You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone! I'm prepping to apply next cycle and wanted to know if someone would be willing to share the secondary prompts from this year. I didn't see them pinned to this thread and the only other list I found for Meharry is from 2021.
1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College School of Medicine?
2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge, or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you sm! I really appreciate it.1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College School of Medicine?
2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge, or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.
I received that too lol.I got an update email from admissions this morning saying my application is under review. I don’t know if that has any significance this late in the cycle lol. Did anyone else get it?
Not meI got an update email from admissions this morning saying my application is under review. I don’t know if that has any significance this late in the cycle lol. Did anyone else get it?
What phone number are yall calling? I havent seen one just the email
For those of us who got admit hold, is there anything we need to do again? Ms Dixon told me not to do anything, but I wanted hear from others who were on admit hold if they also got a similar answer. And I hope for all of us that spots become available so we can all get admitted.
walkingbyfaith23
Full Member
Does anyone know that since they are doing both admit hold and waitlist if there is any chance of getting off the waitlist for those who are waitlisted?
iceylatte
Full Member
I don't really think there's anything to do but just wait for movement (likely in May), pray, and hope for the bestFor those of us who got admit hold, is there anything we need to do again? Ms Dixon told me not to do anything, but I wanted hear from others who were on admit hold if they also got a similar answer. And I hope for all of us that spots become available so we can all get admitted.
I got an update email from admissions this morning saying my application is under review. I don’t know if that has any significance this late in the cycle lol. Did anyone else get it?
+1, got that email yesterday too. thought it was an R
Anyone with sub 500 mcat admitted> ?
G0dwink246
Full Member
anyone still waiting for their interviewer to contact them 🙁 its been weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can anyone who lives in Nashville can tell me if Glendale would be a okay/safe area to live in?
I’ve been looking on crime rate map and talking to others who I know live and it looks like no. Good areas are like hermitage,bellevue, Brentwood, and germantown
Thanks! Those areas are all super expensive sadly lolI’ve been looking on crime rate map and talking to others who I know live and it looks like no. Good areas are like hermitage,bellevue, Brentwood, and germantown
Thanks! Those areas are all super expensive sadly lol
Yeah I know lol but safety is worth it to me. Hendersonville might be a little less but it is 30 min from meharry.
I am! And there is no one to reach out about it!anyone still waiting for their interviewer to contact them 🙁 its been weeks.
Hey! i had this same issue a while back and Ms. Dixon helped. her email is [email protected].I am! And there is no one to reach out about it!
G0dwink246
Full Member
did that already she said I'd hear back soon but still nothing
Pre-II R today. I was expecting it though. If ur curious of my stats:
URM, female
Sub 500 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 masters (not at MMC).
4500 hours research
100 hrs clinical
Volunteer non clinical hours ~200
I made the decision to apply in 2024 once I drastically increase my MCAT score and get my hours up. I find it difficult to actively volunteer since I work FT, but I’ll find a way. Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone xoxo
URM, female
Sub 500 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 masters (not at MMC).
4500 hours research
100 hrs clinical
Volunteer non clinical hours ~200
I made the decision to apply in 2024 once I drastically increase my MCAT score and get my hours up. I find it difficult to actively volunteer since I work FT, but I’ll find a way. Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone xoxo
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that!! May I ask did you get a secondary and when?
Sorry to hear about that!! May I ask did you get a secondary and when?
Thanks man. Received 11/28, sent 12/1
mdforthepeeps
New Member
Finally got the II😭 does anybody who interviewed recently know if the first interview is a group or individual? The wording from Ms. Dixon’s email is kinda throwing me
dchmie1996
Full Member
II today... didn't even realize any schools were still interviewing this late and stressed because I've been planning on going DO for the last 4 months. I'm assuming I would be interviewing for the waitlist but can anybody confirm if there's any movement historically or not? For what it's worth I'm ORM, OOS, 3.6X cumulative, 50X (took the MCAT twice and went up 12 points from the first), heavy leadership/ECs from undergrad, and 10k clinical hours
ssdesigorl74
Full Member
Finally got the II[emoji24] does anybody who interviewed recently know if the first interview is a group or individual? The wording from Ms. Dixon’s email is kinda throwing me
Congratulations!!
mdforthepeeps
New Member
Thank you! And nvm to my previous question it’s def a group interview
Congrats everyone on getting IIs!!! Fingers crossed they send out some more!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend interviewed june and got acceptedII today... didn't even realize any schools were still interviewing this late and stressed because I've been planning on going DO for the last 4 months. I'm assuming I would be interviewing for the waitlist but can anybody confirm if there's any movement historically or not? For what it's worth I'm ORM, OOS, 3.6X cumulative, 50X (took the MCAT twice and went up 12 points from the first), heavy leadership/ECs from undergrad, and 10k clinical hours
ssdesigorl74
Full Member
Facts hope they send out more
I really hoped they would send some out today
Does anyone know how much meharry gives per year for living expenses if we take out full loans
packfan92
Full Member
Does anyone know how much meharry gives per year for living expenses if we take out full loans
Sorry to hear that. I’m glad that you are going to reapply.Pre-II R today. I was expecting it though. If ur curious of my stats:
URM, female
Sub 500 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 masters (not at MMC).
4500 hours research
100 hrs clinical
Volunteer non clinical hours ~200
I made the decision to apply in 2024 once I drastically increase my MCAT score and get my hours up. I find it difficult to actively volunteer since I work FT, but I’ll find a way. Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone xoxo
G0dwink246
Full Member
any one have any feedback on the MMI portion of the interview?
Hey, the MMI was my last interview . I didn’t receive any feedback . My interviewer just asked follow up questions , but that’s about all.any one have any feedback on the MMI portion of the interview?
Wht your mcat scoreSorry to hear that. I’m glad that you are going to reapply.
Is Meharry pass fail?
SnailPo
Full Member
They use letter gradesIs Meharry pass fail?
G0dwink246
Full Member
how was it though? how many scenarios did they present you with?Hey, the MMI was my last interview . I didn’t receive any feedback . My interviewer just asked follow up questions , but that’s about all.
It wasn’t bad. I had 2 minutes to read the scenarios & come up with a response . I also had two scenarios for mine.how was it though? how many scenarios did they present you with?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The whole process was like 10 minutesIt wasn’t bad. I had 2 minutes to read the scenarios & come up with a response . I also had two scenarios for mine.
G0dwink246
Full Member
kk thank you guys!! also did they tell you when you can expect to hear about a decision upon completion of your interviews?The whole process was like 10 minutes
I believe the timeline is different for everyone. My last interview was at the beginning of April , and I received an email a week later letting me know that I was on the admit hold list. So, I’m just waiting now….. hoping a seat becomes availablekk thank you guys!! also did they tell you when you can expect to hear about a decision upon completion of your interviews?
drinthemaking!
Full Member
Got the A today after admit hold in Feb! It says I have 10 days to pay a deposit in order to reserve my slot for the Class... does anyone know if i can remain on other waitists after this 10 days? the deadlines are a bit confusing
Last edited:
No interview yet smh