You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SnailPo
Full Member
I’m not entirely sure but from the info session, they said last year, they received appx. 8100 AMCAS apps, and sent out less than 4000 secondaries, so I think they’re really looking for people who fit their missionI read in this thread they don’t send them out to everyone, does anyone know how they choose when/to whom they want to send them to?
+1Secondary received a few minutes ago at 2:34 am EDT
OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1061520
+1Secondary received a few minutes ago at 2:34 am EDT
OOS
ricksthedr
Full Member
Secondary received a few minutes ago at 2:34 am EDT
OOS
+1!!
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Same got my secondary at 2:34am EDT and im OOSSecondary received a few minutes ago at 2:34 am EDT
OOS
+1 exact same time, OOS tooSame got my secondary at 2:34am EDT and im OOS
+1Secondary received a few minutes ago at 2:34 am EDT
OOS
FutureMDCol
Full Member
does anyone know how we can put the fee waiver from FAP in the application? It only gives me an option to pay
nah still waiting
and lots of people from my university go to Meharry
Did everyone get secondary?
Nope. Still waiting for mine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ricksthedr
Full Member
if you support yourself financially, for the lost sources of financial support do you just put self?
snakattack_22
Full Member
OOS Secondary received yesterday at 11:34 PM PST!! 🙂
I am waiting too for secondaryNope. Still waiting for mine.
FutureMDCol
Full Member
I didif you support yourself financially, for the lost sources of financial support do you just put self?
pumpkinspicelover
Full Member
I'm a little confused on what the "application history" is asking? Is it just asking about previous applications to Meharry??
SnailPo
Full Member
Meharry doesn’t accept FAP to waive the secondary feedoes anyone know how we can put the fee waiver from FAP in the application? It only gives me an option to pay
Application Fee or Waiver: A Non-Refundable processing fee of $65 is required with submission of this Supplemental Application and will be processed electronically by CollegeNet. Credit card and electronic check are the only payment options. Please do not send a separate payment to Meharry. Students eligible for Waivers have been pre-approved by AMCAS and should select the Fee Waiver Option at the Payment screen.does anyone know how we can put the fee waiver from FAP in the application? It only gives me an option to pay
FutureMDCol
Full Member
so they do take fee waivers. The option just doesn't pop up for me. hmmm, I'll contact the help desk. if anyone else has a similar problem lmk pleaseApplication Fee or Waiver: A Non-Refundable processing fee of $65 is required with submission of this Supplemental Application and will be processed electronically by CollegeNet. Credit card and electronic check are the only payment options. Please do not send a separate payment to Meharry. Students eligible for Waivers have been pre-approved by AMCAS and should select the Fee Waiver Option at the Payment screen.
NervousButHopefu11
New Member
lmao...for real. I was like "why am I receiving an email for a secondary at 1am?"+1, Meharry sending “u up?” emails 😂
Hey yall whats the word count on the secondaries.
There is no word count.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
In the secondary, when it asks “List your sources of financial support” does this mean like financial support thru undergrad, currently, or like in the future for medical school? I’m my own source of financial support? lol
In the secondary, when it asks “List your sources of financial support” does this mean like financial support thru undergrad, currently, or like in the future for medical school? I’m my own source of financial support? lol
I only listed current sources.
When am I going to get my secondary? This school is playing on me they are. I need all my fades run if I dont get a secondary by this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When am I going to get my secondary? This school is playing on me they are. I need all my fades run if I dont get a secondary by this week.
I think the the secondary is the least of it. I’m more concerned with interviews going right through June. I’ll take an acceptance any time, but I’m non-traditional, so I’d love as much notice as I can get before moving my family to another state.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I second this question… If someone has some insight please shareYes I never understood how that’s supposed to work. I’ve heard of students getting acceptances (not necessarily at Meharry) essentially just days before classes start. How do you even get set up in that situation?
Yes I never understood how that’s supposed to work. I’ve heard of students getting acceptances (not necessarily at Meharry) essentially just days before classes start. How do you even get set up in that situation?
From lurking on SDN and Reddit, the only time students are accepted literally a week or less before classes start is because they were on the waitlist and just got accepted off that waitlist and either it's their #1 top choice school or its their only acceptance at all and they are more than willing to join the class that late.I second this question… If someone has some insight please share
I've read stories of people being accepted even during orientation week.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
That sounds extremely stressful… is this common for them do this to OOS students???From lurking on SDN and Reddit, the only time students are accepted literally a week or less before classes start is because they were on the waitlist and just got accepted off that waitlist and either it's their #1 top choice school or its their only acceptance at all and they are more than willing to join the class that late.
I've read stories of people being accepted even during orientation week.
That sounds extremely stressful… is this common for them do this to OOS students???
This happens at many schools. The waitlist is composed of in and out of state applicants, so it’s definitely possible to get off of it at the last minute. It’s stressful, but I personally believe the idea of not getting into a single school and reapplying all over again for another cycle is even worse. That’s why I’ve mentally prepared myself for this just in case.
I feel that you'll get in somewhere, you got this!This happens at many schools. The waitlist is composed of in and out of state applicants, so it’s definitely possible to get off of it at the last minute. It’s stressful, but I personally believe the idea of not getting into a single school and reapplying all over again for another cycle is even worse. That’s why I’ve mentally prepared myself for this just in case.
I’m glad that I don’t have a family I’d have to move with me if I’m accepted. I can see how a last minute acceptance could be a huge pivot and I feel for people who are trying to plan. Btw, does anyone know what housing is like in Nashville? I know Meharry has housing and they seem affordable compared to other places in the city. Is there a lot to do in Nashville for younger folks?
OOS II received today! secondary submitted on 10/10
OOS II received today! secondary submitted on 10/10
Congrats! Hope I hear back soon. I submitted the same day and I really want to go here!
Congrats! Hope I hear back soon. I submitted the same day and I really want to go here!
Ditto. Happy for everyone getting II right now.
Damn I’m still without a secondary! When did y’all submit your orimary
they gave me the options of 10/20 and 10/23What dates are they offering for the interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Did they end up responding?so they do take fee waivers. The option just doesn't pop up for me. hmmm, I'll contact the help desk. if anyone else has a similar problem lmk please
D
deleted1061520
Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your stats?II this afternoon! Submitted on the 10th
D
deleted1061520
Congrats. Do you mind sharing your stats?OOS II received today! secondary submitted on 10/10
they told me they don't actually take fee waiversDid they end up responding?
3.97gpa, 505mcatCongrats. Do you mind sharing your stats?