You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi i actually asked in my interview yesterday and they don't accept updatesDoes anyone know if Meharry accepts update letters?
D
deleted906592
anyone with a complete date in December hear back yet?
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were they regular applicants or did they go through the post bac program the school offers?
Both were regular applicants. Although, one did the MHS program and then had a gap year and reapply.
drstrange0_0
New Member
Are there any current, past, or future students who are interested in doing an MD/PhD program here that do not mind me asking them some questions?
Congratulations to those that have been accepted!!!
Has anybody gotten an II that was complete on or after 10/20? Just trying to gauge where they're at in the review process. Thanks 🙂
Has anybody gotten an II that was complete on or after 10/20? Just trying to gauge where they're at in the review process. Thanks 🙂
Did anyone receive an II this month?
seems like there haven't been any II recently.Congratulations to those that have been accepted!!!
Has anybody gotten an II that was complete on or after 10/20? Just trying to gauge where they're at in the review process. Thanks 🙂
Also, I don't think they interview based on complete date. I've seen people complete after me get II, while I have not.
I did, I got II 2/1Did anyone receive an II this month?
hey! dm me! there is an official link that they sent out in an email! i can add you if they didn't send it to you yet.Hey guys! I was unsure if there was an accepted students GroupMe so I started one. I know it is pretty early for Meharry in the interview process and there may not be a lot of accepted/committed students, but feel free to message me for the link to join if you have already made that decision!
- Cheers
ooooohhh!! Thanks for this!seems like there haven't been any II recently.
Also, I don't think they interview based on complete date. I've seen people complete after me get II, while I have not.
coppercorn
Full Member
Screw a Valentine. I really want some love from Meharry this week. This silence ain’t it.
Same. Need that II soonScrew a Valentine. I really want some love from Meharry this week. This silence ain’t it.
Medjunkie876
Full Member
I agree, I feel like the waiting game is almost as stressful as studying for the MCAT. I am hoping we hear back soon, my nerves are wrecked lolScrew a Valentine. I really want some love from Meharry this week. This silence ain’t it.
Right!? I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back from MeharryScrew a Valentine. I really want some love from Meharry this week. This silence ain’t it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have completed my application in October, since then I have had another recommendation letter but still have not received a secondary let alone an II. I was wondering if it's possible to receive II without secondary?
They accepted mine when I sent one in December and sent me an email saying they would add it to my file.Does anyone know if Meharry accepts update letters?
Wait really?! I thought they didn't accept updates (was this after an interview or before)?They accepted mine when I sent one in December and sent me an email saying they would add it to my file.
did you send it to the admissions email? Also, did you get the automated reply or any other reply?I sent my update before an II and there was no confirmation as to whether they received it or not, but I received an II shortly after.
congrats!! mind sharing stats?Just got an II today! Does anyone have any tips? It’s a traditional interview
What did you include in your update? And who did you send it to?did you send it to the admissions email? Also, did you get the automated reply or any other reply?
I just checked again, turns out I did receive the automated reply but no official response. I sent it to the admissions email yes.did you send it to the admissions email? Also, did you get the automated reply or any other reply?
Sent it to the admissions email and talked about a new research position. I focused more on the patient interactions it provided more than I did the research itself though!What did you include in your update? And who did you send it to?
premed424
Full Member
Thank you!! 506, cgpa 3.7xcongrats!! mind sharing stats?
This was the response from them (doesn’t seem automated) and it was before interview but I have no II from them.Wait really?! I thought they didn't accept updates (was this after an interview or before)?
Good morning, (my name).
Thank you for your continued interest in Meharry Medical College and for contacting the Office of Admissions & Recruitment. This is to confirm receipt of your email.
Thank you for your application update. At this time, your application is still under review. You will receive a notification from our office as additional status updates become available.
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
Accepted this morning.
Interviewed in January
Interviewed in January
Congrats!!Accepted this morning.
Interviewed in January
mbfuturedoctor2021
Full Member
Congrats! What are your stats?Accepted this morning.
Interviewed in January
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have been asking, I emailed admissions today & they told me they do not accept update letters.
i hate how they are accepting some (based on above)?For those who have been asking, I emailed admissions today & they told me they do not accept update letters.
Their exact words are "Thanks so much for reaching. Due to the high number of applicants, we do not accept update letters."i hate how they are accepting some (based on above)?
Maybe they just don't want to deal with a large amount of updates so they say they don't accept them, but if you send one anyways they'll take it lol.
premed424
Full Member
They sent me the SAME exact email last week when I asked. Haha I agree if you’re gonna send one just send it and see what happens, sounds like it won’t hurt.Their exact words are "Thanks so much for reaching. Due to the high number of applicants, we do not accept update letters."
Maybe they just don't want to deal with a large amount of updates so they say they don't accept them, but if you send one anyways they'll take it lol.
D
deleted979079
Did anyone send an update letter prior to receiving an interview? I know Meharry's cycle runs late so there is still a chance to get an interview.
They say they don’t take update letters or interest lettersDid anyone send an update letter prior to receiving an interview? I know Meharry's cycle runs late so there is still a chance to get an interview.
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance just now. hope it goes to one of you deserving people
Anyone still hoping for an II? 😅🙃
Medjunkie876
Full Member
lol it's been radio silence on this end as well. My email refresh button despises me. But, I heard they interviewed up until June 2 years ago. So there is still hope.Anyone still hoping for an II? 😅🙃
futuredoc345
Full Member
don't worry they are still going out, people i know got some today actually. so check today and next tuesday ( if they are not on spring break)Anyone still hoping for an II? 😅🙃
How do you check?don't worry they are still going out, people i know got some today actually. so check today and next tuesday ( if they are not on spring break)
futuredoc345
Full Member
they send an email outHow do you check?
southernbellepremed
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed mid February heard back yet? What’s the turn around time? I’m getting anxious 😭
Interviewed mid-feb as well and have not heard back yet. Pretty nervous as well! I asked my interviewer about estimate timeline, they said sometime in March the decision will be given; not exactly sure what day or week.Has anyone who interviewed mid February heard back yet? What’s the turn around time? I’m getting anxious 😭
Someone asked about the dorm on campus and I figured I'd share what I told them with everyone here.
Dorothy Brown is the dorm. Here's the rundown of each dorm room: bedroom, bathroom, and main living/kitchen area. The furniture is old and not the best, but it's doable. Love seat and a table in the living area. The table can seat 4, but there's only one chair. Kitchenette has a full size fridge, two burners, a microwave, a sink, and some counter space. The bedroom has a twin bed, two nightstands, and two desks with chairs. Two small closets in there as well. Two windows, one in the main room and one in the bedroom, both with blinds but no curtain rods. I forgot to ask about the bathroom, but in Towers (1-bedroom), it's a standalone sink, tub and shower, toilet, and a small vanity mirror. So it'll either be the same as that or slightly less.
Dorothy itself is 3 floors, no elevator. Laundry room in the basement and all the machines are about to be replaced with machines controlled from an app. If the prices stay the same, it'll be $1.50 wash and $1.00 dry. There is a study room in the building. No pets allowed (I'm not sure if that goes for service/emotional support animals as well--those are allowed in Towers for sure). There's a small hill to walk from Dorothy to the main campus buildings. Mail is not taken to Dorothy and has to be picked up in the mailroom on campus (not a far walk from Dorothy). $575/month, utilities included. Wifi isn't great, but they're in the process of replacing on-campus wifi so we'll see.
I'll post about Towers in a separate one.
Dorothy Brown is the dorm. Here's the rundown of each dorm room: bedroom, bathroom, and main living/kitchen area. The furniture is old and not the best, but it's doable. Love seat and a table in the living area. The table can seat 4, but there's only one chair. Kitchenette has a full size fridge, two burners, a microwave, a sink, and some counter space. The bedroom has a twin bed, two nightstands, and two desks with chairs. Two small closets in there as well. Two windows, one in the main room and one in the bedroom, both with blinds but no curtain rods. I forgot to ask about the bathroom, but in Towers (1-bedroom), it's a standalone sink, tub and shower, toilet, and a small vanity mirror. So it'll either be the same as that or slightly less.
Dorothy itself is 3 floors, no elevator. Laundry room in the basement and all the machines are about to be replaced with machines controlled from an app. If the prices stay the same, it'll be $1.50 wash and $1.00 dry. There is a study room in the building. No pets allowed (I'm not sure if that goes for service/emotional support animals as well--those are allowed in Towers for sure). There's a small hill to walk from Dorothy to the main campus buildings. Mail is not taken to Dorothy and has to be picked up in the mailroom on campus (not a far walk from Dorothy). $575/month, utilities included. Wifi isn't great, but they're in the process of replacing on-campus wifi so we'll see.
I'll post about Towers in a separate one.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are two other housing options on campus, all apartments. Royal Towers and Morena Place A/B (separate buildings). They are also building another one, but I don't know when it will be done. Towers is the most affordable on campus, then Morena, then the new one will be more.Someone asked about the dorm on campus and I figured I'd share what I told them with everyone here.
Dorothy Brown is the dorm. There's basically three rooms in each unit/dorm: bedroom, bathroom, and main living/kitchen area. The furniture is old and not the best, but it's doable. Love seat and a table in the living area. The table can seat 4, but there's only one chair. Kitchenette has a full size fridge, two burners, a microwave, a sink, and some counter space. The bedroom has a twin bed, two nightstands, and two desks with chairs. Two small closets in there as well. Two windows, one in the main room and one in the bedroom, both with blinds but no curtain rods. I forgot to ask about the bathroom, but in Towers (1-bedroom), it's a standalone sink, tub and shower, toilet, and a small vanity mirror. So it'll either be the same as that or slightly less.
Dorothy itself is 3 floors, no elevator. Laundry room in the basement and all the machines are about to be replaced with machines controlled from an app. If the prices stay the same, it'll be $1.50 wash and $1.00 dry. There is a study room in the building. No pets allowed (I'm not sure if that goes for service/emotional support animals as well--those are allowed in Towers for sure). There's a small hill to walk from Dorothy to the main campus buildings. Mail is not taken to Dorothy and has to be picked up in the mailroom on campus (not a far walk from Dorothy). $575/month, utilities included. Wifi isn't great, but they're in the process of replacing on-campus wifi so we'll see.
I'll post about Towers in a separate one.
Towers has 1 and 2-bedroom options. I live in the one bedroom. I measured the dimensions when I moved in so I could share with prospective residents. Bear in mind I am not a professional, but this is as close as I could get. So baseline, there's a bedroom, bathroom, study area, kitchen, and living room. Carpet everywhere except kitchen and bathroom. Full wall windows in the bedroom and living area with blinds, no curtain rods. Window unit AC/heat in the living area and the bedroom. Living area is 11.83ft x 12.25. Kitchen has a good amount of counter space, lots of cabinet space, sink, full fridge, dishwasher, stovetop, and oven. Dimensions of the kitchen are 10.5 x 7. The study area is 5 x 5, no desk so you'd have to bring/buy that. Bathroom is 8 x 5, with a bath and shower, toilet, standalone sink, and a small vanity mirror. Bedroom is 11 x 10.33 with a modest closet. $675/month, but you have to pay electric. Laundry rooms on floors 2-5.
I've only seen the 2-bedroom, but slightly smaller living room to make space for the other bedroom, longer hallway, and the study area is a bit bigger, but everything else is similar.
Morena is the newest, built in 2012 or 2014 I think. Hardwood floors, granite countertops, new appliances. There's bar seating for the kitchen countertop but no chairs provided. Large study area with built-in desk. walk in closet with in-unit washer/dryer. Good sized bathroom with under sink storage. Some units have balconies or terraces. Bedroom and living area. Parking is gated.
Hope this was helpful! If you have more questions, I can try to ask around and get some intel.
Last edited:
mbfuturedoctor2021
Full Member
do they only send out IIs on tuesdays?don't worry they are still going out, people i know got some today actually. so check today and next tuesday ( if they are not on spring break)
southernbellepremed
Full Member
A this morning! Interviewed mid February!
Congrats! What was your interview dates?A this morning! Interviewed mid February!