2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hate to be the "anyone got anything yet today?" guy, but they did guarantee responses today at some point so:

Anyone got anything today? lol

Members don't see this ad.

Do they reject anyone out right after interview, or is it just WL and A?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/27, got the A today! Woooo

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on those who got accepted! :D I'm waiting to hear back; how did you guys hear back about the decision of your application, was it a phone call or through email or print mail?

Congrats on those who got accepted! :D I'm waiting to hear back; how did you guys hear back about the decision of your application, was it a phone call or through email or print mail?
Email, and they said the same letter of acceptance will be shipped out with regular mail a day after (I'm still waiting on the physical copy)

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering if anyone knows what the schedule for students looks like? I think they mentioned that in the past classes have been only a few days of the week in person is that still the case?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if anyone knows what the schedule for students looks like? I think they mentioned that in the past classes have been only a few days of the week in person is that still the case?
That's what they implied in the the interview, saying lectures are often either live on zoom, or pre-recorded but that there are also mandatory classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the waitlist sent an update for their file to admissions after April 1st?

Email, and they said the same letter of acceptance will be shipped out with regular mail a day after (I'm still waiting on the physical copy)
Thanks for getting back to me and congrats to you on your A! Hoping to hear back this week too with good news as well!

What time did you get the email? Do you know if they send out the emails kind of randomly in terms of the time? or do they send it all at once to everyone who got accepted? :O

Current OMS2 here. I have a 1br apartment on mare island that I'm moving out of in June if any incoming students are looking for housing. It's a little expensive but it's great if you're bringing a SO that has a job and works from home, or if you have a little support from your family. There is also a studio apartment on the same property that is a bit cheaper and also available. Both are "mother in law" suites or casitas attached to a house. I believe the 1br is roughly 2000ish per month and the studio is around 1600ish. Can provide more info if interested.

Also can answer any questions y'all have about Touro. I did come to Touro from the east coast so my experiences might be a little different that some other students though.

edit: the studio is actually at 1200 now, it's a bit small but it's hard to find studios/1bd on the island

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for getting back to me and congrats to you on your A! Hoping to hear back this week too with good news as well!

What time did you get the email? Do you know if they send out the emails kind of randomly in terms of the time? or do they send it all at once to everyone who got accepted? :O
Unfortunately not sure about many parts to your message, but I got my email just before 1 PM pst on 3/31

I received the A too!! :) So happy, congrats to everyone who got the A from last Friday!

And for those on the WL, hoping good vibes your way -- there will definitely be movement, and from what I'm told, there's movement of those on the Waitlist beginning May 1st.

Good luck everyone and have a great week ahead!

Reactions: 5 users
I received the A too!! :) So happy, congrats to everyone who got the A from last Friday!

And for those on the WL, hoping good vibes your way -- there will definitely be movement, and from what I'm told, there's movement of those on the Waitlist beginning May 1st.

Good luck everyone and have a great week ahead!
WL movement will likely not start until sometime in Mid-May, definitely not until after May 12th

WL movement will likely not start until sometime in Mid-May, definitely not until after May 12th
Thanks for the correction and apologies to anyone for any inconvenience/confusion.

That is true, most likely not until after May 12th, as the current MSMHS students, in which TUCOM has a linkage to, interview up to that point and receive their admissions decision on that date as well.

So mid-May is really the more correct statement :)

Thanks for the correction and apologies to anyone for any inconvenience/confusion.

That is true, most likely not until after May 12th, as the current MSMHS students, in which TUCOM has a linkage to, interview up to that point and receive their admissions decision on that date as well.

So mid-May is really the more correct statement :)
do many msmhs students get WL too? how many seats are saved for the msmhs students?

do many msmhs students get WL too? how many seats are saved for the msmhs students?
It is hard to say how many MSMHS students will get the "A" or the "WL". Based on trends in the past, and from what the program has informed students, there are 15 seats "saved" for MSMHS students.
That does not mean everyone else will get WL or R'd, it really just depends on the space available and the time of the year.

These stats too may change as of Fall 2024 due to the Class size increase

Are there any TUCOM students lurking this thread? I'd like to ask a current student some questions bc I'm debating b/w 2 schools rn!

Withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of you lovely people!

How likely is it for people to get off the waitlist, typically?

What is the first day of classes for the summer MPH program?

Anyone know if there’s a group me?
I would personally avoid creating a groupme. The last 2 classes both started on groupme but both ended up moving to Discord a month or two in. GroupMe is just outdated and not suited for a class of 135 students. Often what happens is someone in the Class FB page creates the discord, and everyone slowly migrates over, but theres a couple months of confusion as people are split on both apps. You are free to use whatever you want however, just giving my advice.

How likely is it for people to get off the waitlist, typically?
It definitely depends. Waitlist movement will start soon if it has not already, as the last interviews were completed last week. WL movement usually goes on all the way up until orientation around the end of July. While there is definitely no guarantee, I have personally witnessed quite a bit of WL movement in prior years, and was myself taken off the WL when I applied.

I've been receiving emails from Touro about my financial aid offer and they're saying that I should accept, decline, or reduce my financial aid within 2 weeks. It's already been almost a week since they first emailed me about this. They're also telling me to finish my financial aid requirements, which include signing an MPN, within the next week so that my financial aid request isn't delayed. How should I go about this if I'm not sure that I'm going to attend Touro? I've paid my second deposit, but haven't committed to enroll yet. I don't want to sign anything that connects me to this school if I end up not going here, especially if it has something to do with loans. Thanks in advance for any advice given!

I've been receiving emails from Touro about my financial aid offer and they're saying that I should accept, decline, or reduce my financial aid within 2 weeks. It's already been almost a week since they first emailed me about this. They're also telling me to finish my financial aid requirements, which include signing an MPN, within the next week so that my financial aid request isn't delayed. How should I go about this if I'm not sure that I'm going to attend Touro? I've paid my second deposit, but haven't committed to enroll yet. I don't want to sign anything that connects me to this school if I end up not going here, especially if it has something to do with loans. Thanks in advance for any advice given!
I would reach out to the Touro Financial Aid people directly. I don't think anyone else can really give a reliable answer.

I have a lot to think about :/
Already heavily invested in moving away for school but it’s tough because I eventually wanna return home to California
whats your other choice?
i'm also from cali and will be going to touro!