You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UT Austin (Dell)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
Mine is also in but I interviewed late August, but yeah it doesn't matter until Feb!Mine is in, but don't sweat it. It doesn't matter until we get closer to Match Day. It'll come.
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Does anyone know if Dell accepts post secondary but pre-II update/interest letter? I recently published a couple of papers that I think would potentiall could help w their decision. TYIA!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dell does not. But have those things ready to talk about at an interview.Does anyone know if Dell accepts post secondary but pre-II update/interest letter? I recently published a couple of papers that I think would potentiall could help w their decision. TYIA!
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Great, thank you!Dell does not. But have those things ready to talk about at an interview.
pinkaurora
Full Member
Has any OOS received a secondary application from Dell?
D
deleted880732
II yesterday, went to my car and cried
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when did you receive/complete your secondary?II yesterday, went to my car and cried
D
deleted880732
Thank you! & I received & submitted my secondary 2nd week of august!Congrats! Would you mind sharing when did you receive/complete your secondary?
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Good luck friend!Thank you! & I received & submitted my secondary 2nd week of august!
Has any IS received a secondary from Dell recently?
icedlatte2shots
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from Dell since their interview? Their website says Dell begins extending acceptances after Oct 15...any A's?
after October 15, not on October 15.Has anyone heard back from Dell since their interview? Their website says Dell begins extending acceptances after Oct 15...any A's?
Looking at past years, they have begun pre-match offers at the end of October.
They also have called and release letters only after a couple of days if they can't reach you.after October 15, not on October 15.
Looking at past years, they have begun pre-match offers at the end of October.
Anyone else just in awe after their Dell interview? I interviewed way back and it's been hard to visit other schools and consider them so seriously after the great experience I had at Dell.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted880732
this lowkey makes me scared 😂, everyone please rank dell as low as possible so I have a chance hahahahAnyone else just in awe after their Dell interview? I interviewed way back and it's been hard to visit other schools and consider them so seriously after the great experience I had at Dell.
Do we need to have all our letters in to receive a secondary?
Your letters (3 minimum, 4 maximum) should be submitted via TMDSAS. Are you still waiting on one of your recommenders?Do we need to have all our letters in to receive a secondary?
I have 3 letters in and was waiting on the extra one. However, I just messaged TMDSAS to take the extra one off today.Your letters (3 minimum, 4 maximum) should be submitted via TMDSAS. Are you still waiting on one of your recommenders?
What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either received an interview or have already pre-matched?
II today!
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing when did you turn in your secondary??II today!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing when did you turn in your secondary??
Sorry I had to find when I completed! It was September 8.
I don’t men to overthink this, but is missing the social the night before a bad look? I have work and can’t make it.
It’s your best chance to get candid comments from current students, so seems worth it to ask for a bit of time off work to me.I don’t men to overthink this, but is missing the social the night before a bad look? I have work and can’t make it.
potatopapoi
Full Member
I received the secondary today; was really surprised because I didn't think I would this cycle. Primary was complete in June. Guess you never know!
ganseyraven
New Member
Has anyone received an invite to an on-campus interview after completing the virtual interview? I'm a little confused because I remember an email at the beginning of the cycle mentioning there would be on-campus interviews after the virtual ones, but I haven't seen anything about them since then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received an invite to an on-campus interview after completing the virtual interview? I'm a little confused because I remember an email at the beginning of the cycle mentioning there would be on-campus interviews after the virtual ones, but I haven't seen anything about them since then.
During the interview for my session, they mentioned that that was the pre-covid delta surge plan. It’s just the virtual interview for this cycle
D
deleted880732
They're in the process of planning their in-person second look for accepted students in the spring. I'm not sure if this is for students with prematch offers (which they haven't sent out as far as I know) in early spring or for students after match day. They said they aren't offering any other kind of tours or visits right now.Has anyone received an invite to an on-campus interview after completing the virtual interview? I'm a little confused because I remember an email at the beginning of the cycle mentioning there would be on-campus interviews after the virtual ones, but I haven't seen anything about them since then.
butterflybreakfast
Full Member
finished my secondary and feel like i absolutely botched it 😀 time to cry in the club lol
Are you IS or OOS? Congrats!I received the secondary today; was really surprised because I didn't think I would this cycle. Primary was complete in June. Guess you never know!
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Received an II call last night! I am ECSTATIC!!!!
potatopapoi
Full Member
IS, thanks.Are you IS or OOS? Congrats!
Lol no, as an OOS you be lucky to get good riddance 🤓.... there is no bargaining as OOS.I'm really blessed to have an acceptance OOS at another school, does anyone think I could use this as leverage to encourage a secondary at least lol
fluffybagel
Full Member
Congrats on the II and also the A! How far out are they scheduling interviews? Also, do you remember were you complete and when did you submit your secondary?Received an II call last night! I am ECSTATIC!!!!
stanleytucciofmedicine
Full Member
Thank you sm! They offered me 2 Nov dates and I completed my secondary back on Sept 21 I believe. Hope that helps!Congrats on the II and also the A! How far out are they scheduling interviews? Also, do you remember were you complete and when did you submit your secondary?
There is a max of 5 seats for OOS. So it is quite hard to make the cut.
donkeykongpremed
New Member
Has anyone prematched here?
Haven't seen anyone announce it so far on SDN! Dell and Baylor are the two remaining schools with no admissions offers at this date.Has anyone prematched here?
D
deleted1119710
I checked last year and there were some prematch by this time. They’re really taking their time this year then @@
My friend irl pre matched a few weeks ago. They are not on SDN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted958249
I'll just point out that Dell also does their pre-match process a little differently than other schools. Most Texas schools send out a batch of acceptances at once on certain dates on a rolling basis. Dell likes to call each acceptee individually and usually do only a couple per day at a time. They also pick up more in the late Winter/Spring as people start finalizing their school decision. So if you haven't heard back at all don't worry, just take it one day at a time
fluffybagel
Full Member
Have you heard of people receiving interview invites months after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine late july-early august. From the past threads it seems that the later interviews in December/January went to those who submitted their secondary's October and later.I'll just point out that Dell also does their pre-match process a little differently than other schools. Most Texas schools send out a batch of acceptances at once on certain dates on a rolling basis. Dell likes to call each acceptee individually and usually do only a couple per day at a time. They also pick up more in the late Winter/Spring as people start finalizing their school decision. So if you haven't heard back at all don't worry, just take it one day at a time
Have you heard of people receiving interview invites months after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine late july-early august. From the past threads it seems that the later interviews in December/January went to those who submitted their secondary's October and later.
During my student panel, multiple students said they got their interviews in January. They didn’t necessarily mention their secondary dates, but I hope that helps put you at ease for a dry November. The adcoms also promised that Dell’s class comes kind of evenly from the prematch, match, and waitlist. They actually promised waitlist movement. Dell is weird, in a good way. Stay positive!
donkeykongpremed
New Member
Commented earlier, and I prematched today! So incredibly grateful.
D
deleted1119710
congrats!!! when did you interview?Commented earlier, and I prematched today! So incredibly grateful.