2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was recently accepted but never got an invite to the Facebook group. Did this come via email?
Did you get accepted recently? I got my invite for the Facebook group on 3/3 via email

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody got waitlisted from here? I've only heard of As and Rs. I'm on 3 other WLs and I don't know if I can take a 4th one lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a interview here this week. Any tips?
It definitely depends a bit on your interviewer, but for me it was a really fast paced interview with a lot of questions crammed in. They knew my application along with its weak points and kind of grilled me about them lol. I would say to just know your app well and be able to answer about your weaknesses and also be prepared to answer some situational MMI style questions as well. Hope that helps a bit and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview here this week. Any tips
Know your application well. They ask your back to back questions which can get tense but also do acknowledge your answers (supportive in a way). But pretty much pratice the basic questions to all osteopathic schools like why do, why medicine, experience with DO docs, etc.. It was a good interview, but it was def tense.

Interviewed on 3/13
Called today (3/21) with the A

Super grateful as this is my only acceptance of the cycle and I'm still processing the fact that I finally made it o_O
This thread has been extremely helpful to me so I would like to pass it forward. If anyone has an upcoming interview please feel free to pm me with questions :giggle:

Reactions: 6 users
+1 A, interviewed last week as well and it's also my first/only A of the cycle, still reeling from the news honestly

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone felt grilled during interview but got an acceptance later?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This morning
Haha I definitely interpreted your post as you got an acceptance but felt grilled during your interview my bad. The interview for me was very fast paced, lots of different types of questions, but I never really felt grilled by any means. Some people I know personally have felt like they were grilled and got accepted though.

Haha I definitely interpreted your post as you got an acceptance but felt grilled during your interview my bad. The interview for me was very fast paced, lots of different types of questions, but I never really felt grilled by any means. Some people I know personally have felt like they were grilled and got accepted though.
Ops, I felt grilled by one of the interviewers and more towards the end. It was also fast paced for me, lots of questions. We actually finished 5 minutes late. But just trying to see if others had similar experience but still got accepted later on. Thank you for your answer though.

Secondary submitted 2/28
Interview Invite 2/28
Interviewed 3/16
Accepted 3/22 :)

I am very, very grateful -- so far, 3 interview invites, 2 acceptances, and 1 still pending

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone get an email prior to their interview with information about their interviewer(s)? Mine is on Monday and I haven't received anything about the interview besides the reminder interview email which I just received a few minutes ago. Just curious if we receive their names so we have time to do any research into their background!

Did anyone get an email prior to their interview with information about their interviewer(s)? Mine is on Monday and I haven't received anything about the interview besides the reminder interview email which I just received a few minutes ago. Just curious if we receive their names so we have time to do any research into their background!
Yes you do get an email I believe the day prior to interview.

Reactions: 1 users
What do you think of a thank you email after interview?

What do you think of a thank you email after interview?
people consider them as a "courtesy" but I regard them almost like a soft requirement. they go a long way in shaping your interviewer's perception of you- and you want to do anything that'll add to a positive impression of you as they're writing their evaluation

Anyone who interviewed last week heard anything? The school seems to be pretty quick with communication so I was wondering. Thanks

Did anyone who got the email about the Facebook group last week get invited to it? I filled out the form but I still haven't seen anything since then

I decided to forgo my acceptance here and I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!

Did anybody have a really hard time understanding the guy conducting the interview (really, really thick accent). I feel like I could have done way better on this interview! In general the interview seemed very rushed and the interviewer also was relatively rude. Kinda nervous now.

Did anybody have a really hard time understanding the guy conducting the interview (really, really thick accent). I feel like I could have done way better on this interview! In general the interview seemed very rushed and the interviewer also was relatively rude. Kinda nervous now.
Was is Dr Pramanik? If so, yes, he was hard to understand as well and English is my second language. There was a time he interrupted me saying he couldn’t follow my story and that he was lost, I kindly explained to him but seriously, I felt I was done. He was more condescending than rude to me. The other interviewer was a sweetheart.

I still haven’t heard anything back and I interviewed a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Yes it was! I agree, that he was definitely condescending. There were times when he would just interrupt me and move on to a new question before I could finish the previous one, AND he told me the same thing, that he could not understand my story ! I am usually very good with online interviews, and I feel like this one wasn't very good at all, for the reason of how condescending and rushed he was. I recently just graduated with my bachelor's degree, and he asked me if I have any published research, and when I told him 'no,' he said that he typically prefers students with published research. In honesty, I've never met another student my age who is published yet, so this perplexed me. And yes, the other interviewer was very sweet. I also have not heard anything back yet. Ughhh

Has anyone from the 3/27 interview day heard back yet?

What time frame during the day are the interviews usually? I’m scheduled to work and am trying to figure out if I need to get someone to cover my shift etc?

What time frame during the day are the interviews usually? I’m scheduled to work and am trying to figure out if I need to get someone to cover my shift etc?
9-11 am MST (mine was on a Monday) for the information session with individual interviews ranging a few hours after that. I selected the individual interview for 11:15 so I was able to basically roll right into it and be done by noon. My individual interview was only about 25 minutes! I know they offered Thursday options for the individual interview, however. I just am not sure of the time.

Hey y’all I originally applied to Harlem/Middleton, got an offer to interview 03/23 for Montana after the seats were full.

How did y’all feel about the Info session?Any questions/concerns they didn’t address or you still have?

My interview is on 04/20. Any advice?

So far I have 2WLs and a seat for next Fall in another school.

Quote Reply

Hey y’all I originally applied to Harlem/Middleton, got an offer to interview 03/23 for Montana after the seats were full.

How did y’all feel about the Info session?Any questions/concerns they didn’t address or you still have?

Quote Reply
My interview was very tough. The interviewer was rather rude, and the whole thing was quite rushed. If I started to take "too long" on one question the interviewer would simply interrupt with another question before I could finish and when I tried to finish my thought, he said that question was over. So it is very chop, chop type interview. I tried to focus on personal experiences with the medical field and this tactic didn't seem to impress the interviewer at all so beware of that approach. There was one instance where I said that "one of the reasons I chose the medical feild was when my mother became critically ill and there was nothing I could do to help, and so I was determined then to make a difference in the medical feild and help as many patients that I could as a physician..." the man literally rolled his eyes at me. One other thing, is that my interviewer had an extremely thick accent and was extremely hard to understand, and I come from a family who's second language is English. In several instances he said that he did not understand my answers. For example, in one sentence I used the phrase "academically attractive" which seemed to totally confuse him, and the co-interviewer told, him " oh the student does not mean attractive in like a physical way, but a figure of speech." (I was like oh wows). And be prepared to be grilled! The questions were easy, but if you do not answer exactly to his liking, he will just drill down. Lastly, if you have any belowish grades or your first try on the MCAT could have been better, be prepared to be torn into on this topic so have an answer of why you think you did not do well on the subject and how you could improve it.

Also I am from Great Falls so if you have any questions reach out!

My interview was very tough. The interviewer was rather rude, and the whole thing was quite rushed. If I started to take "too long" on one question the interviewer would simply interrupt with another question before I could finish and when I tried to finish my thought, he said that question was over. So it is very chop, chop type interview. I tried to focus on personal experiences with the medical field and this tactic didn't seem to impress the interviewer at all so beware of that approach. There was one instance where I said that "one of the reasons I chose the medical feild was when my mother became critically ill and there was nothing I could do to help, and so I was determined then to make a difference in the medical feild and help as many patients that I could as a physician..." the man literally rolled his eyes at me. One other thing, is that my interviewer had an extremely thick accent and was extremely hard to understand, and I come from a family who's second language is English. In several instances he said that he did not understand my answers. For example, in one sentence I used the phrase "academically attractive" which seemed to totally confuse him, and the co-interviewer told, him " oh the student does not mean attractive in like a physical way, but a figure of speech." (I was like oh wows). And be prepared to be grilled! The questions were easy, but if you do not answer exactly to his liking, he will just drill down. Lastly, if you have any belowish grades or your first try on the MCAT could have been better, be prepared to be torn into on this topic so have an answer of why you think you did not do well on the subject and how you could improve it.

Sounds like we had the exact same interviewer lol (I interviewed back in January). I wrote a post-interview "thoughts" post here back in January (which I have since deleted because I felt like it was a sugar coated review of the interview) and honestly now that I've interviewed (and been accepted) at other schools, I can say for sure that I was being way too forgiving about the interview quality I experienced. This interview was extremely strict, rushed, and quite crass. I really got grilled on my stats in ways that (in hindsight) were not very nice at all. This interviewer went down my transcript and singled out every "bad" grade I had (which at the time I didn't know was unusual because this was my first interview) o_O. This is not meant to shed a negative light on the school in any way, I just think this interviewer is unfortunately not a great fit for this role. Feel free to PM if you want to talk to someone about specific interview related experiences and about concerns o_O

Last edited:

Quote Reply

Unlike the last two replies I didn't have the same interviewer and my experience was very relaxed. They didn't respond very in depth to my responses but enough that I felt listened to and it was most likely for the sake of time.

They recently sent out the dates for orientation, first day of classes, and the white coat ceremony but otherwise there's not much info available about the aspects of the school that aren't New York based - from what I can tell, the building still isn't 100% complete.

Unlike the last two replies I didn't have the same interviewer and my experience was very relaxed. They didn't respond very in depth to my responses but enough that I felt listened to and it was most likely for the sake of time.

They recently sent out the dates for orientation, first day of classes, and the white coat ceremony but otherwise there's not much info available about the aspects of the school that aren't New York based - from what I can tell, the building still isn't 100% complete.
my experience was similar to this. it wasn't my best interview, but I didn't leave the interview feeling anything negative.

i missed this. did they send it out via email?

Is there any accepted student groups on GroupMe or Facebook? Just got the call not too long ago and I am ecstatic. First acceptance 🥹

i missed this. did they send it out via email?
And @squigglyshana

I emailed over the weekend asking about the schedule and they seemed surprised I hadn't gotten it - apparently they sent out an announcement recently with the dates

I also hadn't paid my 2nd deposit yet so I'm wondering if that affected who did and didn't get it?

Is there any accepted student groups on GroupMe or Facebook? Just got the call not too long ago and I am ecstatic. First acceptance 🥹
Congratulations!!! There's a Facebook group run by the school admin but it's private and I still haven't been added to it yet either, but you should get an email within a week or 2 giving the info on how to join!

• Love
Going a little nuts here. It’s been about 4 weeks I interviewed and I still haven’t heard anything back. Should I reach out?

Sounds like we had the exact same interviewer lol (I interviewed back in January). I wrote a post-interview "thoughts" post here back in January (which I have since deleted because I felt like it was a sugar coated review of the interview) and honestly now that I've interviewed (and been accepted) at other schools, I can say for sure that I was being way too forgiving about the interview quality I experienced. This interview was extremely strict, rushed, and quite crass. I really got grilled on my stats in ways that (in hindsight) were not very nice at all. This interviewer went down my transcript and singled out every "bad" grade I had (which at the time I didn't know was unusual because this was my first interview) o_O. This is not meant to shed a negative light on the school in any way, I just think this interviewer is unfortunately not a great fit for this role. Feel free to PM if you want to talk to someone about specific interview related experiences and about concerns o_O
I had the same interviewers as well. In addition to all of the things you guys mentioned, he asked me how many times I have applied to medical school and how many interview I have had. I tried to dodge it but still had to somewhat answer it. I felt that was very inappropriate. It’s been 4 weeks since I interviewed and there is just silence. :(

• Sad
I had the same interviewers as well. In addition to all of the things you guys mentioned, he asked me how many times I have applied to medical school and how many interview I have had. I tried to dodge it but still had to somewhat answer it. I felt that was very inappropriate. It’s been 4 weeks since I interviewed and there is just silence. :(
man, it upsets me hearing this! touro should know better than to have someone who doesn't know how to interview candidates ruin- what might be for many- their only shot to med school. if they offer a post-interview survey, I'd definitely mention the sub-optimal experience.

also, I don't think there's any harm in reaching out around the month mark. though, you can probably guess that their response is going to be something to the effect of "sit tight, we're getting to you". but at the very least, reaching out may implicitly show interest in their school.

And @squigglyshana

I emailed over the weekend asking about the schedule and they seemed surprised I hadn't gotten it - apparently they sent out an announcement recently with the dates

I also hadn't paid my 2nd deposit yet so I'm wondering if that affected who did and didn't get it?
Maybe you’re right, I haven’t paid my second deposit either - I’ll make sure to email them and get this information!