2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre-II R OOS received just now

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody who interviewed recently heard anything back yet? it's been like three weeks since my last interview :(

i have been “under review since december 7 and JUST received an interview invitation… i’m baffled

Reactions: 4 users
OOS Interview invite today! There is still hope for those waiting. (I am going to decline)

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II today. Been under review since December (will most likely be turning down)

Reactions: 2 users
Been on the waitlist for 5 months with no communication. It feels terrible to feel like you've been forgotten.

Members don't see this ad :)
This process is actually insane, doesn’t school start in like a month? Admissions isn’t freaking rocket science, I genuinely feel bad for those who don’t have an acceptance yet

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A! Last interview was Monday. Had been under review since November.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey yall just wanted to provide an update (hopefully it helps a little bit). since I am on the student admissions committee I might be able to provide some insight. Ms. Dixon notified us recently that a lot of students have withdrawn their acceptances so we will be doing another big round of interviews this upcoming week. So while admissions isn't "rocket science" I believe the team/Ms. Dixon is doing the best she can but she let us know that with constant withdrawals she is having to maneuver things as they happen which is making the process long and hard. i do also know that she sent out a large round of denials at the beginning of this week and plans to send another tomorrow. feel free to message me if you'd like.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey yall just wanted to provide an update (hopefully it helps a little bit). since I am on the student admissions committee I might be able to provide some insight. Ms. Dixon notified us recently that a lot of students have withdrawn their acceptances so we will be doing another big round of interviews this upcoming week. So while admissions isn't "rocket science" I believe the team/Ms. Dixon is doing the best she can but she let us know that with constant withdrawals she is having to maneuver things as they happen which is making the process long and hard. i do also know that she sent out a large round of denials at the beginning of this week and plans to send another tomorrow. feel free to message me if you'd like.
Thank you for the update! Do you have any information on waitlists and how that might move, or are we just basically rejected at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the update! Do you have any information on waitlists and how that might move, or are we just basically rejected at this point?
she told us that she has a meeting next week to review waitlists and making movement. i think there's a revote or something like that.

Is there anyone who has completed the student panel interview not heard from the faculty members to schedule the other interviews?

Just got the A! Does anyone know when orientation week is and what day classes start?

I completed the MMI this past week, pending the student panel this coming week and have not heard anything for the last II. I know the adcom is working hard though. For all of my recently accepted students, what's your plan with orientation starting in 2 weeks? :-/ What are the best housing options?

I completed the MMI this past week, pending the student panel this coming week and have not heard anything for the last II. I know the adcom is working hard though. For all of my recently accepted students, what's your plan with orientation starting in 2 weeks? :-/ What are the best housing options?
Everyone I’ve spoken with says the waitlist for on campus housing is full so your best bet would be to look for housing off campus. I found somewhere that is about 8 mins away from campus and I signed my lease yesterday. It’ll definitely be hard to move in less than two weeks but it’s doable.

Withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from medical schools this cycle. The application process is challenging, and I sincerely hope you all achieve your dreams of becoming doctors, even if it isn’t at Meharry.

Reactions: 3 users
OSS URM A 🙂‍↕️ Waitlisted before A! Stay hopeful yall

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Interview invitation just now! Will be declining offer. Good luck future doctors

OOS II received today. I’m shocked af. Grateful, but also nervous. If I get accepted I just don’t know how I’m going to just up and move in less than two weeks!

• Love
OOS II received today. I’m shocked af. Grateful, but also nervous. If I get accepted I just don’t know how I’m going to just up and move in less than two weeks!
Congrats!! Hopefully, you kill the interview!!

As someone who moved states in 4 days before, start now. looking at places and even filling apps but not submitting. Housing and transportation are necessary. everything else is extras.