2021-2022 Meharry

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
email them and ask. It sounds like an invitation but I could be wrong
Not sure but I didn’t even apply and the email said thanks for applying to it
i think its an invitation! if i remember correctly for when my friend did their program, its like the automatically consider you and use the information from your application.
 
i think its an invitation! if i remember correctly for when my friend did their program, its like the automatically consider you and use the information from your application.
so does that mean if we got the email, we are rejected from Meharry medical school??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats something you would have to email admissions and ask. Only they will know for sure what the status of your application is.
I emailed so let's see if they reply. But I had emailed about the general status of my application like three weeks ago and they never replied... so idk
 
Anyone know if Meharry has mandatory lectures?
I'm like 90% sure atleast most of the classes are mandatory. I remember a student posting earlier in the forum.

The academic manual also says that being absent 20% of the time will result in a letter grade drop.
 
For those who have been accepted, CONGRATULATIONS! Did you all do your 3rd panel interview with the medical students before or after your acceptance?
 
I can't find a way to see the status of my application here. The main website tells me to view my checklist using the link provided but it just takes me to another website with no info. Anyone know where I can go to check?
 
I can't find a way to see the status of my application here. The main website tells me to view my checklist using the link provided but it just takes me to another website with no info. Anyone know where I can go to check?
there is no way to check your status from ApplyWeb. When they review your file they will send you an email
 
Anyone know if Meharry has mandatory lectures?
To answer the question about mandatory classes, technically they're all mandatory, but they only take attendance for the small group classes and clinical skills (along with some other random stuff here and there). Most of us don't go to lecture because they're recorded and streamed on Blackboard.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't mind at all. First time applicant
Undergrad GPA- 3.1
Master's GPA- 3.4
MCAT- 500

Pretty good Extra curriculars/Clinical experience: Scribe x 2 years, ABA therapist for children with Autism x 1.5 years, Research experience x 1.5 years , President of my sorority, President of my college's pre-health club, participated in SMDEP (now SHPEP) in 2016, college cheerleader, and a significant amount of volunteer hours in an free health care clinic in an underserved area
 
I don't mind at all. First time applicant
Undergrad GPA- 3.1
Master's GPA- 3.4
MCAT- 500

Pretty good Extra curriculars/Clinical experience: Scribe x 2 years, ABA therapist for children with Autism x 1.5 years, Research experience x 1.5 years , President of my sorority, President of my college's pre-health club, participated in SMDEP (now SHPEP) in 2016, college cheerleader, and a significant amount of volunteer hours in an free health care clinic in an underserved area
When were you complete
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there is no such thing of "sure of acceptance". people exceed that GPA and don't get in and people get below and do get in. There aren't any

guarantees when applying to medical school or it would be easy 🙂
Tht means it doesn't make sense if that be the case because they should abide by tht requirement