You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Caduceus117
Full Member
After scheduling my interview around a week ago, I got an email today saying that I was withdrawn according to my request, when I did not make any withdraw request. I am not sure if this is a phishing email or if my email account was hacked?
Please email us to rectify this issue.After scheduling my interview around a week ago, I got an email today saying that I was withdrawn according to my request, when I did not make any withdraw request. I am not sure if this is a phishing email or if my email account was hacked?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Asparaginedoc
Full Member
Just got invited to the “Diversity Open House”. Is it required to attend? Will this play any part in admissions?
They're completely independent from admissions. It's set up by student orgs.Just got invited to the “Diversity Open House”. Is it required to attend? Will this play any part in admissions?
mtarverdian
New Member
Hi everyone!
Has anyone received interview invites?
I’m super exited and anxious.
Has anyone received interview invites?
I’m super exited and anxious.
D
deleted1058345
Has Tucom filled most of their class already? I'm really hoping for an II here but I hit complete earlier this month mainly cuz I received the secondary so late :/. Also, any idea when the next wave of II might be send out?
Same...Has Tucom filled most of their class already? I'm really hoping for an II here but I hit complete earlier this month mainly cuz I received the secondary so late :/. Also, any idea when the next wave of II might be send out?
complete date? Congrats on the II!!!!II today! 512MCAT 3.5x GPA, IS
chip2014
Full Member
thank u! and I got the complete email on 10/20.complete date? Congrats on the II!!!!
Will my portal change in any way after receiving the complete email?
sameMine didn’t
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The class is not full yet, I was accepted 2 weeks ago, but declined the offer this week. So there's at least my spot 🙂Has Tucom filled most of their class already? I'm really hoping for an II here but I hit complete earlier this month mainly cuz I received the secondary so late :/. Also, any idea when the next wave of II might be send out?
Just got the A. Interviewed on the 11/30
datenshi
Full Member
Congratz!! 3-day turn around is soooo quick! Is it usually that quick?Just got the A. Interviewed on the 11/30
Maybe for this round of interviews? they said expect to get a response by 3pm todayCongratz!! 3-day turn around is soooo quick! Is it usually that quick?
datenshi
Full Member
Oh, I see! Alright, I have my interview this coming Tuesday (12/7), and a quick response from then would be idealMaybe for this round of interviews? they said expect to get a response by 3pm today
Usually we release acceptances every other week, except if there is a holiday (like last week - Thanksgiving).Oh, I see! Alright, I have my interview this coming Tuesday (12/7), and a quick response from then would be ideal
Hello Fellow Applicants! I'm wishing you all the best in your application cycle!
I'm worried that I just returned my supplemental application (took two weeks to write due to work commitments and an accelerated class I'm taking) and that it is already too late in the cycle. I'm really hoping I have a shot at this school since it's close to my family and I have ties to the region. 515 MCAT, 3.98 Graduate, 3.14 Ugraduate
Can anyone provide some insight?
I'm worried that I just returned my supplemental application (took two weeks to write due to work commitments and an accelerated class I'm taking) and that it is already too late in the cycle. I'm really hoping I have a shot at this school since it's close to my family and I have ties to the region. 515 MCAT, 3.98 Graduate, 3.14 Ugraduate
Can anyone provide some insight?
Last edited:
chip2014
Full Member
Oh okay, good to know! Would that mean that those interviewing on 12/6 or 12/7 would expect to hear back on 12/17 ?Usually we release acceptances every other week, except if there is a holiday (like last week - Thanksgiving).
Yes - Next decision release date will be Dec 17th.Oh okay, good to know! Would that mean that those interviewing on 12/6 or 12/7 would expect to hear back on 12/17 ?
Anyone else have advice on TUCOM's group interview? This is my first one in this format and I'm a bit nervous :/ Reviewing my app but curious as to whether the questions are a bit more general or are truly specific to everyone in the group? TIA!
you get questions specific to your app, a good way to prepare is to use the SDN interview feedback. That's what I used and it was more than enough for the interview. Goodluck!Anyone else have advice on TUCOM's group interview? This is my first one in this format and I'm a bit nervous :/ Reviewing my app but curious as to whether the questions are a bit more general or are truly specific to everyone in the group? TIA!
My questions were super specific! ie like lessons learned from one experience and how it translate to being a doctor. i think it depends on you application and if there is something unique or they need clarification on.
Biggest tip was it is your interview do not let what the other students say affect you. you do not need to one up them.
Biggest tip was it is your interview do not let what the other students say affect you. you do not need to one up them.
Thanks for the interview tips everyone! Had mine today and I think practicing those questions from SDN + knowing my app helped.
^ +1 to this! The questions were not too bad for me and we ended up having good discussion with a few!i think it depends on you application and if there is something unique or they need clarification on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the A via email!
chip2014
Full Member
+1 !Just got the A via email!
Best way to stay sane into the holidays with no II? lol
oof same, I feel you! Hope we get an II for our Christmas present <3Best way to stay sane into the holidays with no II? lol
Forget you applied LOLBest way to stay sane into the holidays with no II? lol
yes but they prefer a bunch of updates in one letter instead of many mini update letters.Do the Touro DO schools accept update letters?
premedsocal1998
New Member
Placed on WL :/ mcat 511 gpa 3.6
Do anyone/current students know if Touro offers financial aid and scholarships?
We do offer financial aid.Do anyone/current students know if Touro offers financial aid and scholarships?
orangezz98
Full Member
hi! just wondering if anyone knows when accepted student groupchat or facebook start going out? I heard late spring
An official Facebook group will be made in the spring for accepted students who have paid a deposit. It will be posted here when it's ready.hi! just wondering if anyone knows when accepted student groupchat or facebook start going out? I heard late spring
FabulousRegret
New Member
Is it considered too late to apply for the DO program even though the deadline is March 15?
Can we assume our prereqs are fulfilled given the first email that gave us a secondary? All the boxes are checked yes, but I had a weird case for my physics classes so I just wanted to make sure before emailing.
You can still apply and shoot your shot. You never know. 🙂Is it considered too late to apply for the DO program even though the deadline is March 15?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should be good. However, if your application is still not complete after submitting your secondary, you can reach out to us to check on the status of your application.Can we assume our prereqs are fulfilled given the first email that gave us a secondary? All the boxes are checked yes, but I had a weird case for my physics classes so I just wanted to make sure before emailing.
thank you for the reply! I was accepted last month, and I was just a bit paranoid about my prereqs. All the boxes are checked so I think I'm fine, but just wanted to confirm just in case since I really want to go here.You should be good. However, if your application is still not complete after submitting your secondary, you can reach out to us to check on the status of your application.
they send out an acceptance confirmation. i got mine the day after I submitted all the paperwork + paid the deposit.do we receive any sort of confirmation after taking the steps to reserve our seat for the class of 2026? @tucomadcom
chip2014
Full Member
what date did you do yours? I did mine almost two weeks ago and still haven’t received anythingthey send out an acceptance confirmation. i got mine the day after I submitted all the paperwork + paid the deposit.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 226
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 385
- Views
- 89K
- Replies
- 442
- Views
- 95K
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 145K