2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats future physician!
Hey! Going to be honest, never thought I would make an SDN account but I got my first acceptance late last night and I don't know who else to tell but my SDN buddies :cryi:

For a little bit of background, I've taken the MCAT 6 times and been through three application cycles with only one interview last cycle. Was able to raise my MCAT to a 507 this time around and received 7 interviews and was on the waitlist at a couple of other schools. I had my first interview with Meharry 1/14 and the MMI 1/23. Accepted late last night and tears immediately filled my eyes as I told my parents. Unreal.. Absolutely unreal feeling.

But I just wanted to say to someone who reads this, keep trying. I almost gave up on this dream, but now I'm happier than I've ever been. Thanks for all your kind words and tips over the cycles and good luck going forward! Let me know if you have any questions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Going to be honest, never thought I would make an SDN account but I got my first acceptance late last night and I don't know who else to tell but my SDN buddies :cryi:

For a little bit of background, I've taken the MCAT 6 times and been through three application cycles with only one interview last cycle. Was able to raise my MCAT to a 507 this time around and received 7 interviews and was on the waitlist at a couple of other schools. I had my first interview with Meharry 1/14 and the MMI 1/23. Accepted late last night and tears immediately filled my eyes as I told my parents. Unreal.. Absolutely unreal feeling.

But I just wanted to say to someone who reads this, keep trying. I almost gave up on this dream, but now I'm happier than I've ever been. Thanks for all your kind words and tips over the cycles and good luck going forward! Let me know if you have any questions.
Congrats!! When was your 2° Submitted?

Extended an interview invite for round one next week

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any tips for the MMI interview? I have mine coming up soon. Already completed my traditional.

As y’all receive interviews, can you please state when your 2°s were submitted?

Yes, please. I second this question. Any advice?
Any tips for the MMI interview? I have mine coming up soon. Already completed my traditional.
When did you guys complete your first interview if you don't mind me asking? I interviewed about 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear about scheduling my second one

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you guys complete your first interview if you don't mind me asking? I interviewed about 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear about scheduling my second one
In November. So I waited a long time. Had to keep emailing to ask them what was taking so long. But I think with people who have interviewed more recently, they have better turn around times for 2nd interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I concur with the above statement. I interviewed here recently and was given the option to have both interviews scheduled on the same day, back to back.

• Hmm
I concur with the above statement. I interviewed here recently and was given the option to have both interviews scheduled on the same day, back to back.
you were given that option beforehand? They just started asking you MMI questions at the end of your traditional interview

Any current student here I can pm to further gain insight on the school.

Accepted! Got the A an hour ago! Interviewed last week and stats are in my signature!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
you were given that option beforehand? They just started asking you MMI questions at the end of your traditional interview
I apologize for the confusion. On the day I was extended the invitation to the traditional interview, I was also emailed by another individual from their admissions department to schedule the MMI. They each offered me a range of dates and I chose to have them on the same day about an hour apart.

A yesterday through email!
Complete 9/30
First interview 1/22
Second interview 1/29
Acceptance 1/31

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Got the A! Is there an accepted students group me or anything?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from mid-late January interviews? Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

Anyone get searched up on LinkedIn by someone at the school?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
It seems there are random waves of acceptances, does anyone know when the next wave is? Has anyone gotten pre II or post II Rejections or knows anyone who has?

I have two friends who are M1s there who interviewed the first week of June. Don't worry but also be very patient if you wanna go to Meharry. They will put you through it😂
Were they regular applicants or did they go through the post bac program the school offers?

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from mid-late January interviews? Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

I had my second interview on 1/12 and I'm still waiting on a response. It's driving me insane!

I had my second interview on 1/12 and I'm still waiting on a response. It's driving me insane!
Same completed both interviews in January and still have not heard back, wish we knew a timeframe to hear back.

Did anyone's second interview email explicitly state it was an MMI or was it assumed since it was your second interview invite?

Is anyone else dying of suspense and frantically checking their emails?😅😅

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
big mood. I have the portal bookmarked lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
For those people that have been accepted, may you post a link to an image of what your portal now looks like? Make sure to black out PII! I appreciate the help!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A earlier today. Is there anyone that can DM me the accepted students GroupMe link?

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Just got the A earlier today. Is there anyone that can DM me the accepted students GroupMe link?
Congratulations to you future MD! I also just got the A earlier and would like this link as well please. My best wishes for all those in the process

• Love
Reactions: 9 users