2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now :)
IS applicant, socal tho

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted! 504 MCAT, ~3.4GPA, URM, In-state

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little confused by the wording of the interview email, do they interview six candidates at once in the same room, or does that just mean that there around 6 candidates in one interview day?

I'm a little confused by the wording of the interview email, do they interview six candidates at once in the same room, or does that just mean that there around 6 candidates in one interview day?
They interview six candidates at once in the same room.

There’s a total of like 20 candidates on an interview day, and you’re divided into breakout rooms when it’s interview time.

How much is Touro-California's secondary app fee? Is it the same as Touro-Nevada, $100?

Accepted earlier today! Good luck to everyone! They get to you after you interview real quick!

Can any current students give any insight into the pre-matriculation requirements? Wondering about the timeline for stuff like the physical and immunizations requirement, or anything else that was required before starting. The only thing I have seen so far is an invite to an accepted students weekend in March. Still waiting to get added to the class email list.

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any current students that can answer a few questions that I have about TUCOM?

What time do decisions typically go out?

Last edited:
Super unfortunate that second look weekend got canceled because of rain and it isn’t even going to rain tomorrow. I had already flown up here before they cancelled it :(

Looking forward to meeting y’all some other time.

Reactions: 1 user
Super unfortunate that second look weekend got canceled because of rain and it isn’t even going to rain tomorrow. I had already flown up here before they cancelled it :(

Looking forward to meeting y’all some other time.
Yeah. The weather in the Bay has been super wonky recently, so it's understandable why they canceled. I'm sure there will be more opportunities to meet everyone! I hope you had a good time and got the opportunity to explore the Bay Area while you were up here!

Yeah. The weather in the Bay has been super wonky recently, so it's understandable why they canceled. I'm sure there will be more opportunities to meet everyone! I hope you had a good time and got the opportunity to explore the Bay Area while you were up here!
I have family up there, so it was a good visit still! Looking forward to getting to meet the rest of the class and get started with school, 12 year old me would be ashamed, but I am getting tired of playing video games lol.

Can anyone comment on the post II acceptance rate of this school?

Is there any listserv / FB page / group for accepted students?

Hello everyone! This account is run by students of the admissions team branch of the College of Osteopathic Medicine Student Executive Council (COMSEC). You may have seen this account post in old year threads, but it was discontinued for around a year.

Medical students play a major role in the admissions process at TUCOM. Every interview panel has a current medical student. That student's review is weighted equally to either of the other faculty's. There is also a student who is elected by the student body, and gets to sit on all admissions committee meetings as a voting member.

We will do our best to answer questions on this page, but please note we CANNOT give out specific information to your application (such as the status of your application, position on the WL, etc). We also ask you post your questions here publicly if they can at all relevant to the general applicant pool. That way we do not have to answer general questions multiple times, and people have access to previous answers whenever.

Please understand we are medical students, and are thus extremely busy. We may not be able to answer every question, especially in a timely manner.

Another amazing opportunity to ask questions regarding the School of Osteopathic Medicine is our WEEKLY TOURO TALKS, held on Wednesdays on zoom, from 12-1pm. It is an informal Q&A session staffed by at least one medical student, usually from our admissions team, and Lynn Huckle, the COM admissions administrator. It also frequently features the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs when she has time. Anyone is welcome, and you do NOT have to turn on your video or talk if you do not want to. Lynn may ask you to, but you can just respond in the chat that you are just listening in, if that is what you want to do. It is a great place to ask your questions and get real answers from the people directly involved in admissions!
Link is here Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
You can also access the link here Touro Talks Info Session - Osteopathic Medicine

Please note that every Touro representative on those Touro Talks has the ability to pull up your application if you are a current applicant, so just keep that in mind. It is expected to be an informal setting, so we are not looking to judge anyone, but if you are rude or blatantly unprofessional, it can be used against you.

For accepted students - congratulations!!!!!!! Link to TUCOM c/o 2027 FB page is here: Touro University California TUCOM Class of 2027 | Facebook
You will need to send proof of admission to the email referenced on the FB page description.

Good luck everyone! Best of luck in your medical school endeavors! As a former applicant, I can promise that once you get in, all these pre-med horrors fade into the past, like a ponytail.

Reactions: 1 users
same !! II 3/9
does anyone know if they are interviewing for waitlist at this point?
There are usually acceptance spots for every interview cycle, but as with every school, rolling admissions makes it progressively harder to accept students outright.