2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I emailed admissions yesterday asking if they were sending interview invites and this was what they said.

"Thank you for your email & continued interest in PCOM! Your application is complete & in the queue for committee review; the committee is continuing to review applications."

Not sure how long they will be reviewing applications, but just wanted to share

Reactions: 3 users
Well that's a game changer! Could you tell me what you emailed to them exactly? I'm just confused why they are not being transparent
I said : “I was interested in finding out if interview invitations are still being sent out, or if this application cycle has officially ended. I look forward to hearing from you and I thank you for your time and consideration.”

And I titled the email application status inquiry, so I think that’s why I was told my application is in the queue to being reviewed

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today - interviewed 3/29

Reactions: 1 user
waitlisted - 03/30 II. hopefully we have some movement soon!

Waitlisted (for the third time) - 4/15 Interview. Ugh this process is brutal

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted yesterday. Fingers crossed we all see fast movement 🤞🏻

Hey guys! Interviewed 4/13 and was placed on the waitlist 5/5 and then 5/6 was accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Is there an accepted students facebook group or group chat of any sort? I tried looking through the forum but couldn't find anything.

Groupme:

Here’s the groupme link!
You're invited to my new group 'PCOM PHL DO 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Facebook:

Search PCOM-Philly DO Class of 2026

so my friends, are interviews over? :mad::(

• Okay...
Withdrawing my A from the Philly campus. I know there has been a slew of WLs recently so hopefully this can bump one of you to an A! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Are people still getting accepted from the waitlist via the portal? Or are they now calling people?

• Hmm
Are people still getting accepted from the waitlist via the portal? Or are they now calling people?

I’m curious to hear what others say about this too

I thought they only did portal exclusively but I saw some people write they got called?

When you get accepted PCOM portal usually shows a deposit requirement in your application requirements in the portal first.
Then it will show an update on your home page in the portal.
Then you will receive an email to check the portal the day after.
Then a letter in the mail.

If you look at last years forum as well the last person to get off the waitlist was in orientation week august 5th. Just stay hopeful and enjoy the break.
Ps: always have a plan B

I withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of your amazing people

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
When you get accepted PCOM portal usually shows a deposit requirement in your application requirements in the portal first.
Then it will show an update on your home page in the portal.
Then you will receive an email to check the portal the day after.
Then a letter in the mail.
Wow, as if this process wasn't stressful enough, we now have to look for mystery clues on our portal to indicate that we are accepted!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Wow, as if this process wasn't stressful enough, we now have to look for mystery clues on our portal to indicate that we are accepted. Thats crazy, they should really fix this

It’s not really that bad most schools do the same … updates on portal come a day before the acceptance email

Just gave up my WL seat! Goodluck everyone !

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
2 weeks of no waitlist movement ! Has anyone heard back ?

Reactions: 5 users

I believe any accepted students during 5/1-5/15 would need to submit a deposit within two weeks (based on the online deadlines). This means that 5/29 should hypothetically be the last day for any of those accepted students to decide.

We’ve seen at least one other person in this sub so far deny the acceptance so they’re probably waiting for committee meeting or maybe someone isn’t posting acceptance as they’re coming out.

Regardless, starting 5/15, any accepted people would need to do a deposit immediately.

I guess we will all see and wait (more so the latter).

I'm not sure there's any mystery. I got an email saying check the portal for your admissions decision, and then I checked the portal and it said you're accepted and there was a literal confetti animation.
Was just offering some comedic relief in this process LOL, hope we all see the confetti soon!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully the committee is just super busy rn bc the DO class of 2022 commencement is next week. Hoping for waitlist movement next week 🤞

• Care
When is the last day for someone from the WL group can be given an acceptance?

The last person to get off the waitlist last year was august 5th

My son was accepted elsewhere and has pulled his name off the PCOM waitlist. Good luck to all of you. The passion of everyone on here and their hard work towards gaining acceptance to either MD or DO schools is exemplary. Hope you all are successful in the end. My kid got one interview his first year and this year was on 8 waiting lists and ended up getting 3 acceptances. Keep the faith!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users