2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else's portal update after paying to "PCOM has received your CASPA fee waiver for this application cycle and has applied your waiver to your PCOM institutional fee"? This appeared on the South Georgia portal after I payed the fee through the PA tab. I don't even know what CASPA is lol
I had to google this but "CASPA or the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants is an application service for graduate-level PA programs". Hmm?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally! Now to wait forever again for a decision!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think they have already started looking at applications before this secondary? The interview/acceptance timeline they gave in the email seemed to not account for the delay in secondary (ie interviews starting in September)

Did anyone else's portal update after paying to "PCOM has received your CASPA fee waiver for this application cycle and has applied your waiver to your PCOM institutional fee"? This appeared on the South Georgia portal after I payed the fee through the PA tab. I don't even know what CASPA is lol
Mine says this too. But it shows up on my PCOM-PA tab, after I paid the PCOM-GA fee. I know they said in the secondary email, that PCOM-GA requires a separate fee than PCOM-PA/South GA, so I'm thinking this is a mistake. I've emailed them to ask!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE are the champions of patience. Let's get it!

Reactions: 2 users
Payment complete for secondary ✔️
Wait a 1000 years for another update :1whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think they have already started looking at applications before this secondary? The interview/acceptance timeline they gave in the email seemed to not account for the delay in secondary (ie interviews starting in September)
I JUST asked one of the PCOM adcom members who visited my campus today, and asked if they were still reviewing in order of primary application submission. She gave me a "yes, kinda" answer. Apparently they have batches of apps they look at together, and specific committee members go over applicants who have certain similarities, e.g. they have a DO letter (not a requirement), or they're from a certain program, or they're in state, or did this extracurricular, etc. It almost sounded like it was the choice of the member to choose what criteria to look at? But all people in that batch get looked at the same time or thereabouts for interview selection.

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else waiting for only PCOM-PA to receive their MCAT score?

I JUST asked one of the PCOM adcom members who visited my campus today, and asked if they were still reviewing in order of primary application submission. She gave me a "yes, kinda" answer. Apparently they have batches of apps they look at together, and specific committee members go over applicants who have certain similarities, e.g. they have a DO letter (not a requirement), or they're from a certain program, or they're in state, or did this extracurricular, etc. It almost sounded like it was the choice of the member to choose what criteria to look at? But all people in that batch get looked at the same time or thereabouts for interview selection.
Thanks for that insight!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else waiting for only PCOM-PA to receive their MCAT score?
I emailed them bc it seems that they got my old MCAT score but not my newer one from last year. Didn't realize more people had this problem.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them bc it seems that they got my old MCAT score but not my newer one from last year. Didn't realize more people had this
I emailed them bc it seems that they got my old MCAT score but not my newer one from last year. Didn't realize more people had this problem.
Same here, although my old ones show as expired.

Reactions: 1 users
They got 2 of my old ones. But then I still have a check mark for received so I'm assuming they also got the one that's not expired.

They got 2 of my old ones. But then I still have a check mark for received so I'm assuming they also got the one that's not expired.
Thats the case for Georgia and for South Georgia, but for PA still says not received. Just gotta wait a bit more i guess

I paid the fee.. but I can’t see any update about my application status? All it says is “Thank you for applying to PCOM. You will be able to view information about your application status… in this portal.” Am I missing something because I don’t see any app status?? I’m just worried I’m not “complete”

I qualified for the AACOMAS fee waiver but the application portal is still asking for the application fee. Is anyone else also dealing with this?

I had to google this but "CASPA or the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants is an application service for graduate-level PA programs". Hmm?
Yeah I was confused. And now it says in PCOM-SG portal: "PCOM has received your fee waiver for this application cycle and has applied your waiver to your PCOM institutional fee." instead of the CASPA message. Maybe they were updating some stuff? It did say that the $75 fee was for both PA and SG, so maybe that's how they apply it to both?

Mine says this too. But it shows up on my PCOM-PA tab, after I paid the PCOM-GA fee. I know they said in the secondary email, that PCOM-GA requires a separate fee than PCOM-PA/South GA, so I'm thinking this is a mistake. I've emailed them to ask!
Thank you! They were probably just updating some stuff in the portal and that showed up instead of "your fee has been paid" lol

Thank you! They were probably just updating some stuff in the portal and that showed up instead of "your fee has been paid" lol
I just went back into the portal, and the option to pay for the PCOM-PA fee was now listed. They must be working through the kinks throughout the day!

After the payment, anyone receive any confirmation of any sort that their application is now complete? Either via email or through the portal?

Maybe they mean it as it's not an MMI or group interview but a regular interview style?
My wife is an MS1 here now and this past 2020 cycle they had a virtual, panel-style interview. Confirmed by an adcom member who spoke at my school today, they are doing virtual interviews via Google Meet again this cycle so I would assume that it will be a similar format this year with each student being interviewed by a couple faculty/admission members and a student.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got a response about the MCAT situation. They are in the process of downloading MCATs and are asking to wait about a week for all scores to appear!

Just got a response about the MCAT situation. They are in the process of downloading MCATs and are asking to wait about a week for all scores to appear!
Thank you friend

• Care
Make sure you pay the $75 “secondary” fee. I didn’t realize this until February of last cycle lol 💀 I still got an II in April but then got rejected. I hope that doesn’t negatively impact me this cycle

Do they send out any other emails besides the payment email for confirmation that we have everything? I have all stuff listed as recieved and paid the fee, but now not sure if I am done or what to do next.

Do they send out any other emails besides the payment email for confirmation that we have everything? I have all stuff listed as recieved and paid the fee, but now not sure if I am done or what to do next.
In my past failed attempts at applying to PCOM, they did send out a conformation email acknowledging submission of the secondary app immediately after paying the fee. However, this was under the old application software they had (they recently updated it for this cycle), so I am not sure if they are sending more than a confirmation of payment. Their procedures for processing apps could have also changed for this cycle, but in the past they only sent out R emails after all seats were filled.

So while no news may seem like good news, if you have heard anything going into March/April then...RIP. ⚰️

Might wanna recheck today if you haven't. I only had 2 MCAT scores uploaded yesterday, but when I checked today; all 3 of mine were present.

Might wanna recheck today if you haven't. I only had 2 MCAT scores uploaded yesterday, but when I checked today; all 3 of mine were present.
Yep checked earlier today and they are all there!

Typically their system will only update one MCAT score and it can be the oldest one but if you have all scores reported to AACOMAS they will receive it in their weekly download. Once the fee is received they have to check your app for the required LOR's and this takes time. You may not receive another email and they have never sent a complete email so it is up to you to check your portal and if you have something next to all the required materials then you would be complete and sent for review. They work on a rubric so they may put in parameters of GPA, MCAT scores, colleges attended, etc. If you fall within those parameters you may be reviewed first. They get thousands more apps than the GA campuses so it is a lot more work there so you may be complete in GA before PA. Some of these may have been streamlined this year but what I just described has been the norm when I was involved with interviews. You should allow at least 15 business days before contacting them about any missing items. And that is business days!

So the portal says you can check your application status, but am I crazy or does it not show application status anywhere in the portal?

So the portal says you can check your application status, but am I crazy or does it not show application status anywhere in the portal?
it doesn't show any status when I checked as well. dont think thats available right now

it doesn't show any status when I checked as well. dont think thats available right now
The portal says that we will get notified via email of any decision, so I don't think it would show up on the portal at all.

This school only requires the $75 for secondary right? No other prompts or essay?