2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received two emails essentially saying the same thing but with minor changes:

first email (Sept 12):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps and the supplemental application as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

second email (Sept 14):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including additional information about the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

I submitted my primary June 11th, processed July 12th.

I got the latter. Wonder why they have 2 different versions...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current M2 at Cooper (which I love so far), but also received an interview invite at Meharry. I was complete at Meharry in late September 2020 because they sent out secondaries in late September that year. And then I didn’t receive an interview invite (II) until late May!! So don’t worry if you’re waiting on a secondary still.

Also, consider applying to Cooper too even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ, right next to Philly), PARTICULARLY if you have a strong service background! I was OOS and I still applied to Cooper and I’m so happy I chose it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with about half my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention and early patient interaction (all students are required to work at free community clinic). And it’s not too late to apply if you submit soon, because they truly take a holistic look at each student!

Do you remember what the timeline was for receiving each consecutive step? Like how long after primary did you get the secondary? How long after II? How long after A?

first email (Sept 12):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps and the supplemental application as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

second email (Sept 14):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including additional information about the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

+1 but I submitted my primary June 30th, processed August 1st

Reactions: 1 user
Do you remember what the timeline was for receiving each consecutive step? Like how long after primary did you get the secondary? How long after II? How long after A?
At Meharry, primary was approved in late June, got the secondary in late September, II in late May. And then I didn't interview at this school, so I didn't get an A.

At Cooper, I submitted my primary in like October, got secondary a few days later, got II in January, interviewed/waitlisted in March, and A in early May.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok so posting here once again because Meharry has finally decided to mass send their emails but now their inviting me to their virtual informational session. My friend where is the secondary PLEASE I AM BEGGING 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Hey yall. I see in the last year's thread, there are posts confirming Meharry accepts MCAT re-takes in January. Does anyone know where I can verify this information? I can't find it on their website.

current M1 here. Applying to Meharry takes a lot of patience because this past cycle alone they have about 9k applications! i have many classmates who were interviewed and admitted in May/June and they submitted super early and had pretty good MCAT scores. Don’t give up. If anyone has any particular questions, don’t be afraid to private message or reply to me in this thread.

Reactions: 9 users
Lol this the third time Meharry sent me an acknowledgment email

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is Meharry sending the same email like 3 times over lol?

Reactions: 15 users

first email (Sept 12):

second email (Sept 14):

I just got a third email. This time:

"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including receipt of the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

Reactions: 2 users
I just got my 2nd similar email confirmation. Its funny how it reads like a rejection email, lol.

Reactions: 7 users
This is the third time I thought I got rejected pre-secondary from this school

Reactions: 9 users
third time for me too I acknowledge u acknowledge my app atp meharry </3

also got the same email today, but i wonder why some people have gotten 3 and others have gotten 2 emails?

also got the same email today, but i wonder why some people have gotten 3 and others have gotten 2 emails?
I'm assuming its based on when you applied. Seems like they send them every week. I have 2, and I applied less than 2 weeks ago. I think the people who applied earlier in the cycle have 3.

Just got the acknowledgment email …. for the third time.

Reactions: 3 users
But what is the point of sending three similar emails?

Interview invite in May is scary man. I need some certainty in my future so I can relax and enjoy the rest of my year lol

that’s exactly what i’m saying! the app process def needs some reform bc how am i required to put down a non refundable deposit for one school by december when some school so interview till may! pls🥲

that’s exactly what i’m saying! the app process def needs some reform bc how am i required to put down a non refundable deposit for one school by december when some school so interview till may! pls🥲
This sounds like the dilemma of a competitive applicant. Some of us will take an interview the week before classes start! :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Came here to see if anyone else got that email three times and now i'm feeling better that it's not just me 🙃

This sounds like the dilemma of a competitive applicant. Some of us will take an interview the week before classes start! :rofl:

LOL def not a competitive applicant just something i’ve heard being a dilemma! ofc every interview is a privilege but i don’t think it’s wrong to admit that there’s issues with the application cycle

LOL def not a competitive applicant just something i’ve heard being a dilemma! ofc every interview is a privilege but i don’t think it’s wrong to admit that there’s issues with the application cycle
Nah for sure. Their application process is unsual. Hopefully we hear back sooner rather than later.

Just got the acknowledgment email …. for the third time.
It's nervewracking and unprofessional. Every one of us is constantly checking their inbox and to get these useless emails is frustratiing.

Last year secondaries didn't go out until 9/28. Don't panics this is a pefectly normal phenomena for Meharry, they pre-screen manually.

In the info session this afternoon, they stated that they may start to send secondaries in a couple weeks, but that’s not set in stone

In the info session this afternoon, they stated that they may start to send secondaries in a couple weeks, but that’s not set in stone

It’s ok. We’re not holding our breath.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
In a couple weeks, oh lord this school is something else. Many schools will be sending acceptance in the next couple of weeks while their still seconding secondaries.

Reactions: 4 users
There was an info session? Is this on their website?

There was an info session? Is this on their website?
Not on the website, no. They sent an email on 9/15 to sign up for a 9/22 or 9/23 session. Another email was sent this past Tuesday for a session on 9/27 or 9/29.

welcome to hbcu’s guys. if their admissions is taking this long, imagine how long it takes to get everything else done🥱

Not on the website, no. They sent an email on 9/15 to sign up for a 9/22 or 9/23 session. Another email was sent this past Tuesday for a session on 9/27 or 9/29.
I never got any of these emails.

You can try to email them at [email protected] and see if they‘ll provide you with the sign-up link. Idk how quickly they’ll respond, but it’s worth a shot

I think this may be the Info Session they’re referring to. Not sure but I found it on the website.

Last edited:
What they need is an info session on why they so late with these secondaries?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
What they need is an info session on why they so late with these secondaries?
I'm thinking it's a natural weed out process. They weed out the folks who are using Meharry as a backup school. Those who genuinely want to go will apply no matter how late they send out secondaries and schedule interviews.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone. Weird question but did anyone else complete the MHS program or is currently enrolled and receive an email about a meeting on the 31st?

I'm thinking it's a natural weed out process. They weed out the folks who are using Meharry as a backup school. Those who genuinely want to go will apply no matter how late they send out secondaries and schedule interviews.
i added their primary back in June.. they are my tops besides the other HBCUS