2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know people were talking about it earlier in the thread, but is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary on 7/24 and still waiting :-(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I know people were talking about it earlier in the thread, but is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary on 7/24 and still waiting :-(
I’ve emailed them and they said they were backed up. Nothing more than that. Still no secondary :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Had just about given up on receiving a secondary but got an email that they got my AACOMAS application and were reviewing it, and then got the secondary email a few hours later. CA resident, 3.53 GPA, 511 MCAT

How was the panel interview style for those of you who already interviewed?

Last edited:
just got the "primary downloaded" email yesterday... submitted Late July

Reactions: 1 user
after submitting the secondary when looking at your portal under status, does everyone's say "Under Review (A)" ?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A! Good interview session, solid overall vibes.

Are they very selective with their secondaries? I submitted my primary on 8/16 and have not heard anything from them at all. Do applications get lost, is that possible?

Are they very selective with their secondaries? I submitted my primary on 8/16 and have not heard anything from them at all. Do applications get lost, is that possible?
I think they're just behind -- as an example, I submitted my primary in late July and got the secondary a couple of days ago. As long as you meet their minimum stats you will get a secondary. I don't remember the specific stats, but I'm sure they're somewhere on this thread or their website!

Just got an II. Does anyone know what the grading system here is? Also, are lectures mandatory in person or can they be accessed online?

Just got an II. Does anyone know what the grading system here is? Also, are lectures mandatory in person or can they be accessed online?
They're pass/fail for pre-clerkships, if I remember correctly. They also do not require attendance to lectures. One student I talked to said they do not really attend lectures - just takes notes on recorded lectures.

Does anyone have information about their rotation sites? There’s nothing about it on the website and I can’t really find any recent information about it at all here or on Reddit. I’d say I’m a little concerned with the lack of transparency regarding rotation sites and want to make sure I wouldn’t be moving across the country to do my third and fourth year.

Any clarification would be appreciated because this is my top choice school due to location

Does anyone have information about their rotation sites? There’s nothing about it on the website and I can’t really find any recent information about it at all here or on Reddit. I’d say I’m a little concerned with the lack of transparency regarding rotation sites and want to make sure I wouldn’t be moving across the country to do my third and fourth year.

Any clarification would be appreciated because this is my top choice school due to location
There are a number of rotation sites they spoke about during the information session of the interview. There are/is at least one rotation site in Southern California and some further north as well. There is also one rotation site in New York, I believe. There was a list on their old website before they updated it, but it is gone now. When we asked about the rotation sites, they mentioned that they run off a lottery system, but upwards of 90% of their students get their first or second choices of rotation sites. The consensus seemed to be that we wouldn't need to move across the country, per se, but may need to relocate further North or South depending on the site.

This is just my interpretation of their situation from someone who asked a question like this during an information session, so take this with a grain of salt. If there are any current students around this thread, they'll obviously have a better understanding.

Anyone willing to share what they said for the "why this school" questions or what was drawing them to this school? Ive been looking online but struggling to find stuff -_-

I submitted my primary app on 8/16 and I just received an email today on 10/24 to tell me they received my AACOMAS application. Is this normal that it took them 2.5 months just to acknowledge receipt of my primary application?

OOS II received today, complete 8/25. Four available dates in late November
511, 3.97 sGPA

if i'm in-state and i turned in my primary end of August but still no secondary, should I email them??

For July primary submissions, secondaries were sent 7 weeks later.

Do they at least send a confirmation for primary? I sent early Oct and haven't got it yet.

Just got a secondary earlier this week. Feels so late to be getting one :/

II received 10/31. Did anyone else who got an II get a message at the end of the interview invite email from the Latino Medical Student Association, even though you're not Latino?

Just now got a secondary, complete early August. OOS, non trad. 510 MCAT.

Not sure if I even have the willpower to delve back into filling out secondaries lol

Just now got a secondary, complete early August. OOS, non trad. 510 MCAT.

Not sure if I even have the willpower to delve back into filling out secondaries lol
Yeah they sent me a secondary a couple weeks ago (complete august, IS) and I just now mustered the will power to send it in haha

for people who interviewed earlier this week, does anyone know approx what time today admissions decisions come out?
I dont have an answer for you bc I asked this as well, but I am right here with you. Fingers crossed for us both!

Acceptances just now, interviewed 11/1.

Wow thats very fast turnaround time! congrats to all. I was complete 9/13 and crossing my fingers for an II

A!, interviewed 11/1. The deposit is due in 2 weeks. Congrats to everyone who was accepted.

Last edited:
A! interviewed on 10/25, received at around noon today

Got the A as well, interviewed 10/25!