You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dullprocedure
Full Member
Email themI know people were talking about it earlier in the thread, but is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary on 7/24 and still waiting :-(
I’ve emailed them and they said they were backed up. Nothing more than that. Still no secondary :/I know people were talking about it earlier in the thread, but is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted my primary on 7/24 and still waiting :-(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.58 513do you mind sharing your stats?
gone_fishing01
Full Member
Had just about given up on receiving a secondary but got an email that they got my AACOMAS application and were reviewing it, and then got the secondary email a few hours later. CA resident, 3.53 GPA, 511 MCAT
lobsterthermidor
Full Member
When did you submit your primary?Had just about given up on receiving a secondary but got an email that they got my AACOMAS application and were reviewing it, and then got the secondary email a few hours later. CA resident, 3.53 GPA, 511 MCAT
gone_fishing01
Full Member
I believe it was 7/28!When did you submit your primary?
How was the panel interview style for those of you who already interviewed?
Last edited:
lobsterthermidor
Full Member
just got the "primary downloaded" email yesterday... submitted Late July
How was the panel interview style for those of you who already interviewed?
There was 5 candidates and 3 interviewers and we just took turns answering the questions! 75 minutes in length
after submitting the secondary when looking at your portal under status, does everyone's say "Under Review (A)" ?
Did you get an email or call?Wow what an unbelievably fast turn around. Interviewed 9/19 got my acceptance 9/23!
lobsterthermidor
Full Member
just got secondary!!just got the "primary downloaded" email yesterday... submitted Late July
A! Good interview session, solid overall vibes.
This was the only school I only got an email from. All the rest I got a phone call or text first then an email.Did you get an email or call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they very selective with their secondaries? I submitted my primary on 8/16 and have not heard anything from them at all. Do applications get lost, is that possible?
I think they're just behind -- as an example, I submitted my primary in late July and got the secondary a couple of days ago. As long as you meet their minimum stats you will get a secondary. I don't remember the specific stats, but I'm sure they're somewhere on this thread or their website!Are they very selective with their secondaries? I submitted my primary on 8/16 and have not heard anything from them at all. Do applications get lost, is that possible?
II just now! IS
skyline3204
Full Member
II today, OOS LM 76
Premedlife2022
Full Member
Congratulations! When were you complete?II today! IS
8/15!Congratulations! When were you complete?
freshlyground99
Full Member
Just got an II. Does anyone know what the grading system here is? Also, are lectures mandatory in person or can they be accessed online?
They're pass/fail for pre-clerkships, if I remember correctly. They also do not require attendance to lectures. One student I talked to said they do not really attend lectures - just takes notes on recorded lectures.Just got an II. Does anyone know what the grading system here is? Also, are lectures mandatory in person or can they be accessed online?
samejust got the "primary downloaded" email yesterday... submitted Late July
They sent me a secondary the next daysame
Does anyone have information about their rotation sites? There’s nothing about it on the website and I can’t really find any recent information about it at all here or on Reddit. I’d say I’m a little concerned with the lack of transparency regarding rotation sites and want to make sure I wouldn’t be moving across the country to do my third and fourth year.
Any clarification would be appreciated because this is my top choice school due to location
Any clarification would be appreciated because this is my top choice school due to location
Anyone still not get a secondary from here?
There are a number of rotation sites they spoke about during the information session of the interview. There are/is at least one rotation site in Southern California and some further north as well. There is also one rotation site in New York, I believe. There was a list on their old website before they updated it, but it is gone now. When we asked about the rotation sites, they mentioned that they run off a lottery system, but upwards of 90% of their students get their first or second choices of rotation sites. The consensus seemed to be that we wouldn't need to move across the country, per se, but may need to relocate further North or South depending on the site.Does anyone have information about their rotation sites? There’s nothing about it on the website and I can’t really find any recent information about it at all here or on Reddit. I’d say I’m a little concerned with the lack of transparency regarding rotation sites and want to make sure I wouldn’t be moving across the country to do my third and fourth year.
Any clarification would be appreciated because this is my top choice school due to location
This is just my interpretation of their situation from someone who asked a question like this during an information session, so take this with a grain of salt. If there are any current students around this thread, they'll obviously have a better understanding.
Primary 6/3, Secondary 8/4Congratulations! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my primary app on 8/16 and I just received an email today on 10/24 to tell me they received my AACOMAS application. Is this normal that it took them 2.5 months just to acknowledge receipt of my primary application?
For July primary submissions, secondaries were sent 7 weeks later.
vaporfly3000
Full Member
Do they at least send a confirmation for primary? I sent early Oct and haven't got it yet.
What time did it go out? I find out my decision on friday. Stressing until then lolA! Good interview session, solid overall vibes.
Withdrawing my interview invite from here, hope someone else on here gets the spot. Good luck everyone!
Ill take it 🥲Withdrawing my interview invite from here, hope someone else on here gets the spot. Good luck everyone!
Just now got a secondary, complete early August. OOS, non trad. 510 MCAT.
Not sure if I even have the willpower to delve back into filling out secondaries lol
Not sure if I even have the willpower to delve back into filling out secondaries lol
Yeah they sent me a secondary a couple weeks ago (complete august, IS) and I just now mustered the will power to send it in hahaJust now got a secondary, complete early August. OOS, non trad. 510 MCAT.
Not sure if I even have the willpower to delve back into filling out secondaries lol
I dont have an answer for you bc I asked this as well, but I am right here with you. Fingers crossed for us both!for people who interviewed earlier this week, does anyone know approx what time today admissions decisions come out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mayonaise123
Full Member
Just got the A! Interviewed 11/1 as well 🙂
drcaffeinator
Full Member
Wow thats very fast turnaround time! congrats to all. I was complete 9/13 and crossing my fingers for an II
A!, interviewed 11/1. The deposit is due in 2 weeks. Congrats to everyone who was accepted.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 226
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 442
- Views
- 95K
- Replies
- 380
- Views
- 97K
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 329
- Views
- 109K