You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didn’t rank all 9 of the things I ranked 5 of them that I’m interested in is that ok?
EDIT: I withdrew my application due to getting accepted to my top choice PhD program
I just finished the secondary and am going to submit, but it didn't auto-pay my application fee like the other schools have. Does Meharry not participate in FAP? A quick Google search said they did, but I don't want to wait in queue for them to reply to me if it comes to that, haha.
I just finished the secondary and am going to submit, but it didn't auto-pay my application fee like the other schools have. Does Meharry not participate in FAP? A quick Google search said they did, but I don't want to wait in queue for them to reply to me if it comes to that, haha.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EDIT: I withdrew my application due to getting accepted to my top choice PhD program09/14 Received email stating app was in review
9/19 Second email stating app was in review (basically what the first email said)
11/28 Secondary invite
Mine was slightly different
09/12, 09/14, & 09/19: E-mail stating app is in review
11/28: Secondary Invite
Last edited:
Hey everyone. Please take the time to read through the thread. A lot of the questions you are asking have already been asked and answered.
A few people asked this question in the thread. I don't remember what the answer was, but I recommend reading previous pages to confirm.I just finished the secondary and am going to submit, but it didn't auto-pay my application fee like the other schools have. Does Meharry not participate in FAP? A quick Google search said they did, but I don't want to wait in queue for them to reply to me if it comes to that, haha.
I think its worth it if you don't have any other acceptances to fall back on. (Idk your current situation, just making a general statement)Same here got a secondary today. Is it even worth it to submit at this point? Do they only send secondaries to mission fit people?
Sent from my SM-N975U1 using SDN mobile app
Edit: Imo, if you can afford the secondary fee, shoot your shot!
musclequeen
Full Member
Secondary received today!! What?! I didn't think I would be getting secondaries this late. Just read this whole thread, while I wait for my pin to login to complete my secondary. Never received the pin. Checked inbox/spam multiple times over. Anyone else dealing with this? Should I call them?
amazinmedicine
Full Member
Man talk about it no secondary yet either meanwhile people getting A’s already. That’s crazy it’s almost December too
amazinmedicine
Full Member
I finally got a secondary today!
submit date?Man talk about it no secondary yet either meanwhile people getting A’s already. That’s crazy it’s almost December too
submit date?I’m still praying for a secondary. [emoji1488]
No secondary either so this one is a no go 🙁
They send secondaries thru March -April. Sometimes May if their class isn't full. Take this as a W and complete it if you match the missionJust got a secondary, not sure what this means. Are we still in the running 🙁 considering this is so late? Any thoughts?
You hit the create account button? I didn't get a pin until i created an accountSecondary received today!! What?! I didn't think I would be getting secondaries this late. Just read this whole thread, while I wait for my pin to login to complete my secondary. Never received the pin. Checked inbox/spam multiple times over. Anyone else dealing with this? Should I call them?
EDIT: I withdrew my application due to getting accepted to my top choice PhD programHey everyone. Please take the time to read through the thread. A lot of the questions you are asking have already been asked and answered.
A few people asked this question in the thread. I don't remember what the answer was, but I recommend reading previous pages to confirm.
Thanks! And to save anyone time, the answer is apparently "no" and they don't participate in FAP.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got secondary yesterday (11/28) and submitted same day. Fingers crossed I get an II! Good luck everyone!
GOT THE A!!!
Congratulations!Got the A email this afternoon!
Congratulations!!!!!GOT THE A!!!
Thank you! And congrats to you as wellCongratulations!!!!!
azael1
Full Member
CONGRATS I just got it as well! were you able to pay the deposit? my applicant portal is still stuck on thank you for your applicationThank you! And congrats to you as well
GOT THE A!!!
Ended last week on a low, starting this week on a high! Congrats!
premeddie253
Full Member
Congrats!!!!!!!! You worked hard for this!! Did you have 3 interviews?GOT THE A!!!
Anyone know the character count or word limit on the secondary questions?? Or is it just unlimited?? Thanks y'all!
Anyone know the character count or word limit on the secondary questions?? Or is it just unlimited?? Thanks y'all!
Thank you!Unlimited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
azael1
Full Member
507 mcat 3.6 sgpaCongrats to everyone! Do y’all mind listing stats please. Mcat more so.
got the A today!!
Does anyone know what they mean by "most recent disposition" and "disposition?"
The disposition on a criminal record is the current status or final outcome of an arrest or prosecution. Common dispositions are: Convicted: means you have plead or been found guilty by a court of law. Acquitted: means you have been found not guilty by a court of law in a criminal trial.Does anyone know what they mean by "most recent disposition" and "disposition?"
Maybe this? what's the context?
Yea they are working on it if you just got the email todayCONGRATS I just got it as well! were you able to pay the deposit? my applicant portal is still stuck on thank you for your application
medtastic112
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who got in!
Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently?
Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently?
Aspiringdoc246
New Member
Just got an II yesterday afternoon! First one of the cycle so I'm thrilled. Secondary received 10/15, submitted 10/25.
This was asked if you have applied to medical school before/MeharryThe disposition on a criminal record is the current status or final outcome of an arrest or prosecution. Common dispositions are: Convicted: means you have plead or been found guilty by a court of law. Acquitted: means you have been found not guilty by a court of law in a criminal trial.
Maybe this? what's the context?
Haven’t tried yet. Yesterday I just got litttttyyyyyyyyyyyy…I’m going to try to handle that this morning. I’ll let you knowCONGRATS I just got it as well! were you able to pay the deposit? my applicant portal is still stuck on thank you for your application
YesCongrats!!!!!!!! You worked hard for this!! Did you have 3 interviews?
I can’t wait until you get yours!!! Thank you for your words last week. You’re next!Ended last week on a low, starting this week on a high! Congrats!
My top listened to artist on Spotify is Meharrys admission number so they can speed up their proccess.
me neither :/I still didn’t get one. 🧎[emoji2534][emoji3601]
Doctor.apply
Full Member
Congrats! Stats? and IS or OOS?Just got an II yesterday afternoon! First one of the cycle so I'm thrilled. Secondary received 10/15, submitted 10/25.
amazinmedicine
Full Member
I dont understand why everyone always ask what eachothers stats are. No two applications are the same and no two stories are the sameCongrats! Stats? and IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, then they would mean: were you accepted, rejected, or wait listed?This was asked if you have applied to medical school before/Meharry
Some schools will not get to the story unless the stats are there.... for others is irrelevant, but might still give false hope or doom....I dont understand why everyone always ask what eachothers stats are. No two applications are the same and no two stories are the same
Some schools will not get to the story unless the stats are there.... for others is irrelevant, but might still give false hope or doom....
Exactly. Stats matter a lot in this process and they don’t have time to read 9,000 stories, lol. I do believe Meharry does more of a holistic review than most other medical schools.
If you don't want to know about stats, then don't ask. If others do, they are free to ask. I know it doesn't always make a huge difference and there is a great deal of subjectivity involved in admissions decisions. I don't know about others, but when I ask about stats, it's because I want to see how many other low-stat and high-experience applicants are out there. It sometimes depresses me, other times it gives me reassurance to see people's stats. Nobody is forced into revealing their stats. I know people who choose to stay off this forum entirely because that kind of thing causes them anxiety. I've been considering it too tbh because I'm not sure how good it is for my mental health and sanity to be freaking out every time there's a new post on a page of a school I applied to.I dont understand why everyone always ask what eachothers stats are. No two applications are the same and no two stories are the same
Last edited:
Fcbarcrew2023
Full Member
Stats do matter, some schools won’t even consider applicants if stats aren’t up to par. So I think it’s fair to ask.I dont understand why everyone always ask what eachothers stats are. No two applications are the same and no two stories are the same