2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got secondary, in state, 3.91/507, submitted end of august

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone here gotten an ii from the montana campus? I think its more closely connected to the new york campuses but I asked on that thread and no one answered haha

Got that A as well, 10/31 interview. Top choice program bc I can live with my SO. So happy this worked out.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at the academic calendar, I know Touro follows Judaic holidays but it seems like passover is given no time off? Is there not a winter break? If any students can chime in that would be great!

Looking at the academic calendar, I know Touro follows Judaic holidays but it seems like passover is given no time off? Is there not a winter break? If any students can chime in that would be great!
Semester ends dec 16!

OOS, just got secondary. Just wondering what the MCAT cut-off is? I saw that it was 502 somewhere. Do they screen before sending secondaries?

OOS, just got secondary. Just wondering what the MCAT cut-off is? I saw that it was 502 somewhere. Do they screen before sending secondaries?
what is ur mcat? u can pm me if u want. just curious

II received last week, IS complete 9/2.

I believe the reason they take so long to send out secondaries is due to the screening. But I have heard they are pretty slow to move overall. I also think their MCAT used to cut off at 502 but their current 2022 admission website is saying >=500.

II received today. Submitted mid-August, secondary received mid-Sept, CA resident, 507 MCAT/3.7cGPA

IS II received on 11/15. my app was complete on 8/16/22. withdrew my app because i got in elsewhere. good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Secondary received earlier today, primary was complete mid Sept (waited to submit until my mcat retake in Aug)
still going for it :)

Edit: im IS, socal though

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they accept application updates?

I'm fairly certain they forgot about me until I emailed and called to ask about my app. I got a secondary almost 4 months after submitting my primary, and at that point I didn't have any motivation or energy left to fill out more essays, so I didn't submit it. It just felt a little unfair to me since you're told to submit apps as early as possible during the cycle because of rolling admissions and to give yourself the best chance of securing an II, but then they don't even get back to you until the majority of IIs have already been given out? I'm convinced they just forgot about/lost my application, since they only got back to me like the 5th time I contacted admin and then sent me a secondary immediately after.

I see the 2000 character limit in the OP but don't see it anywhere on the secondary portal, also it allows me to type beyond 2000 characters. Where is this requirement mentioned?

I see the 2000 character limit in the OP but don't see it anywhere on the secondary portal, also it allows me to type beyond 2000 characters. Where is this requirement mentioned?
I went way beyond the 2000 characters in all of my essays. I wouldn't worry about it.

My highest character count was 2970 and everything worked out for me

Just got the A! Complete 08/31 and interviewed 12/06.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is there an accepted student FB page or something? Or a checklist of things we need to do before next July?

Does anyone know how to login to check the status? It looks like the website has been overhauled since this summer and the links in the email no longer work...

II this morning! OOS with some ties. Complete 10/12.

Current Touro CA student here! (Redownloaded SDN because holidays lol) if anyone has questions hmu

II this morning! OOS with some ties. Complete 10/12.
I received one last week as well! I was pretty surprised, since I assumed we would be getting radio silence over the winter break.

II today, will likely be declining just posting for reference.

II today!! 504MCAT, ~3.4 GPA, In-state

I got my invitation to submit a secondary in October and I was so burnt out by then that I just couldn't find the motivation to complete it. It's my own fault because I would love to go to this school but I shot myself in the foot by not just grinding through it and submitting it ASAP.

I ended up completing it this morning but it's so late in the cycle I feel like I'd just be donating my money if I submit it now. But I guess you lose 100% of the shots you never take? Is anyone in a similar boat? :-(

I got my invitation to submit a secondary in October and I was so burnt out by then that I just couldn't find the motivation to complete it. It's my own fault because I would love to go to this school but I shot myself in the foot by not just grinding through it and submitting it ASAP.

I ended up completing it this morning but it's so late in the cycle I feel like I'd just be donating my money if I submit it now. But I guess you lose 100% of the shots you never take? Is anyone in a similar boat? :-(

I know this is purely anecdotal, but I once saw a comment on Reddit of someone whose friend applied on the literal deadline for Touro CA and got accepted. And there are tons of stories of people applying in January to DO and getting in (not that I would recommend it, though).

It's pretty late in the cycle, but if you're competitive for DO and can afford it, then I think it's worth a shot.

• Love
I know this is purely anecdotal, but I once saw a comment on Reddit of someone whose friend applied on the literal deadline for Touro CA and got accepted. And there are tons of stories of people applying in January to DO and getting in (not that I would recommend it, though).

It's pretty late in the cycle, but if you're competitive for DO and can afford it, then I think it's worth a shot.
thank you! i appreciate your response

Is there an accepted student chat yet? For some of the other schools there was, but I wanted to see if anyone has made one yet for here :)

A received just now! It is an unofficial email, but an official email to follow with the letter in the mail. Interviewed on 1/17. :giggle:

Reactions: 2 users
A received just now! It is an unofficial email, but an official email to follow with the letter in the mail. Interviewed on 1/17. :giggle:
SAME!!! My first acceptance!!! Interviewed on 11/9.

edit: meant to say 1/9, just noticed my typo lol

Last edited:
  • Care
Wow! You had a much longer wait than I did. Congrats!
Thank you! Congrats as well!

They mentioned in my interview that decisions are released every other Friday. Yeah I had a longer wait than you, but it's much better than the 6+ week wait for some other schools. Just hoping I get those decisions before our deposit is due in two weeks... 😅

Congrats new acceptances :)

Hope to see you there in the fall/late summer.

Was there an updated fee waiver code? the one I received in October is no longer working?

Got my first acceptance here on Friday! I was interviewed on 1/10. I am beyond relieved and excited. This was my second application cycle and I was feeling like I might have to do the whole thing over again again.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know when this school typically finishes its interview season?

Is anyone who interviewed here familiar with their thank you letter policy? I can’t remember if it was mentioned during day / was never given my faculty members contact information.

Is anyone who interviewed here familiar with their thank you letter policy? I can’t remember if it was mentioned during day / was never given my faculty members contact information.
Unless explicitly discouraged, I would recommend always sending thank-you emails. After my interview I was sent a list of all the faculty and students involved in the interview day with their emails (check your junk mail?) from Lynn Huckle. I sent emails to all my interviewers as well as the dean who did a Q and A with us after the interview.

Anyone have any general feedback on how the interview went? Are they blinded to the application?

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of/started a group for incoming students? On my documentation it said our emails would be added to a group after the first of the year, but I have yet to see anything.