2022-2023 Meharry

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received two emails essentially saying the same thing but with minor changes:

first email (Sept 12):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps and the supplemental application as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

second email (Sept 14):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including additional information about the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

I submitted my primary June 11th, processed July 12th.

I got the latter. Wonder why they have 2 different versions...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current M2 at Cooper (which I love so far), but also received an interview invite at Meharry. I was complete at Meharry in late September 2020 because they sent out secondaries in late September that year. And then I didn’t receive an interview invite (II) until late May!! So don’t worry if you’re waiting on a secondary still.

Also, consider applying to Cooper too even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ, right next to Philly), PARTICULARLY if you have a strong service background! I was OOS and I still applied to Cooper and I’m so happy I chose it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with about half my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention and early patient interaction (all students are required to work at free community clinic). And it’s not too late to apply if you submit soon, because they truly take a holistic look at each student!

Do you remember what the timeline was for receiving each consecutive step? Like how long after primary did you get the secondary? How long after II? How long after A?
 
I received two emails essentially saying the same thing but with minor changes:

first email (Sept 12):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps and the supplemental application as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

second email (Sept 14):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including additional information about the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

I submitted my primary June 11th, processed July 12th.
+1 but I submitted my primary June 30th, processed August 1st
 
Do you remember what the timeline was for receiving each consecutive step? Like how long after primary did you get the secondary? How long after II? How long after A?
At Meharry, primary was approved in late June, got the secondary in late September, II in late May. And then I didn't interview at this school, so I didn't get an A.

At Cooper, I submitted my primary in like October, got secondary a few days later, got II in January, interviewed/waitlisted in March, and A in early May.
 
current M1 here. Applying to Meharry takes a lot of patience because this past cycle alone they have about 9k applications! i have many classmates who were interviewed and admitted in May/June and they submitted super early and had pretty good MCAT scores. Don’t give up. If anyone has any particular questions, don’t be afraid to private message or reply to me in this thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received two emails essentially saying the same thing but with minor changes:

first email (Sept 12):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps and the supplemental application as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

second email (Sept 14):
"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including additional information about the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."

I submitted my primary June 11th, processed July 12th.
I just got a third email. This time:

"This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2022 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication regarding next steps, including receipt of the secondary application, as the admissions committee reviews your application. Thank you for your patience during the review process as the committee completes a holistic evaluation of your credentials."
 
Interview invite in May is scary man. I need some certainty in my future so I can relax and enjoy the rest of my year lol

that’s exactly what i’m saying! the app process def needs some reform bc how am i required to put down a non refundable deposit for one school by december when some school so interview till may! pls🥲
 
LOL def not a competitive applicant[emoji88] just something i’ve heard being a dilemma! ofc every interview is a privilege but i don’t think it’s wrong to admit that there’s issues with the application cycle
Nah for sure. Their application process is unsual. Hopefully we hear back sooner rather than later.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this may be the Info Session they’re referring to. Not sure but I found it on the website.

 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this may be the Info Session they’re referring to. Not sure but I found it on the website.

thank you for sharing 🙂
 
Hello everyone. Weird question but did anyone else complete the MHS program or is currently enrolled and receive an email about a meeting on the 31st?