2021-2022 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been trying to hunt down touro's level 1 and level 2 scores on their website. I know there are 3rd party websites that mention averages but does anyone know if they publish it themselves?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what core rotation sites TUCOM has? I know there's a lottery system, but I can't seem to find more specific info about the sites... I'm considering emailing the clinical education coordinator but I don't want to be annoying, yknow?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what core rotation sites TUCOM has? I know there's a lottery system, but I can't seem to find more specific info about the sites... I'm considering emailing the clinical education coordinator but I don't want to be annoying, yknow?
Following up on this. I emailed the coordinator and she informed me that the information would be provided in second year prior to starting clinical rotations. I understand that their site list changes somewhat year to year, but it would be helpful to at least have an idea of the distribution of sites. If there's any current students who could help me out, that would be awesome.

Officially rejected yesterday! :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any news from the people that are waitlisted? Impatiently waiting...

Rotation sites for the most part are around Fairfield/Vallejo/Napa, Stockton area, Fresno area, Salinas area and Bakersfield area. Depending on the site you get, you may spend most of your 3rd year rotating at that site or move around a few times from site to site for different rotations. All of them are going to be modest regional hospitals and/or outpatient clinics. They have a Touro affiliated outpatient clinic in Stockton where some students may rotate. Students rank their top options and then there's a lottery system. From what I've heard since they don't have a teaching hospital there is quite a bit of variation in rotation quality from site to site, preceptor to preceptor etc. So basically a bit of a crapshoot how good your clinical rotations will be.

Last edited:
Anyone have a match list from Touro for 2022? Or know when they will publish it?
You can ask Admissions for it and they may share it (not sure though, you may need to be admitted first). For the most part, their primary care list looks good with a decent number of teaching hospitals and desirable locations mixed in. For specialties, I noticed the locations tend to be less desirable (a lot of middle of nowhere type places) and the proportion of teaching hospital matches is much lower.

Does anyone know how to withdraw your accepted position after paying the deposit? (I got off the waitlist for another school and decided to go there instead)

Does anyone know how to withdraw your accepted position after paying the deposit? (I got off the waitlist for another school and decided to go there instead)
You should email Steve Davis, director of admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, has anyone recently received an A or withdrew from TUCOM??? I’ve been seeing a lot of movement at other DO schools, but not so much here!
They are still working through the accept-hold list.

Rotation sites for the most part are around Fairfield/Vallejo/Napa, Stockton area, Fresno area, Salinas area and Bakersfield area. Depending on the site you get, you may spend most of your 3rd year rotating at that site or move around a few times from site to site for different rotations. All of them are going to be modest regional hospitals and/or outpatient clinics. They have a Touro affiliated outpatient clinic in Stockton where some students may rotate. Students rank their top options and then there's a lottery system. From what I've heard since they don't have a teaching hospital there is quite a bit of variation in rotation quality from site to site, preceptor to preceptor etc. So basically a bit of a crapshoot how good your clinical rotations will be.
are there any socal rotation sites?

Yes, we have been waiting for waitlisted update, and pray to get off.

Please let us know the last day TUCOM accepts or denied waitlisted students?

Anyone know if the class is full?
Hello! It appears that they are still accepting students as people are reporting getting off the WL in the GroupMe chat for accepted students. Many of them appear to be from the master's program though, but I can't be too sure if all of them are. I hope this helps.

Hello! It appears that they are still accepting students as people are reporting getting off the WL in the GroupMe chat for accepted students. Many of them appear to be from the master's program though, but I can't be too sure if all of them are. I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for your update. Your information is greatly appreciated. Based on your information, we still have a hope right? Pray pray pray!!!
My daughter does not have master degree, but I hope she can get luck to get off WL.

Thanks a lot for your update. Your information is greatly appreciated. Based on your information, we still have a hope right? Pray pray pray!!!
My daughter does not have master degree, but I hope she can get luck to get off WL.

Btw, what is the size of Class of 2026? Thanks.
Wishing the best of luck for your daughter!

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think the class usually hovers around 140 but I'm not exactly sure. I do not know the current class size right now.

Wishing the best of luck for your daughter!

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think the class usually hovers around 140 but I'm not exactly sure. I do not know the current class size right now.
Thanks.

My daughter just got an A, yeahhhh!!!
Thank you everyone for supporting us here. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if there’s any chance of people dropping during orientation week?
I am super grateful for my acceptance to Touro, but if I hear back from my top choice this week with an acceptance, I'll be taking it. Hoping all of us get what we want! 🙏

Hi, Thanks for this info, definitely helpful. I am wondering if there is an official list anywhere that we can see?

thank you for your help in advance.