2022-2023 Meharry

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a secondary in October... Is it wrong for me to submit it now? Been super busy the last few months but would love to attend. I know its usually late to submit secondaries during this time but I think this may be an exception since they sent the secondaries so late ?
Life happens. Submit it if you’re truly interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received my secondary 10/22 and still haven't heard about a II, so unfortunately join the line 🙁
I don't really know the whole process and even if I did, there's no telling it'd stay the same. I guess what I'm trying to say is, to have faith. I feel like they'll send out a lot of II next month. The holidays will be over soon and they can focus more on reviewing applications.
 
Just curious, how do they determine who gets a secondary and who doesn't? Is it based on GPA + MCAT? Or do they read your personal statement and AMCAS essays and go off that?

It doesn’t state specifics. It states this:

“All applicants do not receive the secondary
application; applicants are prescreened and invited to complete the secondary application if eligible.”

MSAR also states they don’t have a minimum MCAT/GPA for screening. So they may place more emphasis on our essays, but I crafted around this school so still not sure. Ha..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! May I asked when you submitted your secondary and what date you got it last week!!? Interesting, They told me there were going to be on break till the 10th.
They are I got an invite last week and the dates are not very far out at all.
They are I got an invite last week and the dates are not very far out at all.
I'm also super interested in when you submitted your secondary! If you are comfortable sharing.
 
Yes. They will continue to send interviews until the class is officially full which won't be until end of May/early June. They even send out secondaries in April if they need to.

Just buckle up and wait
Geez cuz I need meharry! Do they have lots of WL movement or people decline the seats ?
 
Does Meharry accept the secondary fee waiver? Or are you required to pay. And if not, what’s the cost to submit the secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why so bothered lol
For those of us that joined prior Jan 5, 2023, re-reading the same posts over and over again is nonsensical. I think the concept of not reinventing the wheel is common sense. Its been asked, its been answered, so don't waste pages of a thread meant to provide applicants with new information with recycled questions.

I'm not bothered, I was being gracious enough to offer advice instead of ignoring the poster or posting sarcastic responses like other users. I guess my kindness isn't appreciated.
 
Last edited:
For those of us that joined prior Jan 5, 2023, re-reading the same posts over and over again is nonsensical. I think the concept of not reinventing the wheel is common sense. Its been asked, its been answered, so don't waste pages of a thread meant to provide applicants with new information with recycled questions.

I'm not bothered, I was being gracious enough to offer advice instead of ignoring the poster or posting sarcastic responses like other users. I guess my kindness isn't appreciated.
you can skip over a post 🙂 and it doesn't seem like kindness but rather being a bit of a pushover. Just a thought. And yes, I just joined recently so I can comment instead of just look at others' post. Thanks for your warm welcome with all your kindness lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad