You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UT Austin (Dell)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
simplybleb
Full Member
What happens if you miss a call from them?
They'll probably try again. At last resort, email.What happens if you miss a call from them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I'm saying I'm IS, I'm from Texas, but I got an acceptance at a school in another state. Could I still use this acceptance as leverage even though it's at a school out of state?Lol no, as an OOS you be lucky to get good riddance 🤓.... there is no bargaining as OOS.
Playing one school off against another is not such a good look.No, I'm saying I'm IS, I'm from Texas, but I got an acceptance at a school in another state. Could I still use this acceptance as leverage even though it's at a school out of state?
Last edited:
icedlatte2shots
Full Member
congratulations!Commented earlier, and I prematched today! So incredibly grateful.
Does anyone know if Dell gives scholarships prior to the ranking deadline? I have multiple prematch offers (Dell being one of them), and cost
will likely sway me towards one school vs another.
will likely sway me towards one school vs another.
Also in the same boat. If I remember correctly, I believe that Dell’s aid is mostly need based. I may be wrong. In any case, most schools won’t send an aid package until after Match Day.Does anyone know if Dell gives scholarships prior to the ranking deadline? I have multiple prematch offers (Dell being one of them), and cost
will likely sway me towards one school vs another.
overnightoats4ever
Full Member
Hello, pre-matched as well. Really so pleasantly surprised! I sounded super funny on the phone call I am sure 🤣
Congrats to the people who prematched! When did you guys interview? I don't know if they go in order and am curious.
Hello, pre-matched as well. Really so pleasantly surprised! I sounded super funny on the phone call I am sure 🤣
PREMATCH!!
I’m hoping it wasn’t a recorded line because I probably blanked twice during the call out of disbelief lol.Hello, pre-matched as well. Really so pleasantly surprised! I sounded super funny on the phone call I am sure 🤣
I interviewed 9/21Congrats to the people who prematched! When did you guys interview? I don't know if they go in order and am curious.
D
deleted880732
If anyone who interviewed in mid-late october gets a prematch can y'all let your girl know so I don't fixate too much on wanting/waiting for one lol, super happy for everyone prematching!! its such a tiny class y'all have so much to be proud of <3 congrats
D
deleted958249
I have heard of many that submitted early but didn't get interviews until January or so. It's a long, gruelling process and many applicants get a second pass in the review process. While I know some people have acceptances, many schools are still interviewing for the next couple months.Have you heard of people receiving interview invites months after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine late july-early august. From the past threads it seems that the later interviews in December/January went to those who submitted their secondary's October and later.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to comment further: no, it’s ok if you don’t go. There are only students at the social and we won’t notice if you don’t show up. The social is for your benefit: get a feel for the school and the projects current students are doing, ask questions about the curriculum, get to know your fellow interviewees. It was really comforting for me to see friendly faces the next day.I don’t men to overthink this, but is missing the social the night before a bad look? I have work and can’t make it.
I agree it is nice for candid feedback, but less so on Zoom tbh. No real 1:1 in that format. You can reach out to any of us on here and we can put you in touch w/ other students if you have specific questions.
Yeah, I legit was coming up with my answer during the third question answering time. So I stared for the first 20ish seconds when I was supposed to be answering. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you gave genuine answers 🙂Anyone who thought they did poorly on the secondary and ended up getting an interview anyway? 😅 Really struggled with nerves in this format
I thought I did pretty bad on the secondary lol Ended up prematching. It's not the end of the road. I'm sure you did better than you think! 😃Anyone who thought they did poorly on the secondary and ended up getting an interview anyway? 😅 Really struggled with nerves in this format
Yeah, I legit was coming up with my answer during the third question answering time. So I stared for the first 20ish seconds when I was supposed to be answering. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you gave genuine answers 🙂
I thought I did pretty bad on the secondary lol Ended up prematching. It's not the end of the road. I'm sure you did better than you think! 😃
Appreciate y'all so much!! Congratulations on the interviews/acceptance ☺️!!
icedlatte2shots
Full Member
If people who interviewed later than me received prematches, will I still be able to match with Dell (since there are interviews until Feb that will be considered for match)?
Yes of course, they don’t fill their entire class number with prematches, and some who prematched to Dell might have other prematches they will rank higher.If people who interviewed later than me received prematches, will I still be able to match with Dell (since there are interviews until Feb that will be considered for match)?
haildotmary
New Member
I interviewed at the first interview date, but haven’t been called about an acceptance. Does that mean I didn’t get a pre-match?
That means they are still thinking you over. They'll compare you to those who interviewed after you. Only 1 in 7 TMDSAS applicants gets a pre-match.I interviewed at the first interview date, but haven’t been called about an acceptance. Does that mean I didn’t get a pre-match?
abcdplzacceptme
Full Member
is there still hope to get a secondary from this school? 🙏🏼
looking through this thread, a few people said they got secondaries between Nov 2 and 5. Dell does take their time with the primaries to select, so maybe-is there still hope to get a secondary from this school? 🙏🏼
Received call for II today! Received and submitted secondary mid September, submitted primary early June
Same! have you got the confirmation email yet?Received call for II today! Received and submitted secondary mid September, submitted primary early June
Yep got it about an hour ago!Same! have you got the confirmation email yet?
thx!Yep got it about an hour ago!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes it’s reasonable to email Dell admissions and let them know you would love to see their school updated in your TMDSAS portal so you can rank themI interviewed 10/22 and still do not have the option to rank Dell in TMDSAS. Has anyone else encountered delays like this? Think I should reach out to admissions yet?
I’m in the same position and did email the admissions team like you’ve advised, but nothing has changed.Yes it’s reasonable to email Dell admissions and let them know you would love to see their school updated in your TMDSAS portal so you can rank them
Read the other posts on this page, has been answered. When were you offered the secondary?Does anyone know if they’re still handing out II? I submitted my secondary early October but have not heard back
9/27!Read the other posts on this page, has been answered. When were you offered the secondary?
Dell is typically delayed. You can give them a call like I did, and they'll send their email faster. However, their typical schedule is to send the email the day before.I got the II call on monday but haven't gotten an email yet. is this normal or should I email and ask them? Cus other people in this thread got the email the same day as the call
Submitted my secondary 8/30 and I just got an II yesterday, 12/17. So, it can still happen. They dates I was offered were Jan 6 and Jan 26/27, can't remember the exact day for the second one.I have heard of many that submitted early but didn't get interviews until January or so. It's a long, gruelling process and many applicants get a second pass in the review process. While I know some people have acceptances, many schools are still interviewing for the next couple months.
I got the confirmation email for the interview date the same day, and they said a more detailed email about the interview day would be sent 2-3 days ahead of the scheduled interview. So, if you didn't get the confirmation email I would contact them. I think it is different than the email they send right before the interview day.Dell is typically delayed. You can give them a call like I did, and they'll send their email faster. However, their typical schedule is to send the email the day before.
Does anyone know how late in the cycle Dell continues to send out secondaries? Just wondering if I still have a chance 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The last one reported the last cycle was Dec 26...Does anyone know how late in the cycle Dell continues to send out secondaries? Just wondering if I still have a chance 🙂
I received an invitation for secondary today.Does anyone know how late in the cycle Dell continues to send out secondaries? Just wondering if I still have a chance 🙂
D
deleted880732
does anyone have a rough estimate of how many prematches have come out?