2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2022-2023 TUCOM-CA Secondary Essay Prompts (essay length changed from last year & 1 new question)

2000 character limit each

1) Are you a TUCOM re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should effect a different outcome?

2) Have you attended any TUCOM information sessions on campus, at another location, or virtually? If yes, please list the event(s) in which you participated.

3) Please describe your understanding of osteopathic medicine including osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT). Please include your personal exposure to osteopathic medicine (if any) and demonstrate your understanding of the osteopathic principles and history of the profession.

4) Please describe your hobbies (or non-academic pursuits) and how they will influence your success as an Osteopathic medical student and/or Osteopathic physician in the future.

5) Please discuss how your life experiences and personal characteristics will contribute to your future success as an outstanding osteopathic physician.

6) When considering medical schools, what criteria are important to you and how does TUCOM align with those criteria?

7) Have you graduated or do you plan to graduate from a High School or equivalent (e.g. GED, ATB, etc.) - OR - College whose primary method of instruction is English?

8) Have you ever had a criminal conviction (this includes a judge or jury verdict, guilty plea, a plea of no contest or nolo contendere, and/or juvenile offenses), or any criminal conviction that you are currently appealing?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone still waiting for secondaries?

Reactions: 5 users
You can fill out the TUCOM secondary through the same portal that the TUNCOM secondary is provided through, which was sent today...:unsure:

I got the email for the secondary for Nevada, but as CA resident I am filling out the CA one first lol

I didn't get an email about a portal. Is this link sent out selectively ?

EDIT: I misread the original post about the portal. I did not apply to TUNCOM only TUCOM-CA so I think it makes sense I didn't get the TUNCOM portal email lol

Reactions: 1 user
Then why have them all open as options?

Because it's probably an oversight. The CA secondary application probably isn't even open yet, considering they haven't sent it out to anyone, and you applying to the CA school using the Nevada invite could result in your application being sent to the "void" and not ending up anywhere. Just wait until they send out the CA application to actually do it lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I went ahead and shot the admissions team an email regarding this before submitting. I'll let you all know if I hear a response.

Reactions: 1 users
From admissions:

You would only complete the supplemental application for the Touro's you received the invitation for.

We have not yet sent out any.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS, just received secondary application invite

It looks like they do somewhat in-depth review of your primary application before sending secondary application invite:
1. "Your AACOMAS primary application has been received and reviewed by the Admissions and Standards Committee, which has decided to invite you to submit a supplemental application. Congratulations! Not all candidates for admission are invited to submit a supplemental application and you should be proud of this accomplishment."
2. They reviewed all of my prerequisite requirements and mention all of them in the email
3. They review and indicate whether you met the letter of recommendation requirements

IS, just received secondary application invite

It looks like they do somewhat in-depth review of your primary application before sending secondary application invite:
1. "Your AACOMAS primary application has been received and reviewed by the Admissions and Standards Committee, which has decided to invite you to submit a supplemental application. Congratulations! Not all candidates for admission are invited to submit a supplemental application and you should be proud of this accomplishment."
2. They reviewed all of my prerequisite requirements and mention all of them in the email
3. They review and indicate whether you met the letter of recommendation requirements
it appears really thorough. I wonder if they did this last year and if not I wonder if that means they'll process secondary apps quicker

shoot Im worried, didnt get anything from TUCOM

I submitted primary in July 7th, due to a june mcat

Secondary received, IS Socal. Link is not working. Anyone resolve this issue?

Secondary received, IS Socal. Link is not working. Anyone resolve this issue?
Link works but it says your “account was not created please try again object reference not set to an instance of an object”

what that mean lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Link works but it says your “account was not created please try again object reference not set to an instance of an object”

what that mean lol
Im literally getting the same thing as well now. Sooo annoying.

For the homies who got secondaries, when did you all submit?

aight im a month after, I'll see you on the other side then

Anyone getting two opposite direction rotating circles when you click new application and are directed to input your location, college and application?

Anyone getting two opposite direction rotating circles when you click new application and are directed to input your location, college and application?
I'm still trying to register for an account 😮‍💨

Update, I am past the circle thing, but it only says transfer application on the third choice....anyone getting the same...

Update, I am past the circle thing, but it only says transfer application on the third choice....anyone getting the same...
Also only have the option for transfer application. On their instructions it specifically says choose "TUCOM Supplemental Application – Invited to Apply (TUC)", but when you choose the transfer application, the next page allows you to choose "new student" so I don't know whether I should just continue with the secondary or wait...

Well anyways, here's this year's prompts. Look to be the same as last year except there's a new hobby/EC pursuits one and they changed the word count. Annoying cause I prewrote mine based off the 500 word limit :rolleyes:

2000 character limit

1) Are you a TUCOM re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should effect a different outcome?

2) Have you attended any TUCOM information sessions on campus, at another location, or virtually? If yes, please list the event(s) in which you participated.

3) Please describe your understanding of osteopathic medicine including osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT). Please include your personal exposure to osteopathic medicine (if any) and demonstrate your understanding of the osteopathic principles and history of the profession.

4) Please describe your hobbies (or non-academic pursuits) and how they will influence your success as an Osteopathic medical student and/or Osteopathic physician in the future.

5) Please discuss how your life experiences and personal characteristics will contribute to your future success as an outstanding osteopathic physician.

6) When considering medical schools, what criteria are important to you and how does TUCOM align with those criteria?

7) Have you graduated or do you plan to graduate from a High School or equivalent (e.g. GED, ATB, etc.) - OR - College whose primary method of instruction is English?

8) Have you ever had a criminal conviction (this includes a judge or jury verdict, guilty plea, a plea of no contest or nolo contendere, and/or juvenile offenses), or any criminal conviction that you are currently appealing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I received a secondary from Touro-NV. Can I select CA and submit to CA instead?

Is anyone else not receiving a verification email after registering their account?

Got an "application received" email today... I thought I had been screened out for getting a secondary but I guess they're only just now starting to look at my stuff lol (unless the application received email is a soft R of some sort)

Just got secondary. Dang that took a bit