.

Reactions: 2 users
I also got the acceptance call yesterday🤩 Could not be more excited, good luck to everyone waiting!

I just got in today off the hold list!! Wanted people to know that there is hope for others on hold list

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
How quick is the turnaround for admission decisions after interviews for regular decision applicants?

How quick is the turnaround for admission decisions after interviews for regular decision applicants?
They release decisions the last Tuesday of every month so it depends on when you interview that month. It could be a little over 3 weeks or less than a week depending on if you interview at the beginning or end of that month

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hows everyone who interviewed this month feeling with tuesday coming up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call about 30 minutes ago, so excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting/interviewing here!

Anyone else get the call today or gotten an email about the WL?

Have any OOS people gotten an II or A yet or are they just interviewing instate kids so far?

I'm planning on applying this summer to MUSC. I know USC-columbia asks for state ties - does anyone know if MUSC does too?
If they do, what constitutes a "strong" tie?
Mine are that my grandparents live in Columbia and my uncle went to med school at MUSC, is that strong enough?
Just trying not to waste an application.

I'm planning on applying this summer to MUSC. I know USC-columbia asks for state ties - does anyone know if MUSC does too?
If they do, what constitutes a "strong" tie?
Mine are that my grandparents live in Columbia and my uncle went to med school at MUSC, is that strong enough?
Just trying not to waste an application.
Is your MCAT at their average? Because I read on their website they dont consider OOS if they arent at their average.

Anyone who has interviewed here want to DM me information about interview day?

Anyone know how acceptances get released for students on hold? Is it still the last tuesdays of the month or are they released whenever?

Anyone know how acceptances get released for students on hold? Is it still the last tuesdays of the month or are they released whenever?
Pretty sure it’s the last Tuesday when all the other As go out for that month

Does anyone have any idea how the median mcat for accepted students is looking this year? I know last year it jumped from 508 to 512 for IS, so I was wondering if its still elevated at a 512 or if its come down closer to what its historically been

Does anyone have any idea how the median mcat for accepted students is looking this year? I know last year it jumped from 508 to 512 for IS, so I was wondering if its still elevated at a 512 or if its come down closer to what its historically been
I talked to a member of the admission’s committee and they said that last year the MCAT average of matriculates was closer to their traditional average of 510 rather that ~513 once those with higher MCATs gave up their seats. I haven’t heard anything about the average for this year though.

Reactions: 1 users
I am interviewing this Friday (last Friday of the month) but my third outside interviewer can not meet until next week. Has that happened to anyone else? Will I not be considered until the February month instead of January if my third interview is not complete?

I am interviewing this Friday (last Friday of the month) but my third outside interviewer can not meet until next week. Has that happened to anyone else? Will I not be considered until the February month instead of January if my third interview is not complete?
From my understanding, they wont consider you until all your interview scores are in, so it looks like you won't hear a decision until the end of February unfortunately. If the interviewer can't interview you before the date they said to have it done by, I'm sure you could reach out to admissions about it and they potentially would want to assign you to an interviewer who can interview you before they meet on Tuesday

Would anyone that has gotten into musc mind sharing their stats with me? Dm is totally fine!

So, tomorrow is the only shot this month for an A? Even for applicants on hold?

So, tomorrow is the only shot this month for an A? Even for applicants on hold?
Yeah it’s the only time they are meeting this month and then the next time they meet will be at the end of February. The official waitlist will be released on April 14th

Good luck today guys

Radio silence so far

got the call!! I was taken off hold!! interviewed & placed on hold in Nov so this was unexpected today
the day they were supposed to call after my interview, I didn't get the on hold email until almost 8pm!
its not over till its over!

got the call!! I was taken off hold!! interviewed & placed on hold in Nov so this was unexpected today
the day they were supposed to call after my interview, I didn't get the on hold email until almost 8pm!
its not over till its over!
Congrats! Did you do anything from your hold to now? Like send updates etc?