2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if this is indicative of this cycle as a whole running a bit slower. I’ve heard people say it’s been slower this year. I know for a fact I had Meharry’s secondary in my inbox in mid-late September last year.
Last year they send some in late spring.

Members don't see this ad.

Secondaries ??
This should be helpful for those with anxiety.

Members don't see this ad :)
secondary received today just now.

Look at God!

1664980735550.png

Reactions: 5 users
Please what are the secondary prompt questions for those who already got their secondary?

yes so two essay questions, one on why you wish to attend and the other on resilience (challenge essay) and what coping skill you used to get over the obstacle. it does not distinguish a word count and gives you the ability to upload the document.
Ok, thank you.

Anyone still waiting for Meharry secondary? Have we been screened out?

Reactions: 6 users
Still waiting
Def still waiting. I know SDN isn't representative of the pool of applicants, but I doubt only 1 person on here is going to be given a secondary. We just have to wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Def still waiting. I know SDN isn't representative of the pool of applicants, but I doubt only 1 person on here is going to be given a secondary. We just have to wait.
They really hand screen so It will be a while.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so posting here once again because Meharry has finally decided to mass send their emails but now their inviting me to their virtual informational session. My friend where is the secondary PLEASE I AM BEGGING 😭😭
wait i never got an invite to a virtual informational session 😭 when is it?

Anyone else get an under review email after submitting the secondary?

Any Canadian/international applicant still waiting for a secondary? Submitted primary early September but didn’t receive the secondary email.

No Secondary OOS applicant. Submitted primary to meharry early august. When did they start scheduling II last year.

Reactions: 3 users
No Secondary OOS applicant. Submitted primary to meharry early august. When did they start scheduling II last year.
Based on last year’s thread, they started sending II about a month after sending secondary. So in November. Let’s hope we get our secondary soon for the rest of us.

Reactions: 1 users
Btw if anyone is planning on attending any of the Meharry 101 sessions, they have already concluded the medicine ones :) those will not resume until 2023. I wasn't sure if people were aware because I just attended a session and it was for dentistry lols

Reactions: 9 users
Are they sending secondaries in batches? Or sending them to super competitive applicants with high MCATS/gpas first? I definitely fit Meharrys mission and my MCAT is in the 500s, GPA is in their 75th percentile, and a disadvantaged applicant so I feel like I wouldn't be screened out... I'm wondering why I haven't received one :'( Would it be okay to email their admissions and ask?

Nah they are very very slow. Don’t worry many of us have not received secondaries I wouldn’t be worrrie yet!

Are they sending secondaries in batches? Or sending them to super competitive applicants with high MCATS/gpas first? I definitely fit Meharrys mission and my MCAT is in the 500s, GPA is in their 75th percentile, and a disadvantaged applicant so I feel like I wouldn't be screened out... I'm wondering why I haven't received one :'( Would it be okay to email their admissions and ask?
I don't know about contacting admissions, but I got a secondary and I'm not "super competitive" in terms of MCAT and GPA, so that's def not the reason why you didn't get one.

A few people have said they screen manually, so if that's the case, there is going to be a lot of variance in when people hear back. I've worked in a office (not med school) where candidates were screened manually and they literally give a bunch a people a pile of applications and some staff get through their pile faster than others.

Last edited:
I don't know about contacting admissions, but I got a secondary and I'm not "super competitive" in terms of MCAT and GPA, so that's def not the reason why you didn't get one.

A few people have said they screen manually, so if that's the case, there is going to be a lot of variance in when people here back. I've worked in a office (not med school) where candidates were screened manually and they literally give a bunch a people a pile of applications and some staff get through their pile faster than others.
Thanks for your response! makes sm sense

Secondary received a few minutes ago at 2:34 am EDT
OOS

I read in this thread they don’t send them out to everyone, does anyone know how they choose when/to whom they want to send them to?