You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/stats? I believe it is true P/F with no internal rankings but someone please correct me if I’m wrong.Just accepted off the waitlist!
I have a question, does anyone know if there are internal rankings within the school or if students are not ranked at all even though its pass/no pass?
I was wondering if any current students at Touro-CA could share the hospital and/or clinic names of where clinical rotations take place during 3rd year (where our core clinical rotations would take place)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plsacceptmeplspls
New Member
Yeah! I interviewed Feb 1st, 512 MCAT and 3.91 GPACongrats!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/stats? I believe it is true P/F with no internal rankings but someone please correct me if I’m wrong.
Students are assigned via lottery to a region, which often consists of multiple hospitals close geographicallyI was wondering if any current students at Touro-CA could share the hospital and/or clinic names of where clinical rotations take place during 3rd year (where our core clinical rotations would take place)?
Most common region: Stockton
2nd Most Common: North Bay (Vallejo, Santa Ros, Fairfield, etc)
Remaining
Salinas
Sacramento
Bakersfield
NYC (opt in only)
Awesome! Is it possible to find out the names of the hospitals and/or clinics where students will rotate at in those regions? It would really help me out as I’m trying to decide between two schools and I wanted to use clinical rotation sites as one of my deciding factors.Students are assigned via lottery to a region, which often consists of multiple hospitals close geographically
Most common region: Stockton
2nd Most Common: North Bay (Vallejo, Santa Ros, Fairfield, etc)
Remaining
Salinas
Sacramento
Bakersfield
NYC (opt in only)
exoticbanana
New Member
Hi! I got accepted off waitlist and was told my acceptance letter would be sent out today via email but have not received one. Anyone else? I worry too much and eager about my acceptance since it’s my top choice /:
Hi! Congrats! Email Lynn Huckle if you have still not received your letter.Hi! I got accepted off waitlist and was told my acceptance letter would be sent out today via email but have not received one. Anyone else? I worry too much and eager about my acceptance since it’s my top choice /:
There isnt a list that I can find that you can look at. It does vary alot, sometime even within a specific region, on what hospitals you rotate in for certain rotations.Awesome! Is it possible to find out the names of the hospitals and/or clinics where students will rotate at in those regions? It would really help me out as I’m trying to decide between two schools and I wanted to use clinical rotation sites as one of my deciding factors.
By far the most students end up in Stockton at St. Josephs or another nearby hospital for most of their rotations. 50 out of 135 usually.
Another is Natividad in Salinas, if you choose that region.
Northbay varies a lot.
Keep in mind, while you do a lottery system for your region, you don't really get a say on the order, or the hospitals within that region that you end up going to.
GratefulBison
New Member
Has anybody heard if there is still waitlist movement?
Withdrew my A today, hopefully someone hears good news soon!
While technically I cannot guarantee it, we traditionally have WL movement all the way up until orientation in late julyHas anybody heard if there is still waitlist movement?
D
deleted1150732
Withdrew my A just now. Best of luck to y'all!
Same here.Withdrew my A just now. Best of luck to y'all!
pollypockett
New Member
Just got off the waitlist! Are there any students I can ask some questions to? Need to decide before tomorrow night!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same^ need to decide by tomorrow night and have questions
You or anyone else who has questions can DM me on SDNsame^ need to decide by tomorrow night and have questions
However, I will respond much faster if you email my official email: [email protected]
Edit: If you have a general question, please ask it here publically so others may benefit from the answers as well.
I believe the entire class should be full at this time (all 135). But like you said spots will consistently emerge as people withdraw their acceptances because they got off a WL somewhere else they'd rather attend. The FB page is not the best indicator because there are quite a few current Touro students on it, plus some people are just delaying on getting onto the FB page despite already being accepted.The accurate class size right now is around 126 students - there may be students who will be withdrawing their acceptances in the coming days/weeks - but as it looks right now, there is room for about 10 or so more students in the Class.
Good luck to you all who are waiting to hear back!
jinglejangle
New Member
Is there a Discord for the C/O 2027?
there is i heard but idk i don't have the link. i mentioned making a group me but many people don't like the platform and also said discord is much better, etc.Is there a Discord for the C/O 2027?
There is and you can get the link on the FB groupIs there a Discord for the C/O 2027?
Hello everyone, I posted this on the 2023-2024 Touro thread as im an applicant for this year's cycle. However, I was hoping if someone could give some insight from last years cycle.
This is what I posted: Am I trippin, but I just checked the Touro Portal. On the Application dashboard, I had an entry for "Application Registration: TUC-OC-Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Supplemental Application (TUC)." However, a new entry just showed up today that saids " Application Registration: My name". The Program and Semester is blank as well. Does anyone else who submitted their secondary have this new entry? I never saw it before until today.
Does anyone know if this means anything?
This is what I posted: Am I trippin, but I just checked the Touro Portal. On the Application dashboard, I had an entry for "Application Registration: TUC-OC-Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Supplemental Application (TUC)." However, a new entry just showed up today that saids " Application Registration: My name". The Program and Semester is blank as well. Does anyone else who submitted their secondary have this new entry? I never saw it before until today.
Does anyone know if this means anything?
Touro Talks is being moved to Fridays from here on out, still 12-1pm via zoom.
Link below: Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
Link below: Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
jinglejangle
New Member
When's the deadline to commit to enroll? I don't see it stated in any emails or on the website.
sadsquidward
Full Member
Just got an II call after being rejected in May. Couldn't be more shocked considering I'm all set up for another school.
i heard that too. that is crazy considering we are one month away from orientation. i guess they went through all the WL. people probably withdrew because of another school, etc.Just got an II call after being rejected in May. Couldn't be more shocked considering I'm all set up for another school.
I would reach out to Lynn Huckle, the senior admissions administrator.When's the deadline to commit to enroll? I don't see it stated in any emails or on the website.
Oh that's great news! I wasn't invited for an interview yet, so I'm not too sure if that applies to me. But if it does, that's terrific! I attached a screenshot to add some context to what it looks like. I blocked out my name for privacy reasons..Hi! From my understanding/insider knowledge, it seems that there will be additional options provided this year, this time around for students scheduled to interview this July 2023. It may not apply to all, and I don't want to speak for all, but it seems like those who will be interviewing this July 2023 may be notified that they are interviewing for both Fall 2023 (if space allows them to be accommodated this Fall), or for next year's incoming Class of 2024 (Class of 2028 basically).
Attachments
I would send this to Lynn Huckle, if you still need clarificationOh that's great news! I wasn't invited for an interview yet, so I'm not too sure if that applies to me. But if it does, that's terrific! I attached a screenshot to add some context to what it looks like. I blocked out my name for privacy reasons..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
send an email to the director of admissions [email protected]I am planning on withdrawing my acceptance to Touro. Does anyone know the process to do so?
sadsquidward
Full Member
got an accept-hold, meaning i'm accepted but there isn't a seat available for me. apparently this list is ranked and i have to wait for an orientation standby email to know if i need to attend.Just got an II call after being rejected in May. Couldn't be more shocked considering I'm all set up for another school.
lalalaloopsy
New Member
@tucomadcom does admissions save space for the masters students that are applying this cycle too?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 226
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 442
- Views
- 95K
- Replies
- 380
- Views
- 97K
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 329
- Views
- 109K